To all new members

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Re: To all new members

Post by mamoun »

Ianc wrote:Hi All,

My name is Ian, I've just joined, and I'm looking forward to taking part in some trips very soon. I've been in Abu Dhabi for a long time, and never really did any off-roading. I'm very interested in hiking/trekking, and decided to trade in my saloon car for a Jeep (Wrangler - which I'm in the process of buying), so that I can get to some of the good places! Then a friend recommended joining you guys to learn properly how to drive it!

I will be coming on the first ANIT trip that I can. I'm not sure how soon you can take a brand new car out into the desert, though. Anyone have any advice on that? Anyway, after reading about some of the trips and comments here, and seeing the camaraderie you guys have, I think I've definitely found the right place to learn and to have fun. See you all soon.

welcome to the best club ever for your new car if you have done your 1st service (1000km)then it would be fine, I have done that toke my car to desert just after the 1st service
+971509988737
Stock JKU

Ianc

Post by Ianc »

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try to get some long drives in once I get my new car, to reach that first service.

Tillybean - yes, it would be great to come along as a passenger in the meantime, if you have any trips coming up.

Ian

Sultann

Post by Sultann »

Hi all, new member here in need of some advice and hopefully join in on the fun in the near future. I've been offroading for a little over a year now. met up with someone from the defender forum and after a couple of trips been in the desert almost every single weekend. I had a 2011 Land Rover Defender 90 but after lots of mechanical problems traded it in for a 110 which I've had for a month and just 10 days ago had a little mishap in the dunes... Now i'm in need of a new 4x4 and any advice is welcome. Have been looking for something that can be a good daily drive and be able to pull a horse box without trouble and fit 3 dogs in the boot :D been thinking of the nissan patrol as the previous model is still being manufactured and the 4800 engine has been put into the new 3 door model. My preference would be to get the short wheel base with a manual gear box but would like to know of pros and cons between the longer and shorter wheelbase and between manual and auto box as well and what mods should be considered. Shame difflock only comes in the fulloption as other than that the rest of the options aren't necessary to me. Anyway enough chatter from me. looking forward to being part of this community and hoping to be back in the dunes soon.

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

@ Sultan:
Simple equation, since you already solved the dilemma of the major brand and you chose Nissan, then will not bother you with other brands.

If you have family, 3 dogs, want a comfortable car onroad and capable car offroad with reasonable price and require very few mods, then go for the Xterra offroad edition, the difflock comes as standard in it, mods required, for newbie level, none; but for more, may be a lift kit, at advanced levels, you will need to have a proper skid plate to protect your radiator and you can forget about the bumper, or replace it with a metal one.

If you are just a couple, check the space in the patrol for the 3 dogs (don't know what size they are), and go for the short wheel base one, get the one with the difflock, as it's a useful peace of tech that is worth the value, definitely the v-tec is a good option, but i would go for auto trans to enjoy driving more (just me); mods, same as the Xterra, except the bumper, which you don't need to replace really, it's ugly anyway, damaged or not ;)

You will see the price difference, about 40-50 k between the 2 cars, your choice which one you fancy

just my 2 fils

p.s. the writer takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the info mentioned above and no liability for any safety issues of the 3 dogs :mrgreen:
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

bijupaulmcd

Post by bijupaulmcd »

Hi all,
My name is Biju, joined recently in the club. Looking forward to take part in offroad trips very soon. I am in Sharjah and have a Prado 4L bought recently. Never been off-road drive except for Toyota SUV event basic offroad training... Looking forward my first ANIT trip

Regards,
Biju
Biju Paul
050-4567688
Toyota Prado 2011

nigel123
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by nigel123 »

Hi we got our Jeep (Unlimited Sahara) earlier this year with the intention of joining trips, unfortunately then I was diagnosed with Leukemia and unable to do any thing strenuous.

