Big Problem

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Big Problem

Post by Mozi »

Black Box Speeding Tickets will become in UAE ~~~~

The United Arab Emirates government will monitor, track, tax and ticket every driver with a mandatory black box.

Officials are ready to roll out a black box spy system that allows satellites to track each and every driver in the UAE and automatically issue speeding and other tickets for the slightest transgression. The first 10,000 black boxes will be installed in Abu Dhabi and Dubai with 700,000 installed by 2009. IBM signed a $125 million contract for the system last April.

The GPS-enabled "Smart Box" will also be used to tax drivers for every mile driven and will be rolled out as car registrations are renewed. The device provides a voice warning if the driver exceeds the local speed limit for wherever he may be driving. If the voice warning is ignored, the system would use a GSM/GPRS link to beam the car's speed, identity and location to the police so that a ticket can be issued. The system would also track and monitor any other driving violations, including "reckless behavior."

Motoring fines in the Gulf are notoriously harsh, with the maximum penalty for red light running set at six months in prison and a 3,000 dirhams fine ($816 US) along with seizure of the vehicle on the first offence. Last month, 94 individuals were arrested for "illegal car washing."

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

man already someone had this subject in the club.
http://www.ad4x4.com/modules.php?name=F ... opic&t=978

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi Mozi,

.. there is a big gap between intention and capability... 8)

Anyway, should this get alive you have an even bigger problem: With the GPS not only the horizontal information (speed & location) but also the vertical information (altitude!!) will be submitted. Do you need a pilot license than? What will be the penalty for beeing illegally airborn? :lol: :lol:

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Dont worry my friend :twisted: ....

:twisted: Some one will get a way to by pass it few days after emplementing this system :twisted: .

For me I dont go above 120 in the Jeep , 140 in the land cruiser and maximum is 160 in the BMW...
So i think i'll be OK :lol:

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

Jo wrote:Hi Mozi,

.. there is a big gap between intention and capability... 8)

Anyway, should this get alive you have an even bigger problem: With the GPS not only the horizontal information (speed & location) but also the vertical information (altitude!!) will be submitted. Do you need a pilot license than? What will be the penalty for beeing illegally airborn? :lol: :lol:

:hat:
You never know jo, maybe this is what they will study to apply in the near futher :D

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

We are in full use of similar system fitted in all company and contractors cars working for us. It is computerized system and downloads the results on monthly basis for the offenders.
It works well.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com