Porsche Cayanne or Cayanne S any idea?

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
lion
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by lion »

Iguana,

if you are looking for a second hand cayane s with turbo kit check the below link it seems very good deal.

http://uaesm.maktoob.com/vb/uae243184/
JKU 2015
JK 2009
Prado SWB 2007
Nissan Patrol LWB 2005
Land rover 2002
All filled with sand since 2002.

BouJebba
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BouJebba »

My personal taste will be the bentley convertible, which I cannot afford and my kids will just jump out of the car when the roof is opened and my wife will not accept it because I will turn lots of girls heads and it's not a 4x4
Freud thinks that your unconscious mind is asking for some other changes.

PS:
It's Freaud, not me.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Thanks Lion, but I prefer a new one from the agency.

Bujebba, does freud think that I should get a new wife and just enjoy my Wrangler :?:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

BouJebba
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BouJebba »

Iguana, Freud think that you are suicidal exposing your unconscious mind in a public forum.

desertdude

Post by desertdude »

I'm not saying this as Land Rover Fan or anything, But Ig I've had the opurtunity to experience (and I'm not talking an hour's test drive of so think atleast a week) some of the best Luxury SUV's avaible in the GCC market. Names Like Escalde, LX470, Cayenne S n Turbo, Navigator, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover HSE, Range Rover Vogue, Merc G55, Infinity QX and FX

All of the above are very good, but the best of the best I must say is the Range Rover HSE or better yet The Range Rover Vogue and the best Range Rover Vogue and the Bestest of them all Range Rover Autobiography. Let the public speak. Grab a chair and sit by the road side and count how many of the above cars you see on the road.

As for Image nothing says I have money shooting out of my @ss as when you pull up in a shiny black range rover with blacked out windows rolling on 22" rims to add to the effect get a fancy 4 digit number plate to complete the look .

Get a porsche if you looking for the typical, I can't make up my own mind so I went for what everybody said was good car image. Plus surprisingly its not a comfortable car at all specially on a long trip. I thought I was the only one who thought, until I saw a few people who sold their cayennes and got them selves Range Rover for the same reason.

Also I don't think you'll keep the car this long but a very negative factor about the porsche is there is not outside of dealer service when the warranty runs out. While with Land Rovers there are few very reputable garages for them which even the dealers recommend if the car is out of warranty and the job is costing too much there. Also another factor Porsche spares are not avaible outside .

Another little inside funfact about the cayenne and I heard it directly from the horses mouth. When Porsche first annouced they were launching a 4x4. They had a great number of loyal costumers put down deposits to book one even without seeing it. When the first actual image was released. 80 to 90% withdrew their bookings becuase it was fugly as hell. Hence Porsche went into panic mode and launched huge promotional campaigns world wide including here to promote their new product.

And in all honestly I still think its fuglt as hell, Get the real Cayenne the car it was based on and designed by the same person The VW Toureg.Much better On and Off road specially the V10 turbo diesel
8)

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Thanks Desert Dude .. I understand your comments and YES I AGREE Range Rover SPORT or Autobiography stands far more ahead of the Cayanne, but again, it cost AED 480K as far as I remember, resale value is 0, spare parts are far more expensive than Cayanne, too many problems specially electronic problems and hydraulic suspension problem. I am talking out of experience with 3 of my friends who bought the sport type and sold it because it was mainly (sitting at the garage more than they enjoy the car) at ver law prices.

Don't forget that the Cayanne S fully loaded (With full leather interior, Dynamic Chassis Control and hydraulic suspension .... So I am talking real options, not TV Screens and power windows :wink: ) comes at AED 350K and resale value is much better than the Range Rover.

For the maintenance and spare parts, you can have a 7 years extended warranty for Porsche for AED 7K. And if I have a Porsche or a Range Rover, I will not take it outside the agency for trial and error kind of maintenance :wink:

And don't worry about the 4 Digits number, I already have an Abu Dhabi nice one (2325):wink:
AND I WILL NEVER BUY A RANGE ROVER FAMILY :wink: :wink:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

desertdude

Post by desertdude »

Ahh your wrong there IG HSE is around 300 flat fully loaded. The biggest problem the range rover is associated with is the EAS Electronic Air Suspension ( not hydraulic ).Guess what the cayenne also has Air suspension and it is much more problematic than the RR. I speak from personal experience.

The Cayenne has much more electrickery than the range rover and lacks a proper Low Range T/C .And your totally wrong about the spares. I dunno one outlet outside the dealer which stocks spares for the dealer in Dubai Sharjah or the N.Emirates. While Land Rover has many parts dealers and you can also get branded and non branded ones.

Anyways I know your mind is made up, but I am just trying to clear the false information which is out there about Land Rovers. But even the hardest opposer of the brand become stout loyalist one they try any of their products.

Trust me I waa a former Land Rover Hater myself, but a few years back out of severe budget restraints and the need for a 4x4 I got my self a 1996 discovery and was very skeptical about it at first .That was the start of Land Rover Obsession.

Just give it a shot even if it is an old 95/06 discovery, trust me you will not regret it

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

iguana wrote:Tintin and Boujebba, the problem is that I am a poncy bank manager and a family man .. and an offroader, so I need a big car for the family, gives the image of a bank manager and feels like a 4x4 that's wht I choose the Cayenne .. My personal taste will be the bentley convertible, which I cannot afford and my kids will just jump out of the car when the roof is opened and my wife will not accept it because I will turn lots of girls heads and it's not a 4x4

:monkeydance: :newlol:
That is the funniest post I have seen from you in along time Iguana, but sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true.
My H3 is for sale though.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350