Members upgrades

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Members upgrades

Post by iguana »

As you are already aware, we have a grading system in the club which is used for upgrading a member from one grade to another. The upgrading of any member is subject to completion of the system and approval of 3 Marshals at least. Even if a member complete the number of trips he might not be upgraded as the Marshals don't see him ready for the next stage yet.

Some members are upgraded even before completion of the grading system if the Marshals see that he is good enough for a higher grade.

Most of the Marshals complain that they receive an upgrade request and don't know what to do or how to answer because they are in an embarrassing situation, they don;t want the member to feel rejected and as well don't want to promise something that is not in his hands. He cannot take the decision alone.

Upgrades are done based on recommendations not based on requests. So please note that any upgrade request sent to any of the Marshals will be ignored.

The committee members are not the most experienced offroaders. However, they know enough and have been in so many trips and activities so they are well experienced to evaluate each member grade.

We have so many members who are entitled for upgrades based on their driving skills .. However, they are not upgraded due to their communication skill, driving habits or other issue. So if you are not upgraded while you feel that you should be, please note that you are missing lots of other issues that entitle you for the next grade.

As an example, G-Man joined the club in May I think, he is a very nice person, went to several trips in mussafah and Al Khatim with the club .. Last week end he was in Liwa for the first time with Khaiwi ... His comment was "Ask those members who are requesting upgrades to come to Liwa and they will ask for downgrades after the trip"

The grading is done for your safety .. We started the grading system after having lots of accidents and roll overs (members who rolled over can confirm their previous experience) so please note that we care about your safety, your car, your family and ourselves as well

I hope I made it clear to everyone .. and hope that we will not have any upgrade requests sent to the Marshals again or any complain about an upgrade of a member .. This is our job, and we know what we are doing. The committee is 15 member and I think you respect their experience.

Please keep the club friendly as we don't want to loose this
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

:ad4x4:

Well said Iguana, I hope everybody understands and agrees that this is a safety issue and not achievement or accomplishment. We as a club committee will not be loosing or gaining by granting stars or upgrading members so easily but eventually they will be having tough time and confusing themselves and others during certain trips, and will endup breaking their vehicles rather than enjoying offfroading.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

I think the grade is not important!! It's important to have the ability driving safely in the desert without causing danger to anybody.

Like the stars for hotels, the Emirates Palace has seven stars ******* (7) but I could NOT get a simple, straight forward ESPRESSO :!: :!: :!:

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

khaiwi wrote::bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

:ad4x4:

I hope everybody understands and agrees that this is a safety issue and not achievement or accomplishment.

i completely agree here.. lets enjoy the trips :lol:

btw- we need some intermediate trips.. its been long time :twisted:
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Thanks for the clarification 8)

& i liked this espresso example :lol: :lol: :lol:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

k_almagboul

Post by k_almagboul »

Well said Iguana

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Post by adiga »

mabrook Mr. Urs
Sweets pls.
“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

Pologuru

Post by Pologuru »

I like being a newbie.... :D and it will be maaaany moons before I get an upgrade.... Im happy with that....
<div>never say never</div>

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

Well said Iguana and us as Marshals will work even harder to give fair evaluation if someone is due for upgrade. 8O

Most importantly is that improving driving skills with wise and safe driving method. 8)

Members you better get ready for the new SEASON. You guys have a lot to offer for the sand. :P

Kalemero

Post by Kalemero »

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Zee Godzilla
15 Nissan SWB Fully modified & Ready

Its my way or the high way :D

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Pologuru wrote:I like being a newbie.... :D and it will be maaaany moons before I get an upgrade.... Im happy with that....
Excellent,,,, What matters is that you're happy and satisfied with what ur doin and enjoyin it to the full...... There is no point pushin people for extreme sand dune drivin or rock crawlin, etc unless they feel themselves there.

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

Kalemero

Post by Kalemero »

you are right cheif
:wink: :lol:
Zee Godzilla
15 Nissan SWB Fully modified & Ready

Its my way or the high way :D

Pologuru

Post by Pologuru »

khaiwi wrote:
Pologuru wrote:I like being a newbie.... :D and it will be maaaany moons before I get an upgrade.... Im happy with that....
Excellent,,,, What matters is that you're happy and satisfied with what ur doin and enjoyin it to the full...... There is no point pushin people for extreme sand dune drivin or rock crawlin, etc unless they feel themselves there.
I will take my time, but when I am 'there' you will all know about it.... :monkeydance:
<div>never say never</div>

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

hahahaha

:jeep: