NEW CAMPING SEASON 2007/2008

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

i just cant wait, the LR may be gone, but for the lighter trips Hatta etc. we can use the wifes SUV, :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Doc on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Doc wrote:i just cant wait, the LR may be gone, but for the lighter trips Hatta etc. we can use the wifes SUV, contra to popular belief the mountain trips in general are off roading and do require a 4x4 vehicle with good clearance and high / low range select ability Sorry Kiwi, we all enjoy the sand as well but off roading is not limited to Sand alone! :D an experienced off road driver is the one who can take a 4x4 across any type of terrain be it rocks, sand, mud, through water, through forest, through desert, no offense intended.
What happened to LR??
Now I understand all the status qoue
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Mpenzi, Sold it, time for something different

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Doc wrote:i just cant wait, the LR may be gone, but for the lighter trips Hatta etc. we can use the wifes SUV, contra to popular belief the mountain trips in general are off roading and do require a 4x4 vehicle with good clearance and high / low range select ability Sorry Kiwi, we all enjoy the sand as well but off roading is not limited to Sand alone! :D an experienced off road driver is the one who can take a 4x4 across any type of terrain be it rocks, sand, mud, through water, through forest, through desert, no offense intended.
No problems DOC, I understand that and it's nothing unexpected. I didn't say its limited to sand though hehehehehe, other "OFFROAD" terrains are well respected and require equal amount of care and expertese. :D :D My comment was different. :wink: :wink:

Look forward to see you with your new ride...
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Thanks for understanding Khaiwi, you'll note that after i posted it i read it again and decided rather than cause any offense or a massive blog of what is off roading i would delete it but it was too late, you and Mpenzi are too quick for me! :D :D :D :D :D :D

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

We (Mpenzi, DOC, etc) are the club marshals and are supposed to be the most understanding, mature and coolest guys around....We carry the club image..... I fully respect your opinion guys....no offence whats so ever.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Likewise here man. Are we hijacking here or what?????? hheheheheh

We need to fid Doc a new ride???

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Tutan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tutan »

I too look forward to the camping trips, now i have a new tent that doesnt feel quite like a coffin and i can sleep in the middle of it (there is a story there i will tell one day) then i am happy to try my hand at new adventures.

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

I,m just looking forward to unfurling my new pop up tent in 5 seconds. But if anyone laughs when I try and put it back in the bag :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Camping again :evil: :evil: :evil: Wake up early morning with little sleep, kids crying, the wife wants a toilet and the car is full of camping gear :evil: :evil: But I still love it and waiting for it ... I just remembers how we were enjoying last year .. Get ready guys and girls, the season is coming
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

sermed

Post by sermed »

Cont me & my family in for all the camping trips...........Love them & enjoy them with all the hassel of toilet....kids screaming..what ever...when are we doing the next camping trip
No Road..............No Problem

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

sermed
All posted up in our trip plan.
Happy camping.

jeepuae
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by jeepuae »

It sounds like it going to busy agenda for campings :?

looking forward to attend one of coming camping trip, but I have a question since it is my first experience to camp , what is the needed gear and equipments for successful & comfortable camping ?

It going to be good help if any one can suggest where & for how much can we get such items.

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

jeepuae wrote:It sounds like it going to busy agenda for campings :?

looking forward to attend one of coming camping trip, but I have a question since it is my first experience to camp , what is the needed gear and equipments for successful & comfortable camping ?

It going to be good help if any one can suggest where & for how much can we get such items.
In addition to the required offroading gear, you will also need the following:

Tent
Inflatable metrices
Sleeping bags or blankets
Light lamp
Chairs
small table
Hummer
small water tank
Cooler
Garbage bags
BBQ set
First aid set.

All this you can find in Carrefoure & Ace Hardware.
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek: