An idea of a great adventure

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
jc

Post by jc »

Jo wrote:Hi jc,

.. well, there are a few issues where we need support from the armed forces (this is valid for all three countries):

1. we may pass restricted areas where without there approval we will not be allowed in
2. we may cross borders and need permission/visa/medical certifications
3. it will be a tremendous logistical challange especially for the empty quarter part what without a professional logistical support is not manageable
4. we must have a medical fall back and support network in place as safety net in case of major accidents. Also in this therefore only an organisation out of the armed forces can help (helicopters, ambulances, hospitals)

:hat:
No problem will speak to my contact he maybe able to pave the way for us to start this thing

will ring him now and meet tonight

SkullsOfIron
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by SkullsOfIron »

Jo wrote:Hi Guys,
grat response! Well, I am hunting currently for more detailed route information. To make it a bit more shiny, I would appreciate if the commitee could grant an AD4x4 mail address for me.
Additionally I need to know if some on has good relations/contacts to the following organisations:

- AD or Emirates Heritage Club
- Heritage Club Oman
- something like this in Saudi
- UAE Armed Forces
- Oman Armed Forces
- Saudi Armed Forces
- Any print media (Gulf News etc...)
- Radio & TV Stations

I share Mpenzies idea of splitting it in sections where the main leg (empty quater crossing) should be promoted as a highlight. Best would be, we find a special anniversary (ex. start or arrival in UAE on National day).

Brothers and Sisters, I need INPUT!

Keep you posted,

As Jc asked about U.A.E.

I need to Have the route inside Oman at least a drfat of it..also the camping points in Oman and which Boarder points will the trip be coming from..and what is required from The Oman Heritage Club and the Oman Armed forces..I'll ask around and see if i can find any friend that knows some one and I promise nothing for now, will do my best though....plus WHEN.?! is the question that they'll mainly ask about. and the secomd quesyion will be which areas are you passing..?! so if you clear this up for me I'll do my best..Cheers.
It's not important where you go it's important that you go across not around -Skulls's Jeep-

SkullsOfIron
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by SkullsOfIron »

double Post Edited*
It's not important where you go it's important that you go across not around -Skulls's Jeep-

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi Dude,

well, best you check the collection of maps on: http://www.ad4x4.com/gallery2/v/members ... Adventure/

Additionally there is the rough transformation of Thesigers travels into a Garmin map and Google Earth....

Date is not a question yet. First I have to collect the frame (including possible sponsors), getting a crew (active and supporting) and than we can fix the date. But as Mpenzi suggested I guess very much we will do it in diferent legs...

Tks

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

SkullsOfIron
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by SkullsOfIron »

If this is the case for now...I think what I'll do is I'll suggest it as an Idea to a couple of helpful friends..and see what they think and which authorities here we should ask and go for..as for the Saudi part of land and going in Saudi and near the Saudi boarder. :?..well am not a big fan of that...but it ain't my place nor my right to disagree or alter it...Let me know if there is any new changes or news..cheers.

Jax

Post by Jax »

I'm so up for this trip and helping out where I can :)

My only concern (and this is personal, but may apply to a couple of other AD4x4 members), is the Saudi part of the trip.

As a woman:
* I wouldn't be allowed to drive there :( ..... and ....
* I wouldn't be allowed to be a passenger, even in my own car with a man driving, as he would have to be a relative/relation :( and I don't think my little chief navigator qualifies! :lol:

There is no way around this given the current rules in KSA

But if there is anything I can help with, please let me know...
Last edited by Jax on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skydiverdrivers

Post by skydiverdrivers »

This trip sounds brilliant. I'm sure where there's a will there's a way. :D

Let's marry Jax off to someone, then let her drive the sandy bits when noone's looking!!! Jim says he's allowed two wives.... :twisted:

We are definitely interested in going.

Skydiverdrivers :!:

Jax

Post by Jax »

skydiverdrivers wrote: Let's marry Jax off to someone, then let her drive the sandy bits when noone's looking!!! Jim says he's allowed two wives.... :twisted:
Skydiverdrivers :!:
8O :roll: 8O

Think I'd rather take on the KSA authorities to try and change the rules than get married again! :lol:
But thanks for the offer Jim! :wink:

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

If Jim can Marry 2 wives don't forget we are allowed 4 :wink: :wink:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

iguana wrote:If Jim can Marry 2 wives don't forget we are allowed 4 :wink: :wink:

:hawaiidance: :hawaiidance: :hawaiidance: :hawaiidance: :hawaiidance: :hawaiidance:
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Jax

Post by Jax »

khaiwi wrote:
iguana wrote:If Jim can Marry 2 wives don't forget we are allowed 4 :wink: :wink:

:hawaiidance: :hawaiidance: :hawaiidance: :hawaiidance: :hawaiidance: :hawaiidance:
:roll: does this mean you are looking for 6 wives Khaiwi? :lol:

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Jax wrote:
khaiwi wrote:

:roll: does this mean you are looking for 6 wives Khaiwi? :lol:

Hahahaha,

Don't pull my leg Ja****, I might give real nasty answers hehehehehe just kiddin, smart comment though...
Last edited by khaiwi on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

Jax

Post by Jax »

Man you were fast with that reply, Chief! :lol:
Got my proper name too - oh dear, that is baaaaad! :lol:

Better get this thread back on topic or else I will be given all my proper names and that will mean I am in deep $h*t :wink:

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Jax wrote:Man you were fast with that reply, Chief! :lol:
Got my proper name too - oh dear, that is baaaaad! :lol:

Better get this thread back on topic or else I will be given all my proper names and that will mean I am in deep $h*t :wink:
Yeah am fast at time and slow hand at other times :twisted: ,,,,, modified the name being privacy concern (sorry) :oops: :oops: ....

Hijacking is over LOL

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

I think ONLY if sponsored by Emirates Heritage Club we can deal with Saudi through them, other than that forget it to cross there
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded