Where to buy a camping stove

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
desertfun

Where to buy a camping stove

Post by desertfun »

Where do they sell camping stoves, preferably light weight, and more generally, where do they sell good camping equipment (as opposed to limited selection at Carrefour etc)?

Thanks!
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Where to buy a camping stove

Post by Gladiator »

check ACE, Hyber Market and True Value - Marina Mall.. :D

Fauzi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Fauzi »

Hyper Market at corner of Electra & Najda Street. They throw some discounts as well

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

And if youy want really good stuff like roof tent or awning then PM me as i have some arriving soon.
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

Thanks all for the quick responses, this community is truly impressive!

@Doc: i am more the kind who likes to browse around in a shop, but thanks for your suggestion.
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

I go to a mixture of all of the above! True Value had some good lamps recently and cheap Weber bbq's. Carrefour is where I got my stove which is quite small and very portable and I also got one that is just basically a gas canister with one burner from there, plus sleeping bag etc.

Ace sometimes have things but they can be more expensive - I price matched bbq's with Ace, True Value and Carrefour and they were not the cheapest by nearly 100AED and would not price match.

The other place where I picked up a couple of camping bits - great battery powered torch, good knife gadget and a brilliant rucksack - was in a shop on the first floor of Al Wadha Mall. Its not too far from the front of the mall - sorry, cannot remember the name. And they gave me a little discount too.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Hyper Market have the best camping gear
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Scorpio84
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Scorpio84 »

Carrefour had some pretty good and cheap ones... check it out

Scorpionita
Marshal | PR and Media
Marshal | PR and Media

Post by Scorpionita »

Scorpio84 wrote:Carrefour had some pretty good and cheap ones... check it out

but they are not good quality,,, if u will be ready to pay little more you can get good stuff at Hyper Market
Scorpion is another word of Legend

We are Big
We are Professional
We are Perfect
SIMPLY WE ARE AD4x4

Will remain AD4x4 PROUD member and Marshal