Insurance Cost / Rates

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Insurance Cost / Rates

Post by Mozi »

Hi guys, a quick question so that I make sure they are not ripping me off the wazoo...

I have been charged 5.87% on my new H3 for insurance. Another company quoted me 7% saying it is a Hummer, parts are expensive and u have a new UAE licence even though I have a Lebanese one from 12 years...

Is this normal, should I go with the 5.87% rate?

Thanks for ur feedback

Mozi

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

well man its different from one car to the other and also age makes difference.

now the rate should play in the range of 5%
my 2006 wrangler i was able to get 5.5% because many companies doesn't like to have wranglers.
however the range rover when i first got it i paid 7%

in ur care sure the 5.8% is better than the 7% , there won't be a difference just make sure it is full insurance , and covers the driver and passengers + agency workshop
Last edited by jeep on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

Mozi we have a special discount with AXA Insurance, for more information check with Iguana, their Insurance cover offroad and oman.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

megamoe wrote:Mozi we have a special discount with AXA Insurance, for more information check with Iguana, their Insurance cover offroad and oman.
Thanks megamo, I just dropped iguana a PM.

Mozi

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

An i already answered it.

We get 10% discount provided you submit a letter from us confirming that you are a member
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

iguana man u said 10% discount but that means nothing without the rate ???

if u tell me that their rate is 5% and then we get 10% discount then that i can understand

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Rates are different, depends on the car model, driver age, insurance history so there is no set rate for insurance.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Mozi man, you should have let your car agency negotiate with the insurance company on the rate. When i bought my new 3800 CC LWB Pajero, Mitsubishi agent took the insurance rate down to 5 % as they took my previous 18 years of driving experience into consideration. I say go for AXA. Make it a comprehensive policy so off-roading can be automatically covered.

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Mozi man, you should have let your car agency negotiate with the insurance company on the rate. When i bought my new 3800 CC LWB Pajero, Mitsubishi agent took the insurance rate down to 5 % as they took my previous 18 years of driving experience into consideration. I say go for AXA. Make it a comprehensive policy so off-roading can be automatically covered.

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

It is cool guys. I just had a phone conversation with Iguana. Axa is the way to go.

Diver, the dealer negotiated insurance was 5.87% and they did not conisder any of my past driving. Now I am good :) Thanks for all the support. Check my post on diving in the intro section. U will like it ;)

Mozi

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Mozi wrote:It is cool guys. I just had a phone conversation with Iguana. Axa is the way to go.

Diver, the dealer negotiated insurance was 5.87% and they did not conisder any of my past driving. Now I am good :) Thanks for all the support. Check my post on diving in the intro section. U will like it ;)

Mozi
I already did. The articles on wrecks are very interesting :bravo:

I did few wreck diving back in 1998 in Thistlegorm wreck in Sinai. If you planned to go to Sinai sometime, tell me
and i can arrange you a great diving trip :okaay: :okaay: :okaay:

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

DiVeR wrote:
Mozi wrote:It is cool guys. I just had a phone conversation with Iguana. Axa is the way to go.

Mozi
I already did. The articles on wrecks are very interesting :bravo:

I did few wreck diving back in 1998 in Thistlegorm wreck in Sinai. If you planned to go to Sinai sometime, tell me
and i can arrange you a great diving trip :okaay: :okaay: :okaay:
I love Sinai, Dahab, the Blue Hole, the Canyon, Hurghada, Thistlgorm, The Brothers, Elphinstone. I have done them all :) My cousin operates www.redseaexplorers.com

See u in the desert

Mozi

seiftawfik
Advanced
Advanced

Post by seiftawfik »

Hey Mozi,

I guess with AXA you'll face a problem with the new driving license, they won't accept it I think.

Let me check for you tomorrow and I can get you a rate of 4.75% from AXA if they'll accept the new driving license with your old license providing that you are buying a brand new car.

Cheers.