CB Radio, will you get one?

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…

How do you prefer to communicate?

Walkie Talkie
55%
CB Radio
45%

Total votes: 20

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Surfer, we need full details .. What is required to apply ... how much it will cost .... what do we need to do .. where to apply .. you can PM me with information
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

frequency license

Post by vikid »

surfer wrote:Had a quick chat with one of my friends over there, its not his field, but he has some idea about it. You have to pay for the frequency (usually the frequency is taken by org or clubs like ours) and depending on the frequency and the power you are going to transmit, you will pay.

After getting the frequency licensed to the club, you have to add CBs to it, again you have to pay per device and its annual too like the fequency.

If any more details are required, i can pm the contact of the concerned person to talk to.

the license for getting the frequency alloted is pretty expensive :( :( :(
one of my customers wanted to use the DECT wireless system in their office and TRA asked for 1/2 a million :roll: :roll:
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Re: frequency license

Post by surfer »

vikramd wrote:
surfer wrote:Had a quick chat with one of my friends over there, its not his field, but he has some idea about it. You have to pay for the frequency (usually the frequency is taken by org or clubs like ours) and depending on the frequency and the power you are going to transmit, you will pay.

After getting the frequency licensed to the club, you have to add CBs to it, again you have to pay per device and its annual too like the fequency.

If any more details are required, i can pm the contact of the concerned person to talk to.

the license for getting the frequency alloted is pretty expensive :( :( :(
one of my customers wanted to use the DECT wireless system in their office and TRA asked for 1/2 a million :roll: :roll:
With this kind of money we could buy 1000 pairs of walkie talkies. :wink:
The jeeper is back.

Ali
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ali »

I applied on October 2006 with 6 of my freinds and we are still waitting for it :evil: ,
They always says that they are working on establishing a club for it. The club main office will be
in Alshaab sports club in Sharjah and there will be branches cross the other emirates.

Today i talked to the guy in TRA and i explained our need for the device which will be used mainly in the desert and he provided two options and recommended choice #1

1-Amateur (will be fixed in the car as well)
2-Vehicle

1-Amateur Service (VHF) from 144 to 146 MHz
500 AED when the licence is ready. The Annual charges for Amateur service shall be Two Hundred (200) AED per wireless equipment payable in advance.

How to apply:
I sent a fax including my address (P.O. Box - to mail me the original letter with the equipment serial number) + passport copy (they need it) to one the "official" companies dealing with radios in Duabi (No charges and they will recerve the equipment)

ARIBA CELCOM (guy called Elyaas)
Phone:043965937
Fax:043965914
(Kenwood TM-271A) is their product for the amateur (750 to 800 AED)
instalation depends on the shop (it is easy)
Antina cost (4 db 100 AED 6 db 350 AED)
Antina mount (200 AED)
Antina cable (100 AED)

Final Aplying:
The amateur form without filling the equipment details + the original radio company letter +
passport copy can be applied to TRA (Alkhalidia road) to Mr. Saleh Al Musaabi 026118456

http://www.tra.ae/pdf/spectrum_affairs/ ... mateur.zip

Sample of the company letter:

2-Vehicle Service
(like taxi companies) approxamitly 5000 AED per CAR depends on the range
and the number of channels (both UHF and VHF can be used)

http://www.tra.ae/pdf/spectrum_affairs/ ... ehicle.zip

The article below is part of http://www.tra.ae/pdf/spectrum_affairs/ ... nglish.pdf

Article 72 of the Federal Law by Decree No.3 of 2003: A person shall be punished with imprisonment of not more than one year and a fine of not less than Dirhams 50,000 and not more than Dirhams 200,000 or either of these punishments if he:

1. provides or contributes to the provision of Telecommunication Services in violation of public order or public morals;
2. uses Telecommunication Services or Apparatus in a grossly of-fensive or nuisance manner towards others or any other unlawful use;
3. copies, discloses, or spreads the content of any communication through a Public Telecommunication Network without having the right to do so;
4. intentionally and unlawfully accesses a Telecommunication Net-work or obstructs any Telecommunication Services;
5. deliberately accesses or uses Telecommunication Services with-out authorisation or permission;
6. intercepts the contents of telephone calls without being authorised by the competent judicial authorities;
7. violates the provisions of Article (50) of this Federal Law by De-cree.

Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
P O Box 26662
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 2 6212222 Fax +971 2 6212227
www.tra.ae

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Ali, what I understood from your post that we pay 500 + the equipment cost and we get an easy approval then we have to pay 200 each year to renew the license .. Is this correct?

If this is the case .. I am in ... and I want to do it
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Ali
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ali »

Hi Boss,
The request is still pending with TRA since October 2006 and the radio company will not release the device for the customer untill the licence is issued. No payments done on both TRA (500AED) and the radio company (cost of the device) in the aplying stage.

TRA -as listed on their website- require the payment of the 500AED when aplying (none refundable if the request got rejected for any reason) but the request in TRA accepted without paying.

The charges (500) + (cost of the device) will be done the final stage. So, mainly you can aply and wait and wait and wait :evil: :? .