Car Tint

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

G-man wrote:Another issue is the quality of the tint material. I'm pretty sure that what I had install 14 months ago was grey-ish in color. Now it has turned to a horrible blue tint and I'm sure its darker. It might get me in trouble with the G-men.
You can see if the colour changed when you put down on of the side windows a little. The foil on the part which is normally covered by the door frame ( if you have one ) will have still the original colour because the sun does not affect it. The window itself is always affected by the sun, so you see the difference right away.
Image <br><br>Image<br>

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

For me ,

I dont like the Dark one because it makes me feel traped :lol:

I've traied the Normal one and the 3M ..... I think they are the same

They talk alot about isolation but the onlt difference I noticed is that the 3M film can not be scrached esely and the colour does not change quickly (on the Jeep since Jan'2006 & on the BMW since Aug'2006)
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

G-man wrote:Another issue is the quality of the tint material. I'm pretty sure that what I had install 14 months ago was grey-ish in color. Now it has turned to a horrible blue tint and I'm sure its darker. It might get me in trouble with the G-men.
Hey G-Man with your CD number plate, you could have RED window tint and they wouldn,t stop you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Ghanem
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ghanem »

Mac wrote:DiVeR, I don,t know but will try and find out for you, who knows, they might just try and look through it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes they do
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2009
2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 Ltr.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

halwa wrote:They actually have a instrument (gun) they point onto the window that gives a reading.
Yes they have an instrument that measures the tint ... You should only put 30% on the sides ..

I had Harakat on the Lumina for 3 years which was perfect, no color change and real heat isolation, 3m on the Wrangler and I don't like it because of the vision at night is not so good, Titanum on the Durango which does not isolate heat as good as Harakat and I have the Irani shop "what they call american" which I think is good but get scratched easily ... So I think you should get Harakat and only 30%
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com