Western Motors, what a joke!!!!

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
halwa

Western Motors, what a joke!!!!

Post by halwa »

Went to Western Motors yesterday to purchase a front CV joint for my JKs rear drive shaft as the rubber boot had torn.
To my surprise I had to buy a complete rear drive shaft as they do not sell the CV joints seperately?????????????????????
This set me back AED1200-00. So take care of your drive shafts, WM sharks are waiting for you !!

The sad thing is that they do not have a answer why you can not buy only the CV joint, although it is a replaceable item!!

The main reason I have sold my JK is due to WM, I have personaly had it with WM and will never buy a JEEP again!!!

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Western Motors, what a joke!!!!

Post by Mac »

Sounds really stupid to me John! Stll there is no logic here. So big question is what,s next?? :lol:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

halwa wrote:Went to Western Motors yesterday to purchase a front CV joint for my JKs rear drive shaft as the rubber boot had torn.
To my surprise I had to buy a complete rear drive shaft as they do not sell the CV joints seperately?????????????????????
This set me back AED1200-00. So take care of your drive shafts, WM sharks are waiting for you !!

The sad thing is that they do not have a answer why you can not buy only the CV joint, although it is a replaceable item!!

The main reason I have sold my JK is due to WM, I have personaly had it with WM and will never buy a JEEP again!!!
John mate, why didn't you go to Shatri or the dodge showroom in town? I don't really bother with WM for small things like this as they take the p!$$. They tried to tell me it would cost 7000 to replace the throttle position sensor. I sent it to sweet car and got it done for 350. Still, they are crap for these types of things.
Shame mate. :roll:
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

halwa wrote:Went to Western Motors yesterday to purchase a front CV joint for my JKs rear drive shaft as the rubber boot had torn.

I have only had one experience of WM. I went last week with another club member who was told they had bent the front axle on their JK and was looking at a bill of around 12k. When I looked at the "bent" axle, there was a very minor weep, for which they finally agreed could be fixed easily and that, after checking again they found they axle wasnt actually bent.

My YJ will never put a wheel inside WM..!

Unfotunately WM are no worse than all of the main delaers here, they either dont know what they are doing or dont care.... :(

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Andy wrote:

I have only had one experience of WM. I went last week with another club member who was told they had bent the front axle on their JK and was looking at a bill of around 12k. When I looked at the "bent" axle, there was a very minor weep, for which they finally agreed could be fixed easily and that, after checking again they found they axle wasnt actually bent.

My YJ will never put a wheel inside WM..!

Unfotunately WM are no worse than all of the main delaers here, they either dont know what they are doing or dont care.... :(
Woooo Hooooo, you got the YJ then mate. Another one has fallen into the bottomles pit that is JEEP ownership. haha.
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

MMN00967

Post by MMN00967 »

Dear Jhon & other members,
I would like to clarify this joke with the facts.Like any other other industry the technology in Automotive Industry also advancing and we all aware of that.The strategy in production and marketing also changes from one manufactures to other.In this case simply the loose parts of cv joints and rubber boot for drive shaft are not serviced and supplied by Jeep.Hence Western Motors can only ensure the availability of the supplied parts and serve to our customers at a reasonable price which we believe we are up to the mark.I called Jhon yesterday and I think he understood the fact and thanks for the same Jhon.The rest assured to all members that we as a member of alfahim group will always be supportive to our customers and live up to your expectation
MMN00967

halwa

Post by halwa »

Thank you for your feed back and your phone call. Discussions like this one can only improve the service to us as customers.
I would how ever like to point out that the CV joints are sold separately in the USA, what can be the difference here in the UAE?
BTW: The CV joint in the USA is $38-00!

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

halwa wrote:Thank you for your feed back and your phone call. Discussions like this one can only improve the service to us as customers.
I would how ever like to point out that the CV joints are sold separately in the USA, what can be the difference here in the UAE?
BTW: The CV joint in the USA is $38-00!
this is the real reason halwa for NOT having the joints here...its only AED100 !!
for your information not only WM does this.. but all car agencies in uae....