More on metal bumpers

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

More on metal bumpers

Post by Mac »

I called at Western Motors yesterday whilst out on my bicycle, as you have to when your H3 is waiting for a new driveshaft!!

Talking to Najib about prices for new JK,s and the Tornado conversion, he informs me that Western Motors will not fit Warn bumpers now , even to Tornado upgrade due to the fact that Muroor are not passing them even on new registration!!
They have stopped giving letters out saying that they have carried out the work etc as these are no longer accepted.

This is so confusing as I know that our members have recently had cars passed with Warn bumpers, and take my H3 for example comes with full metal bumpers as standard, so what is the difference.

I have found a fab, fully modified Rubicon in Dubai, but am very unsure if it will pass test here in AD..................confused.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Jax

Post by Jax »

Mac, if it is in Dubai why don't you register it there? As I understand it (although I could be wrong :wink: ) you don't need to register a vehicle where your residence visa is issued anymore. Dubai are (I have heard :? ) more lenient with the bumpers etc ...
Bit of a pain in the proverbial to drive to Dubai every year, but so is going and changing all your mods back to stock ....

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

As far as I have heard you either have to be resident in Dubai or your company/sponsor have to be registered there.
I dont fulfill any of these so I havent even considered trying.
Anyone know the truth about this? Can you register where ever you want?
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Now they changed the rule of checking the new cars to be checked after 3 year and not 2 years as they used to.

therefore , you H3 will bass without being visualy checked :wink:

Good Luck
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

WildFire wrote:Now they changed the rule of checking the new cars to be checked after 3 year and not 2 years as they used to.

Good Luck
I have no issues with the H3 as it is not due for testing and it would pass anyway despite metal bumpers, what I am saying is that this will pass but not others !
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

kghaleb
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kghaleb »

I am now preparing to sell my KJ...the bug the bug the bug, got me 100% .....

I am planing to keep my DXB plates / registration for that purpose....future mods

Lionbar

Post by Lionbar »

WildFire wrote:Now they changed the rule of checking the new cars to be checked after 3 year and not 2 years as they used to.

Good Luck
Agreed, i registered my '06 Pathfinder (3rd year) 2 weeks ago and it wasnt inspected.

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

I'm confused on this whole metal bumper thing too...

Ok, the inspection is one thing - sneaking through, changing to stock for the day, no inspection for 3 years etc etc.

But what about driving with the metal bumper on AD rego? If we have a prang, do you think insurance could be an issue? Can we get done for it if attention is drawn to it, I mean, are we actually breaking the law?
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

belbassiouni
Advanced
Advanced

Post by belbassiouni »

kghaleb wrote:I am now preparing to sell my KJ...the bug the bug the bug, got me 100% .....

I am planing to keep my DXB plates / registration for that purpose....future mods
You mean no issue with mods in DXB, i am also confused about this isue and insurance coverage Just in case :!:
Bahaa Elbassiouni
you can call me Bob
Mobile +1 (647) 836-8713/color]
Mercedes C 200 blue efficiency CGI 2011 with AMG kit .

Black *O||||||O* JK 2007 (manual), -
HotHead Headliners to cool the hard top, -

2.5" TeraFlex lift with Fox shocks, .
Bushwacker pocket style fender flares, -
Cooper STT 285x70R17 with M/T Classic II Special Edition rims, -
Gibson Performance Split Exhaust, and -
Garvin Wilderness Trail Rack
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch