Car Tint

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Car Tint

Post by DiVeR »

I was checking today about installing new Tint for my Pajero. I checked with Harakat in Salam Street & Lamasat in Defence street, both mentioned that they install 40% Tint and they confirmed that it will pass through inspection at time of license renewal.

Does anybody has any idea about this because i had the impression that max 30% Tinit is allowed :?:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

As far as i know it is %30 only :roll:
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

When it comes to regestration renewal, it depends on the guy who is checking your car.

Some times they will accept the 40% and some times they will make you feel as a criminal :lol:

But, for daily use normaly 40% is Ok during the day time however at night, it depends on the policeman.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

I would do only 30 %.

The police confiscated the car of one of my colleges ( he is a local !!) on site because of too dark tinting. :badidea: Luckely he has one car more :wink: :D

It can be quite expensive if you are in bad luck. 8O

I do not know how much is the difference between 30 and 40 % ( i mean in apperance ) so maybe they will not see the difference at all. :twisted:

How do they test the darkness anyway ?
Image <br><br>Image<br>

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

That's the confusion. These shops are specialized only in tinting and they give 5 years waranty. the guy confirmed to me that they sell it as 30%. However, by the manufacturer standards, it is 40%. Moreover, 30% & 40% are the same price, so they will not benefit by recommending the 40 % tint :roll: :roll:

Karim

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

it depends on the type of film he is using because for example if you go for the taiwan tinting then you'll find that 30% is not dark at all , while 30% in the original american is dark.

also if you put that one which they sell at places like v-kool , m-kool, lamsat , harakat (with the heat reduction claim).... you'll find that the 30% is very light its like almost you have no tinting. (therefore when i used v-kool which costed 1500 dhs i asked them for 70% but that was dark) however on my wrangler i'm using the normal original american 50% which costed only 60 dhs i was stoped once in abu dhabi for it and even sometime before that i had the 30% original american and i was once stoped in abu dhabi for it.

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

With All My Respect . . . . . !

Post by FearUAE »

baba: go for the 30 % and save yourself the headache, believe me it's not worth it to be cuaght by the policeman who did not have a good sleep after fighting wih his wife & looking for someone for revenge , , , , , , , , , , :lol:

The 30 % is more than enough specially when you pay like 1000 or 1500. Mine is the ameican 30 % which cost 90 dirhams & doing moe than fine for an almost a year ! :roll:

Kalemero

Post by Kalemero »

diver 30 or 40 there is no much diffrenece between them

well my car if 50% and l police doent say anything about it ....

well but if you want my advice install 30% and raye7 rasik , because some time they really piss you off when they are free lol

so go for 30% :lol:

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Carefull!

..usually more expensive cars already come with tinted windows (approx.15%). If you add now a 30%.. you may get in trouble...

What is it all about anyway? Tinting is only for heat protection.. If you "close" your windows for privacy use curtains :lol: because if no-one can look inside, no-one can look outside and this is dangerous during driving (especially at night)!!!

I understand tinting the "passenger" section for that reason..

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Ghanem
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ghanem »

any thing over 30% will cost you a fine of 10k
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2009
2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 Ltr.

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Yep guys, confirmed with my Traffic Police expert. 30% is the legal limit ( Unless you are a Sheikh ) This is one of the things traffic wil clamp down on because they have realised that the 40% tint and upwards is causing accidents at night. You have been warned, and yes it is a 10k fine. A pal also had his car towed away in Dubai for violating this. Also in Dubai I have seen signs in public car parks banning cars with strong tints. :roll: :roll:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

OK guys, Then 30% it is. But out of curiousety. Maybe MAC can help. How do they know the tint % :?: do they have a special device or something :?: :roll:

Karim

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

DiVeR, I don,t know but will try and find out for you, who knows, they might just try and look through it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

halwa

Post by halwa »

They actually have a instrument (gun) they point onto the window that gives a reading.

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Another issue is the quality of the tint material. I'm pretty sure that what I had install 14 months ago was grey-ish in color. Now it has turned to a horrible blue tint and I'm sure its darker. It might get me in trouble with the G-men.
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.