Newbie Trip Gear

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
funkcanna
Intermediate
Intermediate

Newbie Trip Gear

Post by funkcanna »

Hi all, I've tried searching for this but can't find anything specific to the newbie trips.

Im just wondering what gear is an absolute must for the newbie trips?
2014 Raptor SVT 6.2L V8

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Newbie Trip Gear

Post by scotchyl »

Afternoon.

On newbie drives there are only a couple if items we recommend.
Flag pole and flag
Deflator
Compressor and radio are good but not compulsory)

What I would say is to get to intermediate you will need all the items slated in the logbook.
Arb for the deflator and either a fishing rod or if you have the right vehicle you could use arb flag pole.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Thom
Advanced
Advanced

Newbie Trip Gear

Post by Thom »

I agree with Scotchyl regarding the minimum advised gear. Getting the right and good quality gear is important and the newbie level is a good time to observe what others have got, what works well and not so well. With regards to flag, my advice is to try and get yourself sorted with a fishing rod at first. I've seen them tied to spare wheels, stuck through rear windows, on suction clamps, etc. With time you can decide where to mount on a more permanent basis. My F150 is very happy with the fishing rod with suction cup mounted on the rear screen and I very rarely have issues with it( not once in the last 150km off road).

It should therefore work well on your Raptor. ;)

JK 2012 - "White Rhino"
F150 FX4 2014 - "Canis Majoris"
FB - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005220737029

funkcanna
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Newbie Trip Gear

Post by funkcanna »

Thanks! Yeah I was wondering where to mount a flagpole! I was thinking the trailer hitch but not sure if it would work!

I have pretty much everything except flag and jack (no idea how to mount a hilift jack to my truck!)

Looking forward to the next newbie trip!
2014 Raptor SVT 6.2L V8