Camping Supplies

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Camping Supplies

Post by DiVeR »

Does anybody know where can we get wood from for fire purpose :?:

Some people said from Ace Hardware, but it seems that they are out of stock for more than a month.

Need your help Abu Omar

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

Iranian souq in mina
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

hmmm i think i have seen some at carrefour

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

GUYS!?!? 8O

please dont spend a single dirham on WOOD from carrefour or ACE!!!
Keep the money to spend on petrol or your beautiful Jeeps!
go to any carpenter in the industrial areas & ask for some of their old stuff.
They absolutely love giving away the bits they cant use.
that way they dont have to pay to get rid of them.
go along with some big boxes , or several small masafi boxes , ask them for wood they dont need , give them 10 dhs or smthg as a nice gesture & finish..you got some nice maranti and stuff...
pls dont buy that oak from Finland for a crazy price for a little box from Ace!!! :!: :crying:

While you're at it , ask for a nice piece of composite plywood as a jacking board for the desert..watch...for your next camping trip he'll be waiting to give u some stuff...just watch the nails..

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

sounds good man , yah i always say i need to go get a board to use in the desert for jacking but i always forget

4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 4x4er »

Another option is to stop by any constructin site, and smooth talk the foreman into giving you bits and pieces of wood.. These guys also are happy to part with it, and again just tip the guy who piles the wood something to make his day..

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

hmmm khalas pay the consultant of the site some little amount under the table maybe he could slip some 1 ton of wood :wink:
take it and sell it to all the offroaders at a better price than ace :D :D :D

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

I always get wood from the Iranian markert. On the road to WED /British club just after the fire brigade. The wood and charcol are much cheeper there.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

Mpenzi wrote:I always get wood from the Iranian markert. On the road to WED /British club just after the fire brigade. The wood and charcol are much cheeper there.

That's it ...... as Mpenzi said the iranian market is the best place to get wood and charcol ....
It's actually the street just before the iranian market ... the one of abu dhabi water and electricity old club

Sorry Diver was a bit busy the past few days and just checked this thread for the first time now...

Megamoe ,,,, u know when the unread post are highlted so to that u notice waht u didn't open befroe ...... Sometimes it just doesn't happpen ...... a lot of new posts everywhere and none is highlighted ...... any technical reason for that or any way to prevent it ?
Omar Kamel-Member # 007