Level of Authorities

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Level of Authorities

Post by iguana »

Dear Members,

Level 1
Megamoe - Founder & Director
Iguana - Founder & Chairman

Any of them have the sole description to take any decision in the club. Over rule any decision taken by any body. Their decision is final.

Level 2
Khaiwi - Chief Marshal
Antrax - Club Manager
Adiga - Field & Safety Manager
Jo - Marshal - DXB & Northern Emirates Manager
Mac - Marshal - Training & Development Manager
Diver - Marshal - Trips Manager
Xof - Marshal

can Jointly take any decision in the club. Over rule any decision taken by a group of Marshals. However, cannot over rule the decision of the Founders. Again their decision is final. Over ruling their decision should be with the JOINT approval of the 2 Founders

Level 3
4 Marshals

Approval of 4 Marshals is required for any decision where the Founders or the Senior Marshals are not involved.

The decision taken by 4 Marshals can be over ruled with a disagreement of 6 Marshals or Jointly by any of the Senior Marshals or Singly by any of The Founders.

Marshal Trip Authorities
During a trip, the trip leader have the sole description to take any decision during his trip. No other Marshal is allowed to instruct the leading Marshal in his trip except any of the 2 Founders or any of Senior Marshals.

The trip announcer is the owner of the trip. Taking over his trip should be based on approval of the trip announcer.

The trip announcer can delegate the trip leading to any other Marshal. However, once the trip leading is handed over to another Marshal, the 2nd Marshal will have full control over the trip

Recovery of any situation is the responsibility of the sweeper. One sweeper should be appointed at the beginning of the trip and he should handle the recoveries during the trip. In case help is required, the sweeper have the right to ask any member for assistance.

During recovery NO MARSHAL IS ALLOWED TO INTERFERE unless help is requested by the sweeper.

Side convoy assistance is ONLY ALLOWED FOR MARSHALS unless otherwise decided by the trip Marshal. Any other member drive in the side of the convoy should be reported to the trip leader and notified immediately by the TRIP LEADER.

Advanced & Explorers trip authorities
Marshals joining a trip announced by an Advanced or Explorer are there to assist and evaluate ONLY. They are not allowed to interfere in the route taken unless they feel it is not safe for the followers.

As the Advanced or Explorer is not expert in leading a trip. Marshals should always assist and advice the leader whenever his help is required.

Marshals decision or comment to the trip leader during his trip should be respected by the trip leader.

Free Play and Show off
Free play and showing off by members are not allowed during the trip unless we stop in a play area. Once we stop in a play area, the Leading Marshal should organize the play and the que for climbing up a dune or doing a side slope. No Member is allowed to play alone away from the play area. The Leading Marshal should choose a play area which he feels is safe to play and not too dangerous for members with extra adrenaline.

In case the trip leader see that members are not listening to instructions during the play area. He should immediately stop the playing and continue the trip.

A Black point system is suggested by Off-Road and I liked the idea. We will work on it and announce it for discussion once it is ready.

Website Admin and issues
Full authority ofcourse is with Megamoe and Antrax. I don't have full access to the site admin (I think you all know why).

2nd level of authority is given to Iguana and Khaiwi

Gallery admin rights is given to all the Marshals. They can create albums.

Hope that this is clear and if I miss anything, please remind me.
Last edited by iguana on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

EXcellent post, thank you Iguana, is it going to be available for all of the members to read? Thanks Mac
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Good one Boss,

I have three comments we should consider:

1.Advanced & Explorers trip authorities.... I still see a responsability of the Marshal participating and he must have the "overuling" authority if there is need (BTW, if I see the problems we Marshal have with big groups and check the advanced/explorer trips anounced for the weekend.. :? ).

2. Free Play and Show off ....... you cannot organise chaos!

3. Website Admin and issues.... Marshals should be allowed to block topics/threats, at least the own posted.

... just comments to be discussed. No conditions....

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Jo wrote:Good one Boss,

I have three comments we should consider:

1.Advanced & Explorers trip authorities.... I still see a responsability of the Marshal participating and he must have the "overuling" authority if there is need (BTW, if I see the problems we Marshal have with big groups and check the advanced/explorer trips anounced for the weekend.. :? ).
We need to see how the Advance / EWxplorer handle the trip alone. That's why I said the Marshal will only assist. However, if the Marshal feel that the trip is not going as per the club safety instruction and that the leader is unable to control the trip. The Marshal have the full right to take over the leading of the trip.
Jo wrote:2. Free Play and Show off ....... you cannot organise chaos!
Agree 100%
Jo wrote:3. Website Admin and issues.... Marshals should be allowed to block topics/threats, at least the own posted.
Megamoe will check this

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Thank you Iguana for the clarification, very good points and they are taken with full agreement.

I also feel that Jo has a valid point regarding the group sizes, on the one hand we want to give as many members as possible the experience and opportunity to attend trips, but on the other hand trips are still getting maybe too many cars. From my side, I will be more strict with the number of cars that I will allow for future trips as I feel this is the biggest aspect in safety for all, to be a rather small group of 6-8 cars and not more.

Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

lucknow

Post by lucknow »

Hi Iguana,
"During recovery NO MARSHAL IS ALLOWED TO INTERFERE unless help is requested by the sweeper. "

This statement really concerns me....as a marshall who by definition is responsible for the safety of members on a club trip, I will definately 'interfere' if i see something unsafe occuring. The sweepers are typically Advanced or Explorer level drivers who may not have enough experience to carry out recoveries safely.

I agree/ accept all of your other points.

cheers,

Geoff
Please remember to Tread Lightly....take only memories and leave only footprints. http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/home/Home.html

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Geoff,

It has been a big concern that during recovery lots of Marshals and members interfere and start giving instructions left and right to the sweeper which sometimes lead into a wrong recovery and might even lead to a disaster.

The sweeper is appointed by the leading Marshal .. and normally he is someone who is responsible enough and knows what he is doing. If there are more than one Marshal in the trip, the sweeper is normally a Marshal as well. All Marshals have good knowledge and experience in recovery. However, every Marshal have his own school of techniques and safety. Therefore, interference here is not required.

The level of authority is announced to have more organized trips. I had several problems earlier while recovering someone and find so many Marshals and Members around me talking, shouting and instructing which distract my technique while recovering the stuck car. I would like to avoid this in future

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you Iguana for your continuous efforts refining and helping our valuable club members understand a bit more some of the roles and responsibilities, and possibly understand more what goes behind the scenes when planning organising and leading a trip.

The precious comments by the marshals are also highly appreciated.

I would like to emphasise further on the recovery concern raised here, and based on earlier exposure to various recoveries and disasters due to wrong estimations or stubborn head of some people. I would hence like to see the sweep/recovery member only as an assigned responsible Marshal or Advanced member for the recovery as per the trip organiser/leader unless specifically stated by the leader himself. Hence, one person will decide and give instructions while others will follow.

Multiple opinions and various points of views lead to confusion for all and would possibly lead to a crisis or at leats raises the risk of sad event.

I hope the point is clear to all.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Thanks Khaiwi, That's what I want to say, but you said it in better English :oops: :oops:

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

iguana wrote:Thanks Khaiwi, That's what I want to say, but you said it in better English :oops: :oops:
Pleasure dude, you keep on reading my mind hehehehehe.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Level of Authorities

Post by MooD »

iguana wrote: A Black point system is suggested by Off-Road and I liked the idea. We will work on it and announce it for discussion once it is ready.

Make it Red Point Boss

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

Smiley
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Smiley »

As we say in Germany: " To many cooks spoil the broth!"

I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion here.
I would split big groups into fixed sections of 5 cars with separat leaders and sweepers who are responsible for those 5 cars only. Everybody can follow the same track as long as no problem arise. If one group has any problem that causes a delay, other groups overturn. Stucks are handled within this group only unless anyone asks for help. GPS points and timings can be set for in between the trip or at the end only.
Brave Mädchen kommen in den Himmel, die anderen kommen überall hin...
(Good Girls go to heaven, the other ones go everywhere...)

DESNAV-Founder

first female Marshal

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Good idea Smiley, we will try to implement it and see how it works.

Marshals and trip leaders, this is a good suggestion, lets try it