Specially for Pajero owners

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
seiftawfik
Advanced
Advanced

Post by seiftawfik »

I like the 2nd picture as well Kareem.

Tamraz
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Specially for Pajero owners

Post by Tamraz »

iguana wrote:Pajero owners are nice guys, they never say anything about Wranglers (Not like the Patrol owners). It seems we have so many Pajeros in our club, so I decided to dedicate this thread for them to talk about thier cars instead of hajaking the other threads :lol: :lol:

Who owns a Pajero here?
Kareemamr
Diver (Another kareem)
Frastow
Kanga
Bulldozer also have one beside the wrangler
Toothfairy
Zulu
Kimo

Whom else and what do you think about it guys?
Please add me to the proud owners of Pajero and allow me to praise it since I drive it since 1991. It is a wonderful price/performance piece... ground clearance, engine economy, largest storage room in its category( 660 Liters If I remember well), largest sun roof in the whole SUV's , the 6-7 passenger stealth seat mechanism, the widest front and side driver's eye site produced by far... the only noticed weakness was the "dunes unfriendly bumpers" as of 2001 models yet they proved to be among the safest on road.

Viva La Pajero :wink:

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kareemamr »

seiftawfik wrote:I like the 2nd picture as well Kareem.
Nice choice seif :)

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kareemamr »

Tamraz wrote:
iguana wrote:Pajero owners are nice guys, they never say anything about Wranglers (Not like the Patrol owners). It seems we have so many Pajeros in our club, so I decided to dedicate this thread for them to talk about thier cars instead of hajaking the other threads :lol: :lol:

Who owns a Pajero here?
Kareemamr
Diver (Another kareem)
Frastow
Kanga
Toothfairy
Zulu
Kimo

Please add me to the proud owners of Pajero and allow me to praise it since I drive it since 1991. It is a wonderful price/performance piece... ground clearance, engine economy, largest storage room in its category( 660 Liters If I remember well), largest sun roof in the whole SUV's , the 6-7 passenger stealth seat mechanism, the widest front and side driver's eye site produced by far... the only noticed weakness was the "dunes unfriendly bumpers" as of 2001 models yet they proved to be among the safest on road.

well said Tamraz you are a great addition to the pajero owners community in AD4X4

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

:together: We r doing fine so far with Pajero, as per Pajero engineers the new pumper was designed to the dunes and give a better clearance, I have the car since 3 yrs without major problems offroad and on road except my bad driving habits cuz am used to V8 cyl cars, with 3.5 L engine & heavy weight performance is excellent, as I said before its ALL in ONE car :cheers1:

2nd pumper looks nice
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Tamraz wrote:

Who owns a Pajero here?
Kareemamr
Diver (Another kareem)
Frastow
Kanga
Toothfairy
Zulu
Kimo

Sure you are right, i'm very much satisfied with my 3800 CC performance. However, i went today to Suwaihan in an Extreme trip (as a passenger). Guys, we are missing so much, if we went there with our Pajero's, we will sure come out with a broken bumper. Performance wise, the Pajero can handle it easily
:together: :together: :together: :together: :okaay:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Belongs to a really nice , extremely friendly guy & a great driver , Chris ( a.k.a Shiva)
hope he doesnt mind me showing off his beautiful ride.
ARB bumpers & the OME lift kit.Installation done at Icon Auto Dubai.
car looks great.
Watch out with OME kits that u install them the right way around.(right Iguana? :wink: )
enjoy the pics.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Looks nice guys, why don't you try it. We should start a Pajero Modification bug.

Megamoe, can you add tghis Virus to the website, or you have the Wrangler Virus only?
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kareemamr »

DiVeR wrote:
Tamraz wrote:

Who owns a Pajero here?
Kareemamr
Diver (Another kareem)
Frastow
Kanga
Toothfairy
Zulu
Kimo

Sure you are right, i'm very much satisfied with my 3800 CC performance. However, i went today to Suwaihan in an Extreme trip (as a passenger). Guys, we are missing so much, if we went there with our Pajero's, we will sure come out with a broken bumper. Performance wise, the Pajero can handle it easily
:together: :together: :together: :together: :okaay:
You are right I broke both bumpers there in sewaihan :) :oops: :oops: :twisted: But now i have nothing to worry about they are broken anyways :)

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

zulu
Intermediate
Intermediate

Pajero mods

Post by zulu »

:D G'day all.
I did the following mods on my Pajero 3.8l SWB a few months back. Fitted an ARB bumper with built in spots and added IPF desert spots too. All that is now needed is the winch. The modification is definately required on the front end of the Pajero if you want to avoid damaging your original bumper ( the registration problems that it can cause).
I then decided while still in the ARB shop in Musaffah, to buy Old Man Emu shocks, springs and a few other bits and pieces.
These were all fitted to the vehicle by Nissan in Musaffah, who were doing ARB's client fitments at that stage. This raised my front end by 35mm and the back by 50mm. My Pajero drives better both on and off road and I'm glad I was able to afford the mods. The back end is still original and does'nt need replacing on the short wheel base model. These add-ons cost me approx 12000 AED.
I have now added a dash mounted Garmin 276C and am ready to rock, cost 2200 AED.
A word of caution here; There are mods required to the vehicle, not many, when doing these mods,for example, the water bottle for the front windscreen has to be downsized ( obtained from Mitsubishi) for all models after 2003, plus a few other minor, but irritating, pieces.
I can honestly say that this is truly a great vehicle to own and drive on and off road and is a pleasure to own. It does look like its on steroids, though!!!!
I still have all my invoices for these purchases if anyone wants an exact figure for reference.
See you all in the dunes soon and be safe.Image
Black SWB Pajero, OME shocks, ARB bumper, IFP spots, Garmin 276c, mostly clean sometimes muddy.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

We have NEW Monster :twisted: running loose, lets try it in the itermediate trip on 22/12 :twisted: :twisted: it s beauty man good luck with it :ok :okaay: aay: :okaay: :okaay:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

zulu
Intermediate
Intermediate

She's my baby, don't u know.

Post by zulu »

Thanks, bulldozer. Done 65000 in her and not a stitch of trouble. Can't make this one, got a prior engagement down Liwa way but soon, for sure!!!!!!!!
Enjoy all, and be safe. :P :D
Black SWB Pajero, OME shocks, ARB bumper, IFP spots, Garmin 276c, mostly clean sometimes muddy.

zulu
Intermediate
Intermediate

Engine skid plate

Post by zulu »

Anyone know where and how much, I can obtain an engine skid plate? Preferably in stainless?
:?:

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Re: Engine skid plate

Post by iguana »

zulu wrote:Anyone know where and how much, I can obtain an engine skid plate? Preferably in stainless?
:?:
Cheapest thing is to have it done locally in Mussafah.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com