Lightly Modified Suzuki Jimnys at Liwa

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Mulgara
Intermediate
Intermediate

Lightly Modified Suzuki Jimnys at Liwa

Post by Mulgara »

In the spirit of contributing to the forums (and not just asking questions as I have done so far), I thought people might be interested to see some lightly modified Suzuki Jimnys that I stumbled upon during a visit to Liwa. These guys were having great fun in a large sand bowl right beside the tarmac road that extends into the dunes. I've posted some pictures on My Space, which is publicly accessible here:

http://etienne-bear.spaces.live.com/

Hopefully they don't mind me posting these pictures (I've removed any identifying features).

Having seen these I initially considered the Suzuki Jimny and SWB Grand Vitara as options, but decided against it after reading the forums here. Interestingly, the '09 Grand Vitara 2-door is now offerred with a 2.4L engine, which starts to make the power/torque to weight ratio more attractive, but still not as good as a Wrangler.

Anyway, hope this is of interest!

Steve

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Nice pix Steve, I suppose they are ok for a little play in the sand. Could probably carry it out if ya got stuck. But no real off-roader.
As for the :rockandroll: lessons, there's a good place behind Al Noor hospital on Khalifa street called "The Melody Institute" Me and the wife will be taking up lessons soon so I'll keep you posted.
I read your posts on the site aswell mate. :grr: I hope everything is going a little better for you now mate, its a great place once you get used to its faults (lets face it, london ait perfect is it mate).

Keep ya chin up sun, you'll soon find a way to relax. :drink: :cheers1: :ad4x4:
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Terran

Post by Terran »

great pix, still haven't been down to Liwa......... looks amazing. those 4x4's look fun, but you are right the Wrangler is a better all-round off-roader.

Jeeper

Post by Jeeper »

Cool
The Sand "Can't live with it, can't live without it"

Mulgara
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Mulgara »

Hi Tintin,

Thanks for the tip re: guitar lessons, but I actually found a great teacher recently. I'd recommend him but he's not taking on any more students at the moment.

It didn't occur to me that people might read my blog whilst on the site - hope I didn't say anything too controversial. Although we did find Abu Dhabi very tough to start with, especially as we were stuck in a hotel for almost 6-months and lost 3 apartments due to unscrupulous dealings, things have been steadily improving lately. In fact, we're very much looking forward to heading out with the 4x4 club as a means of enjoying ourselves here more! It's exactly what I need to replace my love of bikes whilst I'm here. The Abu Dhabi Natural History Group has been a big breath of fresh air for us too.

I agree about London, especially as I'm originally from Sydney. We were dying to escape the SE of England well before the opportunity to move here came up.

Cheers,
Steve

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Nah don't worry about it Steve, I think everybody has a tough time when they first get here. Our situation was bad too, not 6 months in a hotel bad, but bad enough. The city is amazing and there is so much to do in this country so you should never be bored really, you just need to hunt things down is all.
I couldn't wait to get out of london, I love the place as a city but as a home its tooooo much. Still love to visit there though.
I hope everything goes well for ya then mate and I'll see you in the sand soon I guess.

take care.

Tony. 8)
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}