Mods impacting roll-over insurance claim??

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
Patricio

Mods impacting roll-over insurance claim??

Post by Patricio »

Hi!

Has anyone experience with roll-over insurance claims under comprehensive policy. My question is whether any modification you have, here a wrangler, will impact the insurance claim. Do you have to undo them before you give it to their mechanic?

Also, if they claim it's a total write-off, will they keep the car? So if I want to reuse my tires for example I have to take them off prior to that?

Any info is appreciated.
Pat

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Mods impacting roll-over insurance claim??

Post by Abo Omar »

Donow about the claim , but for sure u won't be able to take anything off the car even if it's a car kit or a GPS , nothing ... so take whatever u want before for sure ... An expert advice is needed here, we used to have some inssurance freaks arround the site but don't remember the names....
Good luck anyway ..
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

SCORPIO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SCORPIO »

Patricio wrote:Hi!

Has anyone experience with roll-over insurance claims under comprehensive policy. My question is whether any modification you have, here a wrangler, will impact the insurance claim. Do you have to undo them before you give it to their mechanic?

Also, if they claim it's a total write-off, will they keep the car? So if I want to reuse my tires for example I have to take them off prior to that?

Any info is appreciated.
Pat
Ok patricio

first you have to get back to your contract, for some insurance Co. a very small line is there stating that any
major modification have to be reported to traffic department and back to them to revaluate the contract value
or the contract will be void
in some cases if the insurance co. did not check the car and picture it, they cannot void anything since they dont know
how the car was when insured they will rely on the traffic Dept check up in that case they have to pay even if the car
is modified in a acceptable manner by traffic Dept.

if the car is canceled after rolling over they will pay you the percentage according to contract
and YES they will take the car, they will park it for sale in auction for spare parts, you can follow that up
and inter the bid if interrested in the parts Note: they will never consider the mods value, they will pay according to the
original contract car evaluation therefore remove every thing you added to the car "again if they did not picture it"

if the car can be repaired the normal procedures will be implimented

i think only the legal report by police can determine if it can be repaired or it should be canceled.
YOU CAN NEVER SET OUT TO GET OUT FROM THIS LIFE ALIVE

Pierre
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Pierre »

For sure, Insurance company send an inspector to survey the car at the Repair shop before making a decision. So in case of modifiation they might have a say....

PM sent.

Pierre
Pierre
The tall Frenchman in a with a Grey Patrol & Lion on its flag

Don't be selfish ! Post your trip pictures in the gallery, share them with AD4x4 family.

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

Pierre wrote:For sure, Insurance company send an inspector to survey the car at the Repair shop before making a decision. So in case of modifiation they might have a say....

PM sent.

Pierre

:devill: :devill: :devill: :devill:
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

Patricio,

First sorry for the car. As i always say, if it's just material, just smile. Money is nothing compared to life and health.

Ok, Insurance in this country is not as clear than in Western countries. But i can tell that:

-any mods reputed to void the warranty might void you insurance and can actually be claimed against you in front of a court in case of third part dammage.

- you are supposed to get your car checked by Murroor Registration dept after heavy mods. If not done, this is a major issue as your car is not anymore as per your registration cards.

- The major issue in roll over is the lift kit and bigger tyres. Insurance can consider that this is the cause of your accident, as your gravity center is higher, then your chance of roll over bigger. Remove it if you have time.

- It is the cost of repairs that will decide if your car is scrapped... If it overcome the market price of your car value... bye bye... Get as much as you can from the mods done (BEFORE the expert comes).

- there should be a max time to present the police report to insurance... So, you have a very short time to remove whatever you want to keep.

hope this helps.
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Iron Man

Post by Iron Man »

xof wrote:
- The major issue in roll over is the lift kit and bigger tyres. Insurance can consider that this is the cause of your accident, as your gravity center is higher, then your chance of roll over bigger. Remove it if you have time.

- It is the cost of repairs that will decide if your car is scrapped... If it overcome the market price of your car value... bye bye... Get as much as you can from the mods done (BEFORE the expert comes).

- there should be a max time to present the police report to insurance... So, you have a very short time to remove whatever you want to keep.
I agree with Xof with what he said, tires size, lift kit are to be removed ASAP
Also don't leave any thing in the vehicle that can be removed easily as it could be stolen and insurance company wont pay for that

Get back to the insurance contract to see what was the vehicle valued for?

& Remember you have 30 days to present the vehicle to the insurance company as the police report is valid for 30 days

I believe now there is a new procedure in AD as the police report will be sent to the insurance company through some kind of system

finally I hope every one is safe and its just metal

Regards
Talal
When The Road Ends
The Fun Begins