Intermediate=Intermediate?

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
TheNig
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by TheNig »

This is a good discussion with valid points all around. As a newly upgraded Intermediate with only two prior trips I can say that I am not interested in night drives at the moment as it adds an unnecessary complication whilst still learning how to read the terrain.

I like the suggestion of accompanying the more experienced drivers for coaching sessions; after all this is how we all learned to drive a car in the first place and it is great that many members have already given passenger rides - it says much about the spirit of this club.

We all learn by being challenged - Marshals, please keep challenging us.
Nissan Patrol 4.8, OME 2" Lift, Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip 33x12.5 Tyres, ARB Roof Rack, Safari Snorkel, K&N Air Filter, Garmin 276c, IPF Lights (Lots) - sometimes for me to see where I'm going, mostly to tell others I'm coming!!

ppnath
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ppnath »

khaiwi wrote:
Mac wrote: I accompanied Doc as a passenger on a night drive 3 weeks ago and learned an awful lot from him, perhaps we should recommend this? Accompanied Marshal training trips.
I fully agree that one of the best ways to learn is to be a passenger with an experienced driver/marshal for one hour or so the marshal should be informing his co-pilot about each and every step he does, the way he reads the sand dunes, how to select your track, how far you should push your 4x4, when to keep pushin and when to bak off etc etc.... and then drive your 4x4 taking the same track while the marshal will be your co-pilot.

Such teaching/coaching trips for all levels will come soon.
Khaiwi

Appreciated your Inputs. Such as teaching and coaching must helpful for the members their next level of driving. Please you all Marshals and Experts consider this kind of education in this summer time would be advantage for next season (after summer) offroad driving. In my experiance ( I had a night drive first time "Episod V" with Diver as passenger, learn not easy, and needed Co-pilot experiance before take part of night drive.)

Looking forward your action as soon as posible.

TheNig
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by TheNig »

ppnath

The onus should be on us, the inexperienced, to ask for this type of coaching. It is good that so many of the marshals and more experienced guys willingly accept requests when they are made but I think it would quickly become an imposition in a voluntary club to have the action placed on the marshals to take the less experienced in hand. Those who would like to take advantage have only to ask and as we have seen in these threads there has never been a shortage of volunteers.
Nissan Patrol 4.8, OME 2" Lift, Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip 33x12.5 Tyres, ARB Roof Rack, Safari Snorkel, K&N Air Filter, Garmin 276c, IPF Lights (Lots) - sometimes for me to see where I'm going, mostly to tell others I'm coming!!

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

TheNig wrote:ppnath

The onus should be on us, the inexperienced, to ask for this type of coaching. It is good that so many of the marshals and more experienced guys willingly accept requests when they are made but I think it would quickly become an imposition in a voluntary club to have the action placed on the marshals to take the less experienced in hand. Those who would like to take advantage have only to ask and as we have seen in these threads there has never been a shortage of volunteers.
just like to add that as Marshals it is our job and delight to help others experience off roading and get to a level that they are comfortable with, it's not a chore it's the love of all things off roading, so any thing that any of you need just ask.. :D
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

Doc wrote:
TheNig wrote:ppnath

just like to add that as Marshals it is our job and delight to help others experience off roading and get to a level that they are comfortable with, it's not a chore it's the love of all things off roading, so any thing that any of you need just ask.. :D
Hi Doc,

I appreciate your thoughts. :D
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

Cybershot
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Cybershot »

Hey Guys

Puuuhh..... Yesterday i wasn't sure where this tread will run to.
Thanks for being fair, no stupid jokes and keep the topic. I appreciate this.
A lot of good ideas came up, like to watch the next grade as a co-pilot first ......and so on. I think it is/was the right time to talk about the difficulty at this level. I learned a lot out of the night drive and your coments here.

Tobias

ppnath
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ppnath »

just like to add that as Marshals it is our job and delight to help others experience off roading and get to a level that they are comfortable with, it's not a chore it's the love of all things off roading, so any thing that any of you need just ask.. :D[/quote]

Thank U very much Doc your support extend to all members to learn, the love of all things off roading.

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

suggestion -

could you look at introducing levels in intermediate..?
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"