For those who are looking for a JEEP

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

For those who are looking for a JEEP

Post by iguana »

Most of the members enjoy our trips and when every the Jeeps starts to play around, most of the members start to ask us questions about our cars, and how to get a good Jeep and what they should be looking for. So I decided to open this thread for questions and answers and members views.

Here is my PERSONAL opinion about jeeps:
Wrangler
Best car for offroading, light weight with strong engine so it can go anywhere .. Looks cool specially with modifications ... Limited break ups as there are no options at all so nothing breaks down. However, it is the worst car on road, too noisy and too small .. No space if you are a family .. it is actually a 2 seater car ..

Good Wrangler 2000 Model and above starts from AED 30K depends on the model and the car condition ... However, you should know that you need to have a clean car for offroading.

Modification is too expensive and once you start you will never stop .. Some of those nice Wranglers that you see in the club cost min AED 50K of modifications others reached AED 100-120K ... so don't think that you will spend AED 5000 for modification if you are planning to modify.

Manual is preferred to enjoy offroading more and to avoid the auto gear breakdowns

Cherokee
Bigger space .. doing the same like a Wrangler .. However, have some over heating problems (Not a big issue if you take good care of your car)

2000 and above model starts at AED 25K ... Better to get the Gulf specs to avoid the overheating.

Grand Cherokee
For those who are looking for comfort .. big and spacious car ... Is doing will with Megamoe, Miro, Hiso and PPnath.

2000 and above model and above starts at AED 20K .. You don't have too many modification option so you will not spend alot in mods.

Liberty
Newer car, less mechanical problems .. will cost around AED 45K min. doing well in the desert. Adiga is driving a modified one and is having no problems.

Now questions and other comments time
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

halwa

Post by halwa »

Nice thread Iguana, it is very important to make sure the car is in very good condition when buying second hand. I learned the hard way and cost me a fortune, with out the mods. But as you said it is all worth it, and one rule is = you never ask a wrangler owner "how much did u spend" :twisted:

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

:jeeptj: Wranglers :jeeptj:

, are an ICON not only in the off road cars history but in the history of cars in general.

You can modify it the way you like ( limits are your budget ) to endup with a unique car that nothing else looks like.

You would not know , till you have one and drive it around .... it attracs eyes like a magnet :lol:

I would say it is the off roading SUPER CAR.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Friz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Friz »

Hi, just out of curiousity.... Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Wrangler Sport, Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Jeep Wrangler Limited Edition. Any particular model of Wrangler to look out for or any particular model not to touch. Cheers, Friz

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

The difference is is some option (which you may not look at)

Sport , is the base model (two models : hard ans soft top)
Sahara, is the full option model :roll:

Sahara model have different Seats cover material, Painted finders, 2 Speakers on the roll bar (old models only as the new once have them already), some times the hard top colour

Crouse control in the new models with simmeler options as the older once.

I dont think that we have limmited or unlimmited versions before 2006 here in UAE
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Friz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Friz »

Thanks Wildfire.

Are the engine size and wheel base length all the same?

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

In both yes , except for the unlimited version (which we dont have localy: it has longer wheel base)
one more thing is the Sahara have a better looking Wheels (which you may change when you plan fo upgrades)

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Yes wild fire is right, These are the option sin the Sahara:
- Different seat trip (Usless)
- Same color fender flares (You don't need this because you will change them with the bushwaker any way - the wide ones like in my car and wildfire, khaiwi's car)
- Crouse control (Thats a joke in a wrangler)
- Alloy rims (You will change them when you go for bigger tires.
- A mirror with a compass and map lights (who use a compass now???)

so the sport is the best option for the desert

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Re: For those who are looking for a JEEP

Post by khaiwi »

iguana wrote: Modification is too expensive and once you start you will never stop .. Some of those nice Wranglers that you see in the club cost min AED 50K of modifications others reached AED 100-120K ...
Even more Iguana...................
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

khaiwi wrote:
iguana wrote: Modification is too expensive and once you start you will never stop .. Some of those nice Wranglers that you see in the club cost min AED 50K of modifications others reached AED 100-120K ...
Khaiwi, my wife some times read the forums .. so I think modification cost only AED 10K am I right??? :wink:

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

iguana wrote:
khaiwi wrote:
Khaiwi, my wife some times read the forums .. so I think modification cost only AED 10K am I right??? :wink:
Am lucky my wife doesn't .... :wink: :wink: Besides that, you are absolutely right, you can do liftkit for 2k only and big tires for another 2k...ONLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

khaiwi wrote:
iguana wrote:
khaiwi wrote: Even more Iguana...................
Am lucky my wife doesn't .... :wink: :wink: Besides that, you are absolutely right, you can do liftkit for 2k only and big tires for another 2k...ONLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Another AED 1 K for the GPS with all its accessories and the remaining AED 5 K for charity to other Jeepers :lol: :lol:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

Post by FearUAE »

khaiwi wrote:
iguana wrote:
khaiwi wrote: Even more Iguana...................
This is what i did + 7 dirhams for two bottle of masafi . . . . . . . :roll:

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

7 Dirhams for 2 Masafi si too expensive .. Fear uae , you have to reduce your modification cost

sermed

Post by sermed »

No pricing....................Delete all the $$$...............Wife:I have not spend more then 5K :!:

Trust me they are talking about 2008..........They are crazy people do not listen to them :wink:
No Road..............No Problem