How to treat the desert ?!?! & how it treats us?!?!

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

As 99.99% of our activities in the desert around us, and we are a very good club with our environment, I thought why I don't start this post about what DOs and DON'Ts we are obliged to in the beautiful sands we are using for our fun and relaxing time.

Our aim is to protect the environment and the normal habitants of the desert, plus protecting ourselves.

1. As we all heard in our ANIT trips, we leave only the tracks behind us, all our garbage should be collected and removed in our cars before we leave, this is not only because we want to to be left clean; but most importantly to protect the animals, especially camels, from eating these left overs, plastic in specific, and this will be digested partially in their system and cause their death.

2. After BBQs, we try to help by burying our fire by sand, and this will keep it on for a longer time than usual. Animals, camels in specific, are not that smart, they will dig the sand looking after the warmth and when they reach deep to the fire, they will burn their lips, they are ugly anyway, but we do not want to burn them...best way is to keep the fire exposed to burn out quickly and safely.

3. Driving on small plants in the desert will not only cause harm to these plants, but it will increase the risk of a pop out...better to avoid it anyway.

4. Some cars will leave some debris behind, these might be from the plastic or metal under covers or any other parts, again these should be removed and not left behind. We are not only protecting our environment but to protect ourselves and fellow offroaders when passing by the same area, as these may be a potential hazard.

5. We have kids around in some trips, be careful when they play around in the desert, as the environment is not child friendly, so always keep an eye on your child
a. some plants are poisonous and might cause from simple irritation to sever complications.
b. snake and scorpions around hidden under rocks and small bushes (where children usually like to explore).
c. children are not that visible around moving cars.

6. In camping trips, it's always advisable that the next day you turn your boots upside down to check for scorpions that might hide during night in them.

7. The sand in the desert are not as clean as the beach (some of them at least), it's always advisable that you were protective foot wear to prevent injuries.

Please feel free to tip in anything useful, i will try to keep the main post updated with what you add of info.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Mpenzi

Re: How to treat the desert ?!?! & how it treats us?!?!

Post by Mpenzi »

Well said.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

idoumou
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by idoumou »

Yes you made it again, I’m encouraging you to write more and more not like someone who gave you a nick name "lalkative". Have a good day.
DO YOU LIKE TO BE HAPPY IN THE LIFE? LIKE FOR OTHERS WHAT YOU LIKE FOR YOURSELF.

idoumou
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by idoumou »

idoumou wrote:Yes you made it again, I’m encouraging you to write more and more not like someone who gave you a nick name "Talkative". Have a good day.
DO YOU LIKE TO BE HAPPY IN THE LIFE? LIKE FOR OTHERS WHAT YOU LIKE FOR YOURSELF.

T-J
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by T-J »

desert_hawk wrote: they are ugly anyway, but we do not want to burn them....

hehehehehehehehehehe

very nice post friend, wonder ow i haven't come across it before!!!

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

It's my luck may be :(
Kidding :P
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

T-J
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by T-J »

hahahahahahahaha

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

This is an excellent post.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128