Urgent Notice

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
kastrato
Advanced
Advanced

Urgent Notice

Post by kastrato »

Fellow off roaders,

This to warn you that on the catch road next to Sweihan there is a big danger waiting as the recent winds have remove part of the catch road and replace them with very tricky and soft sand.
On yesterday's trip to Sweihan on the way back to Khatim from the catch road I ended very near the wall on the left of the catch road because the road suddenly disappear from in front of me.
A very complicated rescue was took place from Grizzly which also end up in a very tricky position on his effort to rescue me
In the end everything was good but everybody should take extra care when crossing this point.
I will try to give coordinates in a later stage when I manage to recover them from my GPS.
If anybody who was involved in the trip has them handy please uploaded them on this post please so people know exactly the point and avoid any potential accident.
Thanks in advance
George aka Kastrato
Its all Greek to me......
_____
OIIIIIO

Why a WHITE Jeep? Because you can't go GREEN with 27l/100km

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: Urgent Notice

Post by Fox »

Thank you very much Kastrato !

Grizzly
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Grizzly »

kastrato wrote:Fellow off roaders,

This to warn you that on the catch road next to Sweihan there is a big danger waiting as the recent winds have remove part of the catch road and replace them with very tricky and soft sand.
On yesterday's trip to Sweihan on the way back to Khatim from the catch road I ended very near the wall on the left of the catch road because the road suddenly disappear from in front of me.
A very complicated rescue was took place from Grizzly which also end up in a very tricky position on his effort to rescue me
In the end everything was good but everybody should take extra care when crossing this point.
I will try to give coordinates in a later stage when I manage to recover them from my GPS.
If anybody who was involved in the trip has them handy please uploaded them on this post please so people know exactly the point and avoid any potential accident.
Thanks in advance
George aka Kastrato
Very soft sand please when driving on the catsh road always avoid driving close to the wall because you car will easily slip toward the wall and u will und up in a very tricky situation
FJCRUISER
"STRAIGHT ROADS DO NOT MAKE SKILLFUL DRIVERS"

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Urgent Notice

Post by scotchyl »

Totally agreed. To give you an idea heading from sweihan towards Khatim the track is normal then there is a large mound of sand which looks flat but when you go over it, the sand is soooo soft the car will slide towards the wall. Next to the wall is a drop of 1/2 metre meaning if you slide the car will end leaning towards the wall. A very safe recovery of both cars but I hope we have a picture to help explain how tricky dangerous this can be. Also the fence which desertdawg had posted has been cut but on this corner be careful as a night you won't see it. All leaders please make sure you have the co ordinates in case the fence is repaired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Snappy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Snappy »

Thanks for the information!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Mob: 0552899973

Current Wheels:

JKU Sahara 2014, 2.5" Mopar lift with Fox shocks, 1.18" wheel spacers, Sumo Springs Bump stops front and back, 285 x 70 x 17 Cooper AT3 tyres, 10th Anniversary Rubicon front bumper, truck lite LED head lights, LED spots and light bar, reinforced front Axle, AEV (Original!) Tyre carrier with 39l jerry can, Bestop Trex Top NX, mounted ARB single compressor and adorned with my lovely Warn 9.5CTi winch !

[/u][/color]

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

Please note that the co ordinates of this area are as follows:

N24 20.605
E055 13.986

Please can all leaders put this as a waypoint in their GPS for future trips and take car when approaching the area. At night time, it is obviously more critical.

Regards.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Urgent Notice

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Thanks Andy and George and Hani for this information.

Mosalf 0566161157
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Fox »

Thanks a lot, coordinates will be stored in my GPS tonight.