To A/C or not to A/C

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

H3 wrote:Mozi. In view of the sand ingress (on your'e H3) I witnessed at Liberty, I would strongly recommend keeping the windows up during your off road trips and keep the A/C on recycle.

It will not eradicate the problem but will help :)
Yeah I know, unless I want to shell out God knows how much money for a cleaning every now and then. ALl my buttons were screwed, even the seats! I hate electronics :)

Best

Mozi

Blackchallenge
Advanced
Advanced

A/C Essential

Post by Blackchallenge »

It is important for me cause I really hate sands in eyes and ears :( and also my car
Only Jeep Can Do It

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Then your car will suffer from overheat, you cannot hear whats happening outside if some one is calling u, also engine power reduction when u need it, then u can enjoy the A/C
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

ppnath
Advanced
Advanced

Re: A/C Essential

Post by ppnath »

Blackchallenge wrote:It is important for me cause I really hate sands in eyes and ears :( and also my car
Do not hate sands Blackchallenge :o :o

Without sand, no dunes, desert... :) :)

Without desert, no Fun. :) :) have your fun with sand, take your bath with water.
just kidding

H3

Post by H3 »

Bulldozer wrote:Then your car will suffer from overheat, you cannot hear whats happening outside if some one is calling u, also engine power reduction when u need it, then u can enjoy the A/C
Mozi maybe this is the case with "other vehicles" :lol: however last summer I did a test run with a guy from GM. 11AM till 5PM on a hot 55C July day both H3's using the A/C varied desert terrain, say Inermediat/Tough and although the temperature gauge climbed to around 3/4 the engine was in no danger of overheating.

However I do agree there is a significant power loss, so only switch it off when you think you need the extra grunt, like say a long dune climb or some deep tricky stuff.
I also agree with having the windows open to "hear" whats going on with the car and others around you, but that said we have radios for comms.

It's up to you mate, keep em rolled down and bear the costly expense of having the car "de-sanded" when everything jams up or keep em up and cruise around relatively sand free and keep cool in the process. :wink:

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

H3 wrote:
Bulldozer wrote:Then your car will suffer from overheat, you cannot hear whats happening outside if some one is calling u, also engine power reduction when u need it, then u can enjoy the A/C
Mozi maybe this is the case with "other vehicles" :lol: however last summer I did a test run with a guy from GM. 11AM till 5PM on a hot 55C July day both H3's using the A/C varied desert terrain, say Inermediat/Tough and although the temperature gauge climbed to around 3/4 the engine was in no danger of overheating.

However I do agree there is a significant power loss, so only switch it off when you think you need the extra grunt, like say a long dune climb or some deep tricky stuff.
I also agree with having the windows open to "hear" whats going on with the car and others around you, but that said we have radios for comms.

It's up to you mate, keep em rolled down and bear the costly expense of having the car "de-sanded" when everything jams up or keep em up and cruise around relatively sand free and keep cool in the process. :wink:
Yeah, and for the need of power, that wont be an issue when I get my H3 Alpha end of this year :twisted:

Mozi

H3

Post by H3 »

Yeah, and for the need of power, that wont be an issue when I get my H3 Alpha end of this year :twisted:

Mozi[/quote]

Hehehe, yep the V8 Alpha, 5.7 - 295BHP 8O . One thing where have you heard they will be here at the end of the year? Aaaand has your source heard anything on ME pricing, as its wearing an "Alpha" badge I'm betting you wont get a lot of change out of AED170K.

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

H3 wrote:Yeah, and for the need of power, that wont be an issue when I get my H3 Alpha end of this year :twisted:

Mozi
Hehehe, yep the V8 Alpha, 5.7 - 295BHP 8O . One thing where have you heard they will be here at the end of the year? Aaaand has your source heard anything on ME pricing, as its wearing an "Alpha" badge I'm betting you wont get a lot of change out of AED170K.[/quote]

Source: Diaa at Liberty. No price indication. 170, 130, 140, getting shafted anyway, but over 5 years ;)

Mozi