Toyota FJ

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Rizvi wrote:BH - i concur.

Anyhow...the car comes before the driver...thats my notion.

Im dead sure the best driver in the club can not drive a corrolla through dune crests.

Ok - so we cant drive a sedan in the desert?? what??? we need an SUV? what about a range rover sport?? no no, low profile tires....low a/d angles...??? whaat??? we need high profile tires and high a/d angles??? H2 baby!!!???? no no tooo heavy & too long...WHAAT??? high profile tires, a/d angles, AND light weight AND not tooo long??? I thought its all about driving skills!!

Everyone has their own perspective....my opinion is if you want to "enjoy" off-roading (not just driving on the beach or a park trail), you need to have the right car...driving skills evolve and improve over time.

Bottom Line...Im a little sick of Jeepers justifying their car choice by dissing vehicles used by other club members.

rgds.
8O WOW, getting a little hostile there aint we Rizvi? If you have noticed, all members diss each others choice about what they drive, every time I see Iguana he tells me to sell my ZJ and buy a wrangler of some sort. all this "dissing" is part of our fun and sense of humour mate, thats how we roll. :lol:

Personally I quite like the FJ, it does the job but at the end of the day nothing can out-perform the ZJ for power, comfort, a & d angles, handling. In short, as an all round off-roader. Coz it is the BEST 4x4 you can buy.
So if you guys wanna buy a real 4x4 buy a JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 1998 5.2L/5.9L V8. The best basher money can buy. :D

Forget about your Frustrating Japs, Toy Jeeps, Crappy Jalopies, Yawning Juiceboxes, Lazy Cows, Al Magboul special Tandoori Delivery service trucks, Albino Rhino's, path grinders and all the rest of the wannabies, BUY A ZJ
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

For the history of the J series from the original 1951 Toyota Jeep BJ through the J20 series see Land Cruiser History from 1950 to 1955

1960 - J40 series launched. (wheelbase 2285 mm (90 in) / 2430 mm (96 in) / 2650 mm (104 in)
1965? - Longer wheelbase (2950 mm (116 in)), FJ45-B, pickup and cab-chassis were added
1967 - End of 4-door FJ45V (I) (w/b 2650 mm (104 in)) production, replaced by FJ55 Station wagon
- 2door FJ45-B renamed FJ45 (II) (w/b 2950 mm (116 in))
1973? - HJ45 launched with the H , 3.6 litre in-line 6 cylinder Diesel engine.
1974 - BJ40 / 43 launched with the B, 3.0 litre in-line 4 cylinder diesel engine.
1976 - Disc brakes on the front axle
1979 - Power steering (only F models) and air conditioning added to the options, gear ratios modified to be more freeway friendly
1980 - HJ47 launched with a 4.0 liter 6 cylinder diesel engine. End of HJ45 production
- BJ42/46 and BJ45 launched with a 3.4 liter 4 cylinder diesel engine
1981 - Power steering added on the BJ models to the options
1984 - End of J40 series production (replaced by J70 series)
2001 - End of Bandeirante production

Original factory winches were driven directly from the transfer case (known as P.T.O. or power take off) powered by the engine. Later models had an optional electric winch.
Today the J40 Series is prized for its compatibility with General Motors products. Not only does the J40 accept the same 6 lug wheel as GM, but the transmission is also compatible with the Chevrolet small block engines, including the 307, 327 and 350 cubic inch models. This allows for engine changes and upgrades, a viable option as surplus engines and engine components for the original J40s are becoming scarce.

Future
There is a good sized following of people that collect, maintain, and drive their J-series truck off road. Toyota still offers many replacement parts, available through Toyota parts departments worldwide. Many of these trucks find their home in third world countries as work trucks, where they are used daily by their owners. Its essence lives on in the J70 series, which is essentially a J40 with an updated front half and slightly different engine offerings, such as a turbo charged diesel. It sells in many countries, but was never for sale in the USA.

Toyota FJ CruiserToyota has recently introduced the FJ Cruiser, a modern SUV styled after the original FJ40. The FJ Cruiser (FJC) went on sale in the spring of 2006.

The fjc OUT SOLD the Hummer,JEEP combine sale in USA last year.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

def_90
Intermediate
Intermediate

never the less

Post by def_90 »

FJ is not so nice lookin car ....and this guy made it real ugly

when ANY BODY IN THIS FORUM WANNA DO EXTEROIR upgrads speicialy when it's STYLE thing

search on internet to see how it will look ............none of us MR.ENZO from Roma :x

keep styling for people with sense of style.

sorry guy's i was a bit upset :P

Rizvi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Rizvi »

TINTIN,

I think making fun of each others cars is cool...its all fun and games...no worries....but when some comments are intended to be below the belt...they warrant a reaction.

im alright with ppl callin the FJ a fake jeep...but anything beyond that and comments that attack the character of FJ drivers...below the belt.

rgds.

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

I understand that rivzi but nobody knocked the character of FJ drivers, if anything they where boosting it by saying its nt the car, its the driver. :D
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Kalemero

Post by Kalemero »

Guyz fake jeep fatima jum3ah bla bla bla

I RESPECT THIS CAR :d:d :d
AND LOVE IT :d:d:d

SO FJ OWNERS be happy and pride thart you own an FJ dO yOU KNOW why ?

1- its smooth driving better than a jeep
2- can go anwhere liker a jeep accept that the jeep is smaller so it can go in tinky winky placed rather than that it can go anywhere where the jeep can go
3- imagine your self going swehain driving a jeeep lol you are happy but while coming back you are pissed ooff BUT while your drving an FJ you are happy in both ways
4- you DONOT have to think of your fuel in long trips , ITS ATOYOTA THING YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND IT :d
5- One of th emost cars that will be damaged easily not like a jeeep IS CHEAP :d
6- SPARE PARTS :) you can find them in the supermarket and they are cheap and the best quality :D again its A toyota THING

i will nerever finish if started to talk about the car :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

THE END
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Zee Godzilla
15 Nissan SWB Fully modified & Ready

Its my way or the high way :D

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

Rizvi wrote:
im alright with ppl callin the FJ a fake jeep...but anything beyond that and comments that attack the character of FJ drivers...below the belt.

rgds.

And Hayabusa driver??? can we??? :lol:

Peace man, it is just all fun!

I have a Jeep, and i like FJ (my second choice and maybe the first if i had had 20k cash available one year ago...)
:oops:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry: