This is what happens.....................

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

This is what happens.....................

Post by Andy »

Well, below is a pic of what happens when you even think about being unfaithful......... :oops:

I have been thinking about going to the darkside and buying a cheep toy for the sand, I have tried to keep my thoughts away from the "Plastic Pig" but obviously she found out, and below is how she paid me back...... :twisted:

The story in brief.......

Urs trip, 4.30am, got to Khatim, deflated, 1km, bang, stuck, tow (Wow Urs your a highly skilled madman 8O ), wave goodbye, home, shower, wait for recovery truck & replacment car........ :roll:

Oh well, 62K (25K on pipeline roads) , 47 desert trips, 2 accidents, 1 x brutal recovery and this is "The Plastic Pigs" first mechanical failure (And she still managed to limp home on 3 legs)......... :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: This is what happens.....................

Post by Xof »

I think there is a curse for all new marshals! Andy and his drive shaft, me and my rear bent axle... :mrgreen: As soon as you're in the Dark Side, it reminds you who's the boss!
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Andy wrote:Well, below is a pic of what happens when you even think about being unfaithful......... :oops:

I have been thinking about going to the darkside and buying a cheep toy for the sand, I have tried to keep my thoughts away from the "Plastic Pig" but obviously she found out, and below is how she paid me back...... :twisted:

Urs trip, 4.30am, got to Khatim, deflated, 1km, bang, stuck, tow (Wow Urs your a highly skilled madman 8O ), wave goodbye, home, shower, wait for recovery truck & replacment car........ :roll:

Oh well, 62K (25K on pipeline roads) , 47 desert trips, 2 accidents, 1 x brutal recovery and this is "The Plastic Pigs" first mechanical failure (And she still managed to limp home on 3 legs)......... :wink:
:oops: Was this brutal recovery me? I'm sorry to hear what happened to the Piggy mate. Must have finally caught a slight case of the swine flu? I hope your all fixed up soon mate. :mrgreen:
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

TINTIN wrote:
Andy wrote:Well, below is a pic of what happens when you even think about being unfaithful......... :oops:

:oops: Was this brutal recovery me? I'm sorry to hear what happened to the Piggy mate. Must have finally caught a slight case of the swine flu? I hope your all fixed up soon mate. :mrgreen:
:D Im guessing last weeks adventures was the final nail in the coffin. Just needs a new driveshaft and she will be as good as new.. :wink:

Its ok now I have a stock Xterra to see if I can bend that this afternoon :twisted:

Yes Xof I feel like a proper Marshal now :mrgreen:

watheq
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by watheq »

:D :D :D :D
PROUD TO BE AD4X4 MARSHAL

Sukilala

Post by Sukilala »

well Andy you should learn by this. your car is only letting you know what u will be in for every week if you buy a jeep.
give credit it took along time and a few trips before it happen, but with a jeep one trip then in the shop, :evil: :evil:

why you would wont to have have silly thoughts bewilders me, but maybe it is a marshal thing, :roll: :roll: :twisted:

hope car is back on road soon,

Nahhash
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nahhash »

Looks only Camels can servive in this summer (No Bulldogs or Pigs) :D

Sorry to hear that Andy, hope it will recover soon
MOHAMMAD

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

See what happens mate.......you go and mention the j**p word, and the plastic pig throws its toys outa the cot!!
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

Nasser
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nasser »

Guyz and Gals,

It is not only Marshals, the curse is unto me as well :cry: My JK is in WM - problem - Rear diff and front axle :evil: :evil: Tomorrow they will start operating on her. :mrgreen:

I hope the Plastic Pig recovers soon Andy.
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2014 in Dune Shade ~~~~For Sale~~~~
Nasser Al Karby - 0506668026

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

ps must have been some pretty good shock loading on the drive train to do that Andy. wow.

Dunno about you, but when I do a recovery, I try to drop the tojo into nuetral just before the snatch strap takes the shock ie so its just the free wheeling weight of the vehicle doing the snatch, not the drive train.
Easy for the manual gearbox crowd - just foot on the clutch at the right moment.

Hope the polycarbonate swine is up and running agian soon :okaay:
Last edited by maddog on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

geez nasser, yours in at the Docs too 8O hope the prognosis is good and recovery is swift!
maddog@ad4x4.com

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

Maddog/Joy your right the the "Plastig Pig" really threw its toys out yesterday! Not only has the driveshaft gone but as I unloaded all my gear the tailgate rams failed and the gate came down on me........ :twisted:

This morning i got a call from the garage and they cant get the car open as either battery has failed or the key fob has failed (there is no key)....... 8O

Maddog, I normally recover the same way as you letting the weight and momentun of the car do the work, but the Bulldog recovery was a little different we pulling his, rather heavy truck, uphill out of a bowl. We had two snatch straps joined together and I was reversing almost up to his car and then accelerating hard in Low and then keeping the power on once it snatched, we did this maybe 15-20 times until we got him out of the bowl..... Im pretty sure this is where the inital damaged occured, I did hear a crack from the front left, but couldnt see anything when I looked, but i think this is when the CV joint began to fail.

Oh well, hopefully a few days and I will have her back and then I need to sweetalk her again.......maybe i might go wild and buy her a new air freshener.... :chick:

Nasser, Im sorry to hear about you troubles as well, I hope its not too long until its fixed. Do you have any idea, how or why its broke?
Last edited by Andy on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

andy, did you try duct tape to fix all that? :mrgreen:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

xof wrote:andy, did you try duct tape to fix all that? :mrgreen:

:newlol: :newlol: I need a new roll I am running out :mrgreen:

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Andy wrote:Maddog/Joy your right the the "Plastig Pig" really threw its toys out yesterday! Not only has the driveshaft gone but as I unloaded all my gear the tailgate rams failed and the gate came down on me........ :twisted:

This morning i got a call from the garage and they cant get the car open as either battery has failed or the key fob has failed (there is no key)....... 8O

Maddog, I normally recover the same way as you letting the weight and momentun of the car do the work, but the Bulldog recovery was a little different we pulling his, rather heavy truck, uphill out of a bowl. We had two snatch straps joined together and I was reversing almost up to his car and then accelerating hard in Low and then keeping the power on once it snatched, we did this maybe 15-20 times until we got him out of the bowl..... Im pretty sure this is where the inital damaged occured, I did hear a crack from the front left, but couldnt see anything when I looked, but i think this is when the CV joint began to fail.

Oh well, hopefully a few days and I will have her back and then I need to sweetalk her again.......maybe i might go wild and buy her a new air freshener.... :chick:

Nasser, Im sorry to hear about you troubles as well, I hope its not too long until its fixed. Do you have any idea, how or why its broke?
:oops: That makers me feel really guilty you know. I hope it gets fixed soon and doesn't cost you too much mate. :x
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}