To all new members

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Sukilala

Re: The site should be more beginner friendly

Post by Sukilala »

Vince wrote:As a new member (I registerad one hour ago), I can understand why many new members just go away after registration. The reason is that it is very difficult to find information for beginners.

There should be a menu on the brown line up there that could be like "information for beginners" or "beginners' guide".
I took me one hour of reading tons of text to understand there are trips every two weeks for beginners. I still don't know when next trip is. Perhaps it will take me one more hour to find out when next trip is and another hour to register.

This is really discouraging for beginners. I guess members with experience can't understand that because there are used to the site and know where to find things immediately. It is difficult for them to understand how this site seems complicated for beginners.

By the way, if any of you can tell me when is next trip for a total beginner who knows nothing about desert driving but is eager to learn, I would be very grateful.

best bet to find most things in in the home page , it has all the links for you to know what its required

Regards,
Vincent

newbie trips every 2 weeks so that makes a new one next week,
go to forum and then down to newbie trips for this or look under calander
once you get the hang of the site it will be a breeze
also go to chit chat and introduce urself
there are many people who will help you
so just ask and u will get a lot of help
all the best

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Vince,
it is easy, everything you need is on the main home page. Scroll down and go through the forums for new members, ( Our newcomers walkthrough guide)which are full of advice & there for all to read.
Also read this post. http://www.ad4x4.com/modules.php?name=F ... pic&t=2067
Any thing else, please free to ask.
Always check out the newbie trips forum.
Mac
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Vince,

Welcome to the club and the family ..

First read the main page before complaining, you manage to find your way through to write that long complain ..

All the trips announcements are already in the trip calender .. A walk through guide is already on the main page .. Every Forum has it's own description and once you click on the forum, you will find detailed announcement about it .. where else you want us to put the information?

You can contact any of us if you need further clarification
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

faragallah
Advanced
Advanced

Post by faragallah »

Hey Guys, good day to all of you.

I am Ahmed, new member in AD4x4. Actually, I adore offroading but, i've never done it before (i mean with my own car), and i'd like to join one of your newbees trips - if you're doing one soon. I heard about you a lot, and how friendly all the members are, which encouraged me to speak LOUD and say, I WANNA START :D
So, i hope i hear from u soon.

Thanks

N.B. My mobile number is 050 854 5574 (just in case) :-)

Karkar
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Karkar »

hello Ahmed and welcome to the family

Kindly introduce yourself through the following link

http://www.ad4x4.com/modules.php?name=F ... highlight=

have fun dude

Ahmed H. Karkar
Hated by many , Loved by few , Respected by all
Salute & Hats off for the ruff off-roaders

TJ 2002 Lightly Modified :mrgreen:
JK 2014 that wanna be a 10th anniversary rubicon :twisted:
No More Cats , Dogs or Birds ....... I have a wife and a kid now :roll:

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Welcome to the club Ahmad, U ll enjoy it for sure just follow the link to the newBies forum & register in the next trip the trip leader will send u SMS where & when the meeting point also u can call him to get the details of what to bring with u
http://www.ad4x4.com/modules.php?name=F ... wforum&f=2
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

welcome to ad4x4 Ahmad
:ad4x4:

Wasabi

Rajesh

Great n encouraging welcome note..

Post by Rajesh »

Chairman,
Your welcome note exactly depicts a newbies status (bought a new car, have enough space for shopping, saw a ad4x4 sticker, curious to join etc) as mine..Yes , i am a newbie here just a couple of months back bought a new pajero. Though not interested (right now!) to be a great 4x4 player, but like to see that part of life and enjoyment..happy to have joined with this great group..like to meet you all in the forthcoming trips to have all as unfogottable friends of my life.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Welcome to the club Rajesh, and I am sure that you will enjoy your Pajero more now ... Join our next trip and have an experience that you will never forget or even stop

Zero_adam

my first trip

Post by Zero_adam »

Dear All

I am Ali Aljunaibi, I am a professional photographer just joined the AD4x4 Few months ago, I have been to the desert many times some of them was with the fundrive arranged by Gulf News, yes I got stuck in some of them but I fined myself good at off reading, I loved the last newbie trip on the 19th of Dec and I am going in the 26th one, guys your trips is very safe and full of fun which I fail in love with.
Thank you to everyone arranging this trips and hope to get to the advanced level with you guys.

Ali

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

I think i can speak for everybody when I say, you are most welcome prado09. This club is all about safety, family values and just plain old good fun. I also love the safety factor more than anything in the club, because lets face it. Even the most dangerous sporting adventures have to be safe.
Take care all newbies and keep on truckin :jeep:
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

rax282

Hello everyone

Post by rax282 »

I just wanted to say hello to the club, my name is Shawn.

I have just bought a Hummer H3T V8 for offroading, the wheelbase is alittle long but I hope it will do fine. The only aftermarket mods I have done so far are BF Goodrich AT tires.

I am from the US and have 2 roadrace cars there and know nothing about offroading but I want to learn all I can and know enough to know that I must do this with a group of experienced people.

I am a pilot and have a very unpredictable schedule but I want to attend as many trips as I can.

Does anyone else have a H3V8, if so how does it perform?
Thanks
Shawn
Last edited by rax282 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Welcome to the club Rax .. you are the first V8 Hummer, but the H3s normally perform well, so I think your car will be great

rax282

Gear

Post by rax282 »

I see that most people are going to ACE for Tow Straps and air compressors and general gear, is that correct?
I know of the ACE by Festival City is that the one to go to?
In the US ACE is just a basic home hardware store so I would have never guessed to look for offroad equipment there.
Shawn

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

ACE is good for recovery stuff, also try ARB in Mussafah. There is so many posts on here regarding this subject though shawn, take a few minutes to browse through, you will always find a usefull little gem for yourself.

Welcome to the family mate.

Tony.
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}