2008 wrangler the story goes on...

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
RonH

2008 wrangler the story goes on...

Post by RonH »

Hi all,

Any info available yet on the changes in the UAE model for 2008??
Last edited by RonH on Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WildFire

Re: 2208 wrangler

Post by WildFire »

RonH wrote:Hi all,

Any info available yet on the changes in the UAE model for 2008??
Tthe year 2208 model, may lock like this

I dont think they will change much in 2008. when the TJ wasreleased in 1997 the didnt change many things in following years except minor things.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

RonH

Post by RonH »

hihi sorry, would like to see 2208 model though........ I would be 240 years young then...

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

The 2008 will be the same. However, as advised by ME4WD (Jeep club founder) that you will be able to order lockers with it
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

RonH

Post by RonH »

Just an update on my roof traveling JK 4d Sahara.
It is still in Mussafah being fixed.

While it is there I will do some upgrades; Please advise at you convenience if you Like.
Jeep is now attaching the bushwacker fender flares (from Feri) painted in the car's colour.
Then Feri will do:
- 2 inch lift (no diffrent shocks needed according to him)
- 33 inch tyres on original rims with spacers
- forced air in take (dry filter) the throttle spacer and jetchip are allready in.
- then maybye....a diffrent muffler Feri says it will give a lot more bhp but I am personnaly not a big fan of too much noise inside so ........please comment if you want.
- Then Feri is going to saw the numberplate of the rearbumber and attach the license plate "american style"
- And I am thinking about the star HID 7" lights....please comment on that as well
Then later this year (or jan 2008) I will think about the new bumpers personally Ik like the looks of the fab 4 front

This was the general Idea, any suggetsions comments etc are more the welcome

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Feri is a very nice guy .. is he paying for all this????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok gettion serious .. Go ahead with all the above, I think you will have a little nice monster
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

RonH

Post by RonH »

Hmmm we still need to talk about the price.... :mrgreen:
Thanks Iguana I think I will, except maybe the exhaust....noise

Will call you tonight for the clubpack after as you said...

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Hi Ron, even though I am not so much a technical guy, I would say:

- go for the lift kit, 2" gonna be fine, as the bigger tyres will add another inch of ground clearance
- bigger tyres (agressive ones) are always good in the sand
- Sport cat back / exhaust system / muffler, it is a family car, so the noise level is probably getting to high for the kids
- more lights are a must when driving at night times and there will be plenty opportunities to do so

Man, looks like this will be a hell of a machine :D
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

RonH

Post by RonH »

My thoughts exactly, thanks mike..
If anyone else has suggestions, tips, do's, dont's please let me know....

halwa

Post by halwa »

RonH wrote:Just an update on my roof traveling JK 4d Sahara.
It is still in Mussafah being fixed.

While it is there I will do some upgrades; Please advise at you convenience if you Like.
Jeep is now attaching the bushwacker fender flares (from Feri) painted in the car's colour.
Then Feri will do:
- 2 inch lift (no diffrent shocks needed according to him)
- 33 inch tyres on original rims with spacers
- forced air in take (dry filter) the throttle spacer and jetchip are allready in.
- then maybye....a diffrent muffler Feri says it will give a lot more bhp but I am personnaly not a big fan of too much noise inside so ........please comment if you want.
- Then Feri is going to saw the numberplate of the rearbumber and attach the license plate "american style"
- And I am thinking about the star HID 7" lights....please comment on that as well
Then later this year (or jan 2008) I will think about the new bumpers personally Ik like the looks of the fab 4 front

This was the general Idea, any suggetsions comments etc are more the welcome
No need for shocks on a 2" lift, are you sure? They will work for a short time, but will suffer damage and start leaking. Best check it out--safety first!!!

RonH

Post by RonH »

I don't know Halwa, I am depending on Advice, feri says no need, you say the opposit. how to find out what to do.
anyone else has experience with this? (remember it is a JK that might be the diffrence I do not know)

RonH

Post by RonH »

This weekend I went to Liwa, this was the first time since the flip over.
I must admit I did not have the usual fun, I was nervous and even maybe a bit......

So I only took the easy sand. I hope this passes and I will win my confidence back.....

We where to far near the Saoudi border ( at one time we drove next to the border fence) we got picked up by two army vehicles and the ecorted us to a semi dirt kind of road and told us to keep following it after 90 minutes on that "track" we came to the road to Madinat zayed.

The JK performed well it was the driver......... :oops:

halwa

Post by halwa »

RonH wrote:I don't know Halwa, I am depending on Advice, feri says no need, you say the opposit. how to find out what to do.
anyone else has experience with this? (remember it is a JK that might be the diffrence I do not know)
You might be right RonH, how did the car perform with the mods? I am sure your confidence will return in no time. Have fun and see you in the sand pit! :D

RonH

Post by RonH »

Hi ,

The lift is not on it yet, The job is too busy to do anything right now.
The engine mods (brute air, throttle spacer, and Jet chip) are really boosting the performance

ME4WD
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ME4WD »

Well guys/Iguana thanks for the positive notes :lol:

We (4WDME) delivered a number of cars to Western Autos, these are having 2" liftkit, 16x9 pro alloy rims, 33" tires, AEM bruteforce air filter and bushwacker fenders with wheel spacers as stage one, Western autos completed with few more accessiries and these cars are ready to be purchased from them (I think they sold the all already)

We are now working on stage II version of the JK, will have more serious mods and groovy look. Stay tuned for more. By the mean time if you have any questions, share them with us here, PM or email and I will be more than happy to assist. Last but not least, we are not just sales guys, we are offroaders who build and sell stuff that really work and feels so swift and nice on your wallets :wink:

Regards
GPS: N 25 09.488 E 055 13.866
Emai : info@aev.ae

Tel : +971-4-3307152 Fax : +971-4-3307162