I have now been told the cancer is in remission but will still not join a trip into the desert although we would love too as I believe that to drive in this terrain you have to have a certain level of fitness which I do not have at the moment, but getting stronger every day, as soon as I feel I can dig my car out and fix a snatch strap without too much effort we will be there.

At the moment we are making do with a few gentle lone excursions into Wadi's which we are enjoying, but would be good to join a convoy and really experience the Emirates with like minded people. 8-)

Until then.

Nigel

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

@bijupaulmcd: Hi Biju and welcome to the club, we have a very active and increasing in size Dubai and Northern Emirates division, I am sure you will enjoy it with us, and great time for you and the family.
p.s. sorry for the late reply, but better be late than never ;)

@nigel123: Dear Nigel, Love your fighting spirit, that's what's required, and happy to hear you are getting better and stronger, keep it safe, and we will be always here, welcoming you in our trips.
Hope to hear good news from you always.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

Welcome to the club guys!!!!

Nigel 123, love your spirit :okk: My father was detected as well couple of years ago (4) with Leukemia, he was a fighter like you ;) he is now absolutely fine and gives to much trouble to my mom :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hope to see you soon , we can arrange an easy family trip or you can even be my copilot when ever you feel like!

once again, :welcome1:
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Welcome to the Club. Hope to see everyone in the sand soon.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

nigel123
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by nigel123 »

Thank you Wasabi,
I am glad your father has recovered, the problem with me at the moment is I am physically drained, thats a kind offer for copilot I might well take you up on that, hopefully I will be strong enough in another month to do a newbie run and move on from there. I have just started giving my wife trouble as well (got 7 months to catch up on). The easy family trip sounds good as well.

Nigel

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Welcome to the club Nigel .. I love your spirit man .. Hope you will recover soon .. In the meantime, you are most welcome to join any of our easy trips ... Or wait till the weather gets better and join on eof our party trips ... This will be a very easy trip and will give you a feeling of the desert as well
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

nigel123 wrote:Hi we got our Jeep (Unlimited Sahara) earlier this year with the intention of joining trips, unfortunately then I was diagnosed with Leukemia and unable to do any thing strenuous.

I have now been told the cancer is in remission but will still not join a trip into the desert although we would love too as I believe that to drive in this terrain you have to have a certain level of fitness which I do not have at the moment, but getting stronger every day, as soon as I feel I can dig my car out and fix a snatch strap without too much effort we will be there.

At the moment we are making do with a few gentle lone excursions into Wadi's which we are enjoying, but would be good to join a convoy and really experience the Emirates with like minded people. 8-)

Until then.

Nigel
Wish you quick recovery man.... You are welcome at anytime to join our trips... You can join the trip and leave digging your car out and snatch fixing on me.. No worries..

Hope to see you out there... :mrgreen:

The_Kraken
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by The_Kraken »

Hi, New member here... I have been off roading lots of times before but would very much like to get stuck into some trips! When is the next meeting to upgrade to Newbie so that I can start going on trips and gain some levels so I can go on the bigger trips??

I would like to do it as soon as possible.... :P
THE KRAKEN - +971529115666
Jeep Wrangler 2012
Stage 3+ Clutch upgrade
aFe Power MagnumFORCE Stage-2 PRO 5R Intake System
aFe MACH Force XP Exhaust System
TeraFlex 2.5" Lift
TeraFlex Front Drive Shaft
Cooper ST MAXX Tyres
GT wheels

Trips:
ANIT - 2 Briefing Done and first star achieved :-)
Newbie - 8 Second star Achieved :-)
Intermediate - 1

nigel123
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by nigel123 »

Thanks for all your positive responses, Gladiator thanks for the kind offer of help, I would like to go on a party trip at first just to test the water as it is a whole new experience driving in the desert, look forward to seeing you all soon.

Nigel

fadi_s_salamah

Post by fadi_s_salamah »

hi there,

thnx for your welcome, im little confused witht site and nt sure where i can find trips in dubai.. can you be so nice and guide me ?

Leo