H3 adventure package

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

H3 adventure package

Post by Hani AMJ »

Guys, your opinion please on the H3 Adventure package (the one with enhanced suspension and rear deff lock )
During the adventure fun i was driving the H3 fully loaded with 5 people and gear. Its performance was remarkable. i was all over liwa’s dunes, even the extremely tough and high areas. I was really empresses. I was driving a 06 model with 35”tires.
Adiga, Omar, Said, Mpenzi, K.magboul and Mac, your feedback plz as you all have witnessed the performance of the H3

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

From what I saw, the car was performin perfectly. However, I heard that the car is under powered and you have to really push it to take you to some places. This you can decide as you were driving.

Megamoe got us a good deal on Hummers by the way so check with him on AD4x4 discount
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

i felt that the car could use more power but the newer models comes with a 3.7L engine adding around 25HP to the one i was driving. combine that with headers, performance exhaust, cold air intake, throttle body spacer, ECU remapping, low temperature thermostat and you get an extra 35HP. The new alpha model sounds promising but is extremely expensive :(

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

I was very impressed with the H3 and I was always compare with the one Mac drives. There is no much different in terms of power and handling. The Off road package have more lighting and extra fetures than the basic model.

My problems with H3's are those small nigglings problems that had been reported like side air bags poping out / or seat belts tensions etc.

Like the big tires you had in your H3 Antrax may that made a big different in the sand as you have a bigger footings and thats makes it drive more easilly.

Overall it was good performance man and it was very nice driving with you guys.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Hi Hani,
You need to speak to Simon ( H3) as he has the adventure package, but I know he is very impressed with it.
As far as mine is concerned it is the 07 model with the 3.7 engine. Like you I was fully laden with 3 BIG passengers and their extremely heavy eqpt, plus all of my recovery gear/tools etc, and in Liwa I thought it was superb. It likes to keep moving and because of the weight you need to know where to stop.
Now I am getting used to the gearing I do not find it too underpowered at all, in fact it flew up some of those big dunes, which considering the weight we had was awesome. Plus you have the space & comfort.
The only thing I have done so far is to change the stock tyres to BFG A/T and they seem fine. I may change the exhaust/air filter but I am not rushing to do this.
You will also remember the pull out in Liwa when I managed to pull your Hummer While you were still attached to Mpenzi Prado and it pulled both of the cars out at the same time with ease.
As far as the air bags/seat belts this is all about removing the fuse AND the supplementary one which I missed, if it hadn,t been for this I wouldn,t have had any problems. On a recent Wadi trip I descended a very steep track for some 3kms without ever touching the brakes due to the low gear ratio when others were on the brakes all the time. You will miss the fun of a Wrangler though, but enjoy the comfort.
Hope this helps. Mac
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

I heard that they will fit the H3 with a V8 engine soon, if that is true, its worth waiting for.
The jeeper is back.

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

How is the car onroad Mac ?? is it noisy??
Wat's its max speed ?? and how much was it for ?? :D plzz
I'm really thinking of getting one
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

the Adventure package is for 159,000dhs unless u work for a government sector that is recognized by liberty then u'll get it for 141,000dhs. the Alpha V8 is for 190,000dhs. its very comfortable on road and offroad.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

H3

Post by H3 »

Hmmm, I think it's about time liberty paid me commission.

The Adventure package is just about right in my opinion both on and offroad, it now comes with some usefull accessories such as rocksliders, underbody protection package, brush bar and a super low transfer case. Additional lighting is also fitted and doesn't do a half bad job of lighting up the dunes at night. Plus your rear e-locker which has got me out of a bind several times.
I have been experimenting with driving in 4lo/drive on the last couple of trips and have been suitably impressed with performance. 4Hi and first/second gear is also a viable choice and can be used where the going is not so tough and you need the extra speed.
4Lo is only good for 60kmh at 5000 odd rpm and although the book states you can change from Lo to Hi on the move you cannot. You must be in neutral and almost stopped.
On the road it a comfortable driving environment, the Adventure comes with the heated leather seats with powered adjustment. Both me and my wife find it comfortable on long journeys she is 5 foot and a fart versus me being 6' 3".
In response to Abu Omar, yes there is a bit of wind noise around the windshield but I would say its not so intrusive until you are way above the highway limit. You have to remember it has the aerodynamics of a breeze block but they have managed to insulate the cabin pretty well. I did not really notice much difference in road noise when I switched to BFGoodrich tyres either.
Top speed is limited to 170KMH and it will happily cruise at 140 to 150 if of course you are on an Autobahn :wink: Cruise control is a nice feature, I think it makes for a slightly more relaxing journey and you can rest your foot on the dashboard.....only joking :lol: I paid 154,000 but I think you can crank them down some more on that.
All in all I am pleased with the H3 and glad I made the choice, again, and at this stage I do not think I will be trading my 3.7 for the 5.3 Alpha (Coming April '08), a couple of more mods to mine and it will be in the same league as the V8 powerwise.

As for the seatbelts/airbags since my second deployment of same, I have had the fuse pulled permanently and despite doing some crazy stuff have since not had a repeat occurrence. Liberty stopped importing H3's with airbags but it would appear that since the '07's built in South africa started arriving here the airbags are back. A switch would be usefull to deactivate the circuit when offroad but GM doesn't seem to think so, although when they start getting hit with more expensive warranty claims they may change their tune. Mac's case was exceptional to say the least.
HOAB Black Sheep Hummer Squadron Arabian Gulf Chapter

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

Thanks Simon
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

It didnt seem to me can climb Hi dunes that easy :roll:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Bulldozer wrote:It didnt seem to me can climb Hi dunes that easy :roll:
You didn,t see it Bulldozer as you drove off leaving me & Mpenzi as only 2 cars, NO stucks on the last day getting the photographers up high though. :lol: :lol:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

I have not had the pleasure to drive the H3 yet, and feel its really tempting.... My 2 fils worth opinion is based on what I saw only....

Based on the trips I did where Mozi and H3 were with me in LIWA, Sweihan and Area 53, I can tell thet H3 is capable but need to floor it bringin the pedal to the metal to get it up, using low gears while others are still on high.... But it eventually takes you almost everywhere.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....