Welding fun and inquiry again

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Christopher
Intermediate
Intermediate

Welding fun and inquiry again

Post by Christopher »

Ok guys since nobody is posting much right now, this time i really need your inputs and ideas for this one...

its been almost two months now since i last went out to the desert, main reason is because of this problem...

as what some of you might have known already, I have managed to destroy my two sets of tow points in the front bumper of my wrangler

the other side needs to be rebored and the bolt underneath the eye welded.. .

and for the other side is ripped open, as i have poorly illustrated below, this is the top view of the wrangler..

Image[/img]

1 idea i have is to weld a new plate on top of this damage and make a new whole, i could be wrong though..

Mr. Oligofriend... your input would really help... :D

thanks in advance to all of you...

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

you sir , should've called me when i was back in Dubai and we could've sorted out that lil problem in a couple of hours... :wink:

saw u driving by on emirates road a couple of days before i left. car's looking good .heard you're finally getting that 2" BB ?

konradh

Post by konradh »

Hey man! You could reinforce it by welding metal plates on the top and at the bottom, but make sure the plates are of good quality like cast iron which doesn't bend only if heated up and then weld 2 plates, one on the top and the bottom, it should be strong enough. Or dude, crash the Jeep and get a new front bumper!

oligofriend
Advanced
Advanced

Post by oligofriend »

hey dude i left some information on my topic.
feel free to contact man.
my lovely unbeatable old lady (patrol 1992).....LAND CRUISER KILLER!!!

Christopher
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Christopher »

thanks for the reply guys...

@konrad ... yeah thats the idea i had too... which i think is the only possible way... did you get your K& N filter sorted out?

@kris ... you should have beeped or crashed into me sir, would have been great to see your YJ ... did you deflate the ford yet? :D 8O

@ oligofried .. yeah man, i might give you a call after the holidays.. .

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

hehe...i was in my dad's nissan...plus how wierd would it have been...some freak you've never met in person , waving at u while going down emirates road...in a nissan patrol...
you've heard that story abt the 2 guys out in the middle of nowhere overtaking each other and then pullin over ? forgot who told that story.. :lol:

Try getting some pics of the actual damage.

Im getting real close to deflating the ford...going onto some grass..doing donuts...kinda hard with front wheel drive! Used to work as a driver for a pharmacy...seat arosa with a 1 litre diesel engine...fastest car in the worlllld if u knew how to drive it :wink: i loved the handbrake on that car...never used the footbrake i think! tires were blad..great fun..jumping over speed bumps..lifting off with all 4tires..front bumper crashing into the asphalt...

see how easy it is to keep me happy...give me ANYTHING with wheels! :twisted:

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Hey Kris, take care, this pharmecy owner might see your comment over here and now he will know what happened to his car. :lol: :lol: Man I suppose you F***d everythin in it.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

hehe , we were a team of 3 guys working in shifts..it could've been any one of us! :D

best was when it rained and u were done with your rounds early...take a path through the woods...rallllly style...then u get back on the road and the rain washes the dirt off...submerged that car in huge puddles of water..great fun...
not like that car was EVER washed anyway...so it didnt make a difference!

i drove the car hard...real hard...but never harmed it...except those couple of jumps... :lol:

i cant intentionally harm a car... i jst enjoy playing! :twisted:

i went on holiday..and didnt get asked to come back to work when i got back...hehe...OoOpS! :wink: