Turbo PSI.

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Turbo PSI.

Post by MegaMoe »

Ok all those guys enjoying speed and power whom have knowledge about PSI pressure of turbos plz tell me about ur experience as i am planning to increase the turbo power in my TT above 2psi, is that safe?
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Turbo PSI.

Post by Chuck »

megamoe wrote:Ok all those guys enjoying speed and power whom have knowledge about PSI pressure of turbos plz tell me about ur experience as i am planning to increase the turbo power in my TT above 2psi, is that safe?
Hi Moe,
you are sure your Turbo has only 2PSI Pressure ?
Image <br><br>Image<br>

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

i am adding 2% more power :mrgreen: correction.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Chevy Silverado Z71

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

It depends on the internal orgins of your engine ( Mainly Pistons ) .... is it designed to talerate extraa BOOST?

In your case I think you should ask TT expert or the Agency about the safe limit of Boost.
The More boost you add ..... the shorter the engine will live if it is not designed to take the extra load.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

don't do it...not in this country with all this heat, the car will go great for a little while then it will go BANG!!!!!
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

:iagree: dont play with it as Doc say u will enjoy it first while then it will spoool down :x
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Blackchallenge
Advanced
Advanced

After Use

Post by Blackchallenge »

After what you did with your car :D Engine is not qualified to go with turbo
Only Jeep Can Do It

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Re: After Use

Post by Chuck »

Blackchallenge wrote:After what you did with your car :D Engine is not qualified to go with turbo
I think you missunderstood, it has already a Turbo ( from the factory ) and Moe wants to boost it a little.
Image <br><br>Image<br>

H3

Post by H3 »

Moe what is the current boost pressure? I am guessing somewhere below 1 bar (14.5psi) I was running a Fiat Uno Turbo back home with stock boost of 0.75 bar (11 psi) and with the aid of a bleed valve upped the boost to 1.25 bar (18.75 psi) with great results. I did however maintain a very strict 3000 miles service interval using Mobil 1 synthetic oil and OEM oil filter just to be on the safe side. Point to note is the car is still running fine 6 years later in my Brothers hands and now up to 100,000 miles but the Fiat body work is rusting apart as is normal with Italian vehicles.

As regards operating a boosted TC'd vehicle over here with high ambient temperatures, in my opinion providing you are not constantly full throttle for long periods of time i.e. I used to frequently run a long section of twisty 'B' roads with like minded friends flat out for fun til they speed camera'd it! or the brakes faded, I do not see a problem. Providing your cooling system is in top notch condition and you look after the turbo in a sense you make sure you cool it down after a hard run (in this case the exhaust driven side of the turbo will be visibly red hot +/-800degrees) for a good 15 mins or so and make sure you let the engine idle for a while before switching off you should be ok. The latter makes sure the turbo is not still spinning at high RPM with no oil feed and hence protects the bearings.

In my opinion it will be ok with a moderate boost increase. Just my ten cents worth.

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

actually it comes with 20pst standared and i was planning to boost it to 22.
Chevy Silverado Z71

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi Moe,

try it with these guys:

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/Home.7.0.html?&L=1

They know if the car suffers. Abt is the only tuner who works on Audi without loosing warranty for your car.

I know you don't have any warranty anymore but I see this as sign of quality...

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

H3

Post by H3 »

megamoe wrote:actually it comes with 20pst standared and i was planning to boost it to 22.
In that case mate I would not worry about it, go for it and have fun :D

halwa

Re: Turbo PSI.

Post by halwa »

megamoe wrote:Ok all those guys enjoying speed and power whom have knowledge about PSI pressure of turbos plz tell me about ur experience as i am planning to increase the turbo power in my TT above 2psi, is that safe?

Moe, why dont you go for computer mapping? I done this to my GTI (2007) and gained 30BHP with 80N off torque more. This method is perfectly safe and as Jo said ABT can do this for you.

kerMitt

Post by kerMitt »

dear moo... if ur willing to go crazy in ur tt id recomend a work shop in mussafah called sahara tuning thy no wht thr doing and thy cud do any thing u wnt and get u any thing u wnt.. but thy charge aloot :( give me a call if u need directions...

amin 050=-6910038

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

When i had the turbo on my patrol it was set at 8 PSI, the guys who increased it started having problems in the diffs, the gear and the 4x4 system. Remember that the patrol is a japanese car, so for the TT, i wouldnt play with it, otherwise you will end up with alot of problems.
The jeeper is back.