Is it enjoyable to be a Marshal

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Is it enjoyable to be a Marshal

Post by iguana »

I know most of the club members are looking forward to be a Marshal ... Thinking that this will be a great achievement in his offroad experience ... Thinking that he can have more fun and enjoy the trips and the club more ... Let us hear from the Marshals of AD4x4 and see their views about this.

About my self .... I don't see it as an easy job ... We call the Marshals, the Dark side of the club ... meetings, discussions, rules, comments, upgrades, downgrades, PMs (I receive more than 100 PM a week each with a request) .. Phone calls, SMS (My Mobile battery is designed to last for 4 days .. with AD4x4, I have to recharge my mobile every night) ... Comments, complains ... responsibility, planning ... Sometimes, joining a trip because you were asked to ... Going into an event because you are a Marshal ...

In trips, you are the Marshal (the guy who suppose to know everything starting from simple tire deflation to how does everything works in the car and what is the best way to modify your car, you should know the number of all the shops, GPS points and how much is everything ... and "if you have time, come with me please"

I think some of the marshals think that the T-shirt with the Marshal printed on the back of it is a curse and that Iguana and Megamoe set them up when they put them as Marshals :lol: :lol:

You know guys that we have to plan everything before we go into a trip? the route, the number of members, sending SMSs waiting for people on the meeting point ... taking care of everything, evaluting and analizing each trip to learn from our mistakes ..

But it is fun and I love it .... don;t you think so?
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Jax

Post by Jax »

Lots to look forward to then, Iguana! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bradley
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Bradley »

Well, I think that all the Marshals are doing a gr8 job. A big cheer for all of them.

:party: :party: :party:
Bradley
Liberty - ARB Lift kit, MT mags & 32" Tyres

k_almagboul

Post by k_almagboul »

hi all
tell the truth, before i became a marshal i was happy, you know why. When i used to be advance /explorer i used to play with 50% responsibility about the other car going her and there. but now with the new grade I’m 1000000% responsible , last two night i couldn't sleep will not because i was physically tired but mentally existed, two consecutive trip as a marshal and sweeper ooooooooooooooooh believe me you will not fill it tell you try it
from my opinions the only one who is not having fun in any trip is the marshal

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you Iguana for highlighting this in the "public" area.

Just to add some spice, we "marshals" do lots of last minute changes on the spot and during the trip without even announcing it. That is based on the ongoing trip status. Though such changes are most likely not to our benefit or liking.

Some people love to do planning by nature and thats a good initiative to become a marshal, but additionally proper judgement and wise decisions on the field are mostly the high expectations from the leaders/marshals.

Do I make some sense here, i don't know but am a bit unfocused today so guys bare with me hehehehehehe.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Most friendly Marshalls of them all....................ME.,,,,,,, Run on Energizers platium and never get tired.

Honestly I dont know but Guys and Gals Here is your chance to say about Marshals.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Kat
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kat »

marshals have great power, but like they say, with great power comes great responsibility.
i believe it's harder than it looks. and i think marshals dont get the chance to enjoy the trips coz they have to watch out for everyone. they're like the daddy/mommy and the rest are like the kids. anyone who wants to be a marshall should be ready to make lots of sacrifices. but then again, that's just my viewpoint. :roll:

yellowmanta
Intermediate
Intermediate

too all the marshalls

Post by yellowmanta »

all we can say from the non marshalls side is:

thanx.
Yellowmanta Dubai

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Post by adiga »

“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

halwa

Post by halwa »

You guys are doing a fantastic job appreciated by all, the club would not be what it is today without you--makeing sure we are all haveing safe fun in a dangerous enviroment. Thank you and keep up the good work!!

dutt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by dutt »

Are there planning activities the rest of us could do to ease the work load of the Marshals - a division of labor for each trip? Could we assign a secretary or assistant marshal for each trip?

I enjoy going on the trips. The opportunity changes my experience of the Emirates.

Dutt

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Thank you Dutt, all we need from the members is to listen to us and enjoy the trips
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

t_almagboul

Post by t_almagboul »

iguana wrote:Thank you Dutt, all we need from the members is to listen to us and enjoy the trips
and one more thing gave star to us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

My point of view about the subject is that i do like my task as a marshal for the fact that i do like to organize, arrange, plan etc etc etc TRIPS.

I become more active marshal in term of leading by winter time cuz i or i mean my CAR hates the heat.

Being a marshal is not an easy job as stated above by others specially when a marshal arranging a trip that involves high risk and fun (which is my area of interest :twisted: )

If your dream to become a mashral, then i wish you the best :P

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

As a newly appointed Marshal, yes it is very challenging what with the organisation etc, but this goes with the title. It not only involves the trip on the day, but the pre planning and the responsibility of everyone on the trip, but I am a great believer in team work and if there are other Marshals on the trip we work together as a team to ensure that everyone has a good day.

Yes, I used to have a Wrangler with a short wheel base and Modifications and I loved it, but I think as Yellowmanta said to me last week some vehicles cannot do what a Wrangler can without damaging them and we are not about taking people out to damage their cars never to return to the club which has happened very recently with one guy saying thanks for the trip but I need 2 new bumpers at a cost of 4000 dhs. and I won,t be out again.

That was his choice and certainly all of the active members Newbie to Advanced have modified their cars in some way to minimise the damage.

You do not realise what goes on behind the scenes to ensure a trip goes well and even then we get complaints, all I would say is we are all trying our best for you, and for one I am looking forward to the advanced trips with the guys who have been doing this for years like Khaiwi, Iguana and Desert Ghost even if my Hummer can not go where their super modified Wranglers can. ( Wish I had kept mine ) We are still a big family and we will look after each other. Have fun with the BEST club in the UAE.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350