Jeep Unlimited

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
DaddyBear

Jeep Unlimited

Post by DaddyBear »

Hey All, any thoughts on the Jeep Unlimted?

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

i personally dont like it because of the fact that its very under powered and has a unly LWB
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

I test drove it before it weak for 4-door SUV not enough power for Dune climbing, I think jeep is only SWB, but still that is my openion, maybe people see thing differently.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

:iagree: With MegaMoe,

From my humble point of view, the Unlimited Wrangler is missing the best advasntage of the other Wranglers.

Which is the short wheel base.

To Over come this clearance issue you will have to install a lift kit, and in this case you will still have less power than the short wheel base model (weight to HP ratio).

It will serve you very well in Newbies and Intermideates level, but it maight let you down in the more advanced trips as many other 4WDs with long wheel base.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

DaddyBear

Post by DaddyBear »

Thank you all for your advice. Next question would be, what kind of vehicle would you suggest for families? I am not sure a Wrangle could fit my family and gear.

Pologuru

Post by Pologuru »

From a family point of view.... Nissan Patrol - plenty of space for the camping equipment - plenty of power - kids not squashed in the back - SO far we have been very happy with ours on the dunes newbie trips, and it will serve us very well when we go on the wadi trips and camp too... If it was just me It woudl be a Jeeeeep, but have to think of the junior gang as well :?
<div>never say never</div>

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Daddybear,

Welcome to AD4x4, please introduce your self on the Chit Chat forum.

I agree with Pologuru .. But we don't know your budget ....

A toyota or a Nissan will do the job for an on-road / off-road family car. The Wrangler is a pure off-road car ... You will get jelous when you see the boys playing with their Wranglers and you are driving a cow :lol: :lol: But If you want a family on-road / off-road car then you don't have an option
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

I also agree with the guys on the Patrol, but if you want something different you may go for the H3, the new V8 model is coming soon also.

I also like the Yukon/Tahoe ... new, big space, alot of power, but you'll have clearance problems.

DaddyBear

Post by DaddyBear »

Great Info!

Now, I think I am getting the point, if you don't have a Jeep Wrangler you are not top echleon!
If you have a family you are relagated to "Cows":)
Being the family man, I know that there is a delta P somewhere there.
Correct me if I am wrong, the Top end Patrol and Land Cruisers are need to follow the lead dog, they are way out of my price range.

I am looking at mid size vehicles that:
Retain good entry/exit/break over angles
75% off road, 25% street wise
Might be under powered, but the key question is the vehicle's power capable of being boosted?
Tough
Approximately 130K dhs

Let's bring on the next vollie!

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

You can get a very clean used patrol for that money 05-06 model, my friend got a 06 for 105,000 with 50K on the Odo. (i thought the price was a little high though) ... but if you were to get a patrol for offroading i'd say get a Pre 2005 Model (the old shape) it has the same everything, the newer ones are just kinda fat (big bumpers and flares) .. the older one IMO is much better in the desert plus the 16" wheels are much lighter than the 17" which come with the new one. and if you want my advice get the SGL-V version -the one with the black fender flares- this one has less options (less wieght + its for the desert & it looks better IMO)

But if you want the Unlimited, yeah ofcousre you can boost the power, ME4WD (a member here) offers a supercharger for this model for Dh. 20000 (there are many mods for the jeep other than this) .... but with a Jeep believe me you'll end up paying much much much more lol

So its up to you ... and yeah dont get a Land Cruiser ... Patrol is much better in the sand.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

I would recommend the Toyota Prado then in this price range .. or a Pajero (3.8) .. you can change the bumper with ARB ones and you can have fun.

Otherwise, in my opinion, get a AED 60 toyota corolla or Honda Civic for home use give it to the wife as gift of love and get your self a clean used Wrangler for AED 50K to enjoy the desert .. I managed to go all the family offroad trips with my Wrangler, my wife, 2 kids and all the camping gear

k_almagboul

Post by k_almagboul »

2008 HUMMER H3 Alpha
  • Newest model in the performance-bred Alpha series
    Powerful 5.3L V-8 powertrain offers 295 hp (224 kW)*
    Maximum towing increased to 6,000 pounds (2,721 kg) – a 33-percent increase
    Unique exterior and interior features, including Alpha badging

http://www.gmhummer.com/timeline/2008/2 ... 3alpha.htm
Last edited by k_almagboul on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Khalid, this will be over AEd 180K

k_almagboul

Post by k_almagboul »

180 k 8O 8O

4 what

adiga