Land Cruiser Rollover!

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Land Cruiser Rollover!

Post by MegaMoe »

How to roll a land cruiser! :x this is why always safty and grading of the trip/driver is must.

http://7days.ae/cj2_video.php?id=27
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

TheNig
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by TheNig »

Image What was he trying to do? Looks like he was turning to run along the crest?
Nissan Patrol 4.8, OME 2" Lift, Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip 33x12.5 Tyres, ARB Roof Rack, Safari Snorkel, K&N Air Filter, Garmin 276c, IPF Lights (Lots) - sometimes for me to see where I'm going, mostly to tell others I'm coming!!

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

i don’t think he knew what he was doing himself. that was the most stupidest thing i ever seen some do by far

Lionbar

Post by Lionbar »

What a complete idiot. Not only does he do such a stupid manouver but once the car comes to a standstill he lets himself out and wanders off, no consideration for what he put his passengers thru nor checking for injuries.
It really goes to show what kind of people these safari tours 'rent' to drive & thrill (throw around) their valued customers. Many of them are college students that have a 4x4 (no restrictions & no formal testing), just a truck and a full tank of fuel.
Even the largest and more reputible organisations use these guys "during high demand seasons".whatever u do dont send friends or loved ones with them.

On the subject of rolling, does anyone know where we can get one fitted and the apporx cost.

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

Lionbar wrote:What a complete idiot. Not only does he do such a stupid manouver but once the car comes to a standstill he lets himself out and wanders off, no consideration for what he put his passengers thru nor checking for injuries.
It really goes to show what kind of people these safari tours 'rent' to drive & thrill (throw around) their valued customers. Many of them are college students that have a 4x4 (no restrictions & no formal testing), just a truck and a full tank of fuel.
Even the largest and more reputible organisations use these guys "during high demand seasons".whatever u do dont send friends or loved ones with them.

On the subject of rolling, does anyone know where we can get one fitted and the apporx cost.
I agree! the guy is trying to escape the scene.....
must have been an illegal tour ..
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

STUPID
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Regardless to the stupid behaviour of the driver aftre the rollover. I have reviewed the clip several times tryin to analyse the rollover, so here is my 2 fils comments:

1- Absolute mistake of driver that he could have escaped the rollover, but he pushed it to a roll.
2- Manouvering a fully loaded vehicle as if its empty, the overall weight and distribution of weight plays a major role in the vehicle's behaviour.
3- Never ever try to push hard against the directional force.
4- Use the right power at the right spot.

The driver should have turned the steering right and follow the gravitational force rather than pushin against it and end up in what you saw.

Anyhow, lookin at the bright side of the story. I would like to thank them for givin us this educational material to discuss and learn form their mistakes.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Lionbar, The only one I would feel safe with is Emil. Give him a call or send him a PM
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

khaiwi wrote:Regardless to the stupid behaviour of the driver aftre the rollover. I have reviewed the clip several times tryin to analyse the rollover, so here is my 2 fils comments:

1- Absolute mistake of driver that he could have escaped the rollover, but he pushed it to a roll.
2- Manouvering a fully loaded vehicle as if its empty, the overall weight and distribution of weight plays a major role in the vehicle's behaviour.
3- Never ever try to push hard against the directional force.
4- Use the right power at the right spot.

The driver should have turned the steering right and follow the gravitational force rather than pushin against it and end up in what you saw.

Anyhow, lookin at the bright side of the story. I would like to thank them for givin us this educational material to discuss and learn form their mistakes.
Thanks for this very knowlegible anaylis.
This clips demostrate and as you said can be used as a lesson learnt video.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Most welcome Mpenzi,

We are all here to share our experiences for the best of our club.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

What i see in this Video:

1. The situation looks not that dangerous at the beginning and developes very sudden to a roll over.
That tells me to be always carefull, even when the dune is small only and everything looks easy going.

2. The driver made a big mistake by not to steer to the right ( as khaiwi mentioned ) before the car started to get rolling.

3. After the rollover the driver went away without looking at the passengers ( either he do not care about them or he was under shock ).

So far i can see all passengers came out unharmed hopefully. This means they probably where belted.

Still i see people at our trips not be belted all the time. I think we MUST take more care about such things and raise the awareness.
Image <br><br>Image<br>