Prado or FJCruiser? SWB or LWB?

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Kalemero

Post by Kalemero »

mike0967 wrote:Aeh, where is this discussion going ? A Newcomer is asking for advise and recommendation here, no more, no less.

Just as a general statement, cars do not roll over because they are a car from brand X, they roll over because the driver was exceeding the limits of it, end of story please.

Just to conclude this a bit, if you are looking for a car that compromises between offroading and family needs, then you better go for LWB cars because of storage capacity. On the lower budgets we have

Prado VX 4.0l LWB, do not take the high end one, but the one with wheel on the back
Xterra 4.0l LWB, is already a bit lifted, has BFG tyres and seats 5 easy with luggage and is way cheaper than Prado

with a higher price tag you can buy Badrol or Landcruizer of course, LC more comfort, Badrol more offroad.

Mike
agree with you mike roll over happens when the driver exceed the limits or something wrong happened not from the car :)

well i own an Fj it has a massive power and the guy who said the prado is more ppowerfull than an fj THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME ENGine AND THE FJ IS lighter man :D common .

ok as desert_knight said 3 kids the will squeeze in the fj but if have a small family i would tell you go for an Fj , prado is goood with good resale value and maintenince and fuel econmy and .... toyota :D:D ver relaible ,

x teria is good also but i prefer the prado,

and if you have engough money go for patrol :twisted:
Zee Godzilla
15 Nissan SWB Fully modified & Ready

Its my way or the high way :D

heinz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by heinz »

Viking wrote:
heinz wrote:I guess the question is:
Are you going to use your 4x4 to spend time with your family? = LWB
Are you going to use your 4x4 to get away from your family? = SWB
And what if you dont have a family?

Well you still need some room for your lady friends ... but you also want something to have fun with the boys ... euuuh I would say Jeep XJ!! :twisted: :twisted:

TomL
Intermediate
Intermediate

FJ/Prado

Post by TomL »

Right. I kind of thought that might provoke a bit of debate...
Thank you all for your kind contributions.
I think I'm going to buy the FJ, because I like the way it looks so silly.
And my kids can just squash into the back.
But first, I'm going to borrow my friend's Prado for the ANIT this weekend, just to make sure!
Tom

Danbay
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Danbay »

Nooooooooo :( :( :( :( