Problems with car registration

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Steve

Problems with car registration

Post by Steve »

Hello,
Iam new here! I like to join the club and have some fun with you. I am from Germany and I brought now my self built Jeep Grand Cherokee to the UAE now. Unfortunately I was told there is no chance to get any registration in Abu Dhabi. Can anybody help me or give me any hint how to get the Jeep on the road?
Kindly reagrds
Steve

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Hello Steve and a warm welcome to :ad4x4:

You say that you are new in town, so do you have a residence visa already based on an Abu Dhabi sponsor? And a valid local driving license?

If the answer is "No", than this is what you need first to register any car here. Or do you have the above and the trouble is with the licensing section, then they should tell you why the car cannot be licensed here.

So, please give us more details, thank you.

Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Steve

Car registration

Post by Steve »

Thanks for the fast answer...
I live in the UAE for 15 month now and I was watching your club since that time. Due to some events in Germany I could not bring my baby to Abu Dhabi before.
I have driving license of the UAE and resident visa. I also have registered already a car under my name.
The complaints were: steelbumper in the front (which is necessary because of the winch), exhaust too noisy (no problem, can bechanged for registration) and suspension.
I hope this gives you more information and you can help me out. If you tell me how I can send you a picture of the Jeep.
Best regards
Steve

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Hi Steve,

"Murror" is getting stricter on the mods, steel bumpers have no chance to pass at all, you have to fit an original one, no option. Lift kit and Exhaust, if they noted it down on the report already, there is also no excape but to change them back to original. If they are not listed on the report, you may try it with the original bumper only, this worked with my Pathfinder. Everything passes except for the ARB bumper, which is a no go.

Sorry to say, but the advise I can give is not better .....

Viel Glueck

Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Welcome to the club Steve.

Steel bumbers are no way .. Don't find an execuse and waste your time with them to convince them that you need this for the inch .. just go and get a used stock bumber and install it to pass Muroor.

Lift kit is normally no problem ... Don't know why they did not accept yours

Exhaust is accepted if it is the cat back only, if you go for 3,5"+ full system including headers and cat back, it will never be accepted, so you need to minimize the noise of your exhaust

No one can overcome the Traffic rules here so don't waste your time, get your spare parts and get your baby registered
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

... or buy a new wrangler!

i'm surprised the Emperor did not finished his post with this...
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

xof wrote:... or buy a new wrangler!

i'm surprised the Emperor did not finished his post with this...
Well, he did not say it directly, but its obvious as a conclusion its better off with a wrangler LOL,,,, just kidding, rules aplly to all vehicles all models, no exceptions here dude.

Cheers
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....