AD4X4 Membership

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…

Do you agree or disagree of having AD4X4 membership fees?

Agree
45%
Disagree
55%

Total votes: 11

Rizvi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Rizvi »

interesting discussion. first of its kind on the forum.

Ad4x4 is probably the best clubs on the planet...the way its managed...the members - i dont think there is any other club out there in which everyone is as nice to each other..as much as they are in this club.

Rest assured.....any member after staying with the club only for a few months....feels the dire need to contribute in return.....after getting so much in advance in a complete selfless manner. I believe most members of the club feel compelled to help out in whatever capacity they can.

rgds.

Desert_Dragon
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Desert_Dragon »

Rizvi wrote:interesting discussion. first of its kind on the forum.

Ad4x4 is probably the best clubs on the planet...the way its managed...the members - i dont think there is any other club out there in which everyone is as nice to each other..as much as they are in this club.

Rest assured.....any member after staying with the club only for a few months....feels the dire need to contribute in return.....after getting so much in advance in a complete selfless manner. I believe most members of the club feel compelled to help out in whatever capacity they can.

rgds.
Thanks and appeciate it :idea:
Dodge Ram 2007 my First toy at AD4X4

Now Ford Raptor 2012

humsafar77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by humsafar77 »

Jut wanted to say,

relations can never be made by force, friendships and relations are all voluntarily and comes from deep inside.

The most important thing above all is that, " WE LOVE EACH OTHER ENJOY THE COMPANY AND WANT TO SPEND EVERY WEEK END TOGETHER" just to escape from hectic work schedules and tensions

Do you agree guys???

Oh!! Then what is it humsafar???

hmmmm,    It is a Desert Ride................................

Tweety
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tweety »

Hey Dodge ram u have really great ideas but thats all what u have .....I can not see the CONTIBUTOR word under your lonely star :twisted:
be wise.... buy a Jeep

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

I like Mike's idea, 100 Dhr a year per star. Makes sense, the more stars you have, the more options for trips you have, and the more benefits you get back from the club. Newbie you can only do newbie trips, intermediates you have 2 options, etc... I think your renewal date for your fees should be on your anniversary date. If you get an upgrade within 6 months after you paid your fees, you should pay an extra 100 Dhr for that star for that year. If you get that upgrade within the 6 months before your next anniversary date, you could pay 50Dhr for the rest of that year and then on renewal date you pay full fee. Since I like that idea my-self, and I have been upgraded to intermediates a few months back, I will contribute another 100Dhr on my next trip. I think 100 Dhr only at newbie level once if not enough for what you get in return. Those who don't want to contribute, like it was said before by somebodyelse, they will be stuck at newbie level. If they want more action but don't want to contribute more, they can always pay a safari company 200 Dhr for a trip in the back seat. Nothing like being behind the steering wheel! This club is so well organised, and it costs money to keep it that way. This website is the heart of the club, and the marshals and people who dedicate their time to make the club better are the brains. Without this website, what could we do? Of course sponsors are vital too! Fund raising activities are cool too ( car wash by cute women in bikini after a ride in the desert, 50Dhr a truck would be a good idea! hehehe I think I am dreaming here! ). Picture contest for a calendar, weither we submit picture of our own jeep category or pictures we have taken. Could sell them on the website and the 4x4 shops! Auctions of items from sponsors ( ARB, etc... ). Anyway, not sure if my comments have their place in this topic, but at least feels good taking about it.

Desert_Dragon
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Desert_Dragon »

Jo wrote:
Dodge_ram wrote:....learn how to talk to people….
Dearest Dodge-ram,

.. I know how to talk and how to gain and keep respect, do you?

Every free forum has its rules and regulation like every club has. Currently you are violating both.
Getting personal and hiding behind frases like "no hard feeling" is a sign of cowardness.

Buddy, you offended me! I am curious how you want to recover.

Jo

Sorry if you get offended.....take it easy..

Open subject

Now Ford Raptor 2012

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

humsafar77 wrote:Jut wanted to say,

relations can never be made by force, friendships and relations are all voluntarily and comes from deep inside.

The most important thing above all is that, " WE LOVE EACH OTHER ENJOY THE COMPANY AND WANT TO SPEND EVERY WEEK END TOGETHER" just to escape from hectic work schedules and tensions

Do you agree guys???
100% AGREE
AD4X4
THE CLUB THAT CARES

Desert_Dragon
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Desert_Dragon »

Tweety wrote:Hey Dodge ram u have really great ideas but thats all what u have .....I can not see the CONTIBUTOR word under your lonely star :twisted:

She caught me:D :D :D

Yeah because i meet islam twice one my first trip second in open season trip....insalla i will do my contirbution next trip :oops:

Now Ford Raptor 2012

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Buddy,

I have seen your previous, deleted/edited post...

You took the wrong turn... Call for recovery!

Jo
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

MrsLionbar
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by MrsLionbar »

Dear Dodge_ram

The whole idea of this club as far as I can make out is to have fun in the dunes and socialize with a great group of people. If you start asking people for a membership fee they will start expecting more and more from the family (and yes a lot of people consider this a family and not a club) and as it has been said it is a hobby not a living, the contributions as I understand it are to keep this website going.

The marshals give their time and experience freely expecting nothing back in return but a word of thanks and to know you have enjoyed your time in the desert.

If a membership fee was introduced then it would be a lot more than what you have said as it would only be fair to pay the marshals for their time and energy (hay Marshals maybe this isn't such a bad idea for you after all :D :D :D ) and being upgraded would be a lot harder.

Its a nice idea for a perfect world, however this is not a perfect world. We contribute when and where we can and make it accessible to everyone :wink:

Desert_Dragon
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Desert_Dragon »

MrsLionbar wrote:Dear Dodge_ram

The whole idea of this club as far as I can make out is to have fun in the dunes and socialize with a great group of people. If you start asking people for a membership fee they will start expecting more and more from the family (and yes a lot of people consider this a family and not a club) and as it has been said it is a hobby not a living, the contributions as I understand it are to keep this website going.

The marshals give their time and experience freely expecting nothing back in return but a word of thanks and to know you have enjoyed your time in the desert.

If a membership fee was introduced then it would be a lot more than what you have said as it would only be fair to pay the marshals for their time and energy (hay Marshals maybe this isn't such a bad idea for you after all :D :D :D ) and being upgraded would be a lot harder.

Its a nice idea for a perfect world, however this is not a perfect world. We contribute when and where we can and make it accessible to everyone :wink:

Well said....Marshall deserve to be paid for their trips, caring , orgnaising , recovery ....etc all on their shoulders

Now Ford Raptor 2012

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

Dodge_ram wrote:

Well said....Marshall deserve to be paid for their trips, caring , orgnaising , recovery ....etc all on their shoulders

Hi Dodge_ram,
what are you trying to do??? this is not what Mrslionbar is saying so please do not try to create a problem!
Thanks and keep cool

Wasabi

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Topic is locked

Post by khaiwi »

Enough is enough, regardless to the good intentions or hidden agendas, some Marshals were offended and the ideas about contributions were received and acknowledged too.

Discussions and answers here are not moving any where and nobody is getting any benefit out of the replies.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

:grr: :suicide:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Dodge_ram wrote:

NO Dodge, not always true. We might be giving it 110% of our time & effort because we love this. FOR ME, if money is involved, the thrill will be lost :roll:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek: