JEEP JK TORNADO KIT WHEEL NUTS

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

JEEP JK TORNADO KIT WHEEL NUTS

Post by waqmaster »

For those who have the Jeep JK Tornado Kit, please make sure you have the correct spanner for your wheel nuts.

I understand the stock spanner does not fit the Torando Kit Wheel Nuts.

Also please also make sure you have the security nut.

This is for cases were you have to change your tyres in the desert.

Be Safe.

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: JEEP JK TORNADO KIT WHEEL NUTS

Post by Fox »

Actually, the spanner supplied as standard, has too much outer diameter. If it does not fit,
go to the agency and have it turned off, that is, cut a little layer off to make it thinner.
They can nicely repaint it in black afterwards, although that is not important, the paint
will come off anyway after a few usages.

Also check whether the jack extends high enough to lift your Jeep. If not, get a board
thick enough to add height. The highlift board will do in case you have one.

Try the locking nut and all the above out on a quiet flat parking space before going
to the desert and finding out it is too late.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you Waqar for the reminder.

In fact this is true for several other aftermarket wheels where you need a thinner socket.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Serge
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Serge »

khaiwi wrote:Thank you Waqar for the reminder.

In fact this is true for several other aftermarket wheels where you need a thinner socket.

Changed all lug nuts, as stock JK, use some china crap with aluminium cap on top, that will be de-formed after few times its removed.

Now the size is 21 instead of 19mm. So just keeping sent of sockets in the Jeep. As 4-way spanner from Ace does not fit with my rims :(

Also when you get wheels back after service or balancing, make sure to manually tight them, preferably with torque wrench. I remember removing wheel from Jimny, with help of 2 more guys... took me aprox 40 min for that task.

Thanks for reminder Waq!
Serge
Mobile: 055 222 71 70
Other Hobby: HAM Radio - A65BU

Juergen
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Juergen »

Serge wrote:Changed all lug nuts, as stock JK, use some china crap with aluminium cap on top, that will be de-formed after few times its removed.
Very important! I remember two cases, where the aluminium cap broke. One managed to reach home by inflating every once in a while. The second guy kept on driving until the tyre was completely broke. Both could not remove the nut. If the cap can be removed, you need 18" nut, that usually is not available.
Where there's a will, there's a way. - The journey is the reward. - Proud to be AD4x4 Marshall!