Hospitals in Liwa & Al Ain

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
keitho

Post by keitho »

Hello All,

Since the weather is now cool again :D , I am planning a few camping trips - this time I intend to bring my little nephews along too so they can see what is best about the UAE, the outdoors!! (NOT the shopping malls :lol: )

Anyway, there is a chance of coming across scorpions and maybe even a snake. Since my nephews are only 3 and 5 years old, I think any sting or bite could be very serious.

So my question is : are there any hopitals in Liwa that can treat scorpion stings and snake bites or is the nearest hospital in Madinat Zayed???
Also I am planning a trip around Al Hayer near Al Ain, which hospitals in Al Ain can treat these injuries?? I heard it is only government hospitals carry anti-venim. I don't want to spend hours driving around Al Ain looking for the right hospital wasting time.

Any advise appreciated!!

thanks
keitho

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

As far as I know, only SOME government hospitals have anti-venom since these cases are rare, no private hospitals have them.

We, as a club, usually camp in average sized group in good locations, you are welcome to join us and enjoy your time.

Actually on friday we have the opening season BBQ and some of us are staying overnight, you can join both and try ;)
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Hospitals in Liwa & Al Ain

Post by Xof »

i know Mafraq has anti venom...

there is no real hospital in Liwa. Closest is Madinat Zayed, who should have some. If you have a major issue in Liwa and are closer from Qasr Al Sarab, you might go there, and use the police/army helicopter for real emergencies.

Al Ain, just go to the biggest government hospital.
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

abu samra
Advanced
Advanced

Post by abu samra »

In Al Ain there are 2 Big govermantel hospital ( Tawam & Al Ain Hospital ) Both have anti venom

Tawam is just out side Al Ain City when u r coming from Abu Dhabi ( Second biggest hospital in the Country)
Al Ain Hospital is in city centre

In Liwa Madenat Zayet Hospital is the biggest govermantel Hospital & they should have as its one of the biggest hospitals in the country.
but u have Liwa hospital which is small hospital but might be closer than Madenat zayed but not sure if they have..

Hope this help
High Voltage Master........

Liwa Man..........

Proud to be AD4X4 Marshal

Juergen
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Juergen »

Of course knowing a hospital that is equiped for emergency cases is always useful.
But taking some easy steps to prevent these cases might proove even more useful.
Always wearing shoes (boots), staying clear from shrubbs, do not turn stones or woods that is lying around should help a lot.
Where there's a will, there's a way. - The journey is the reward. - Proud to be AD4x4 Marshall!

Sean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sean »

well put Juergen,

Had a friend stung by scorpion...in the morning when taking tent down and roling up.....guess the scorpion wanted a sleep in :lol: but serioulsy she was in some pain...but ok after few hrs...

keitho

Post by keitho »

Cheers guys for the replies, very helpful.
I was stung last year camping in liwa and i was wondering what could I do if it had been more serious... it hurt a lot though. I was sitting down on a blanket and the cheeky thing stung me!!!

anyway, as ye said if i take some precautions should be ok.

cheers guys!!

keitho

Sean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sean »

hope to see you at the party fri keith.. :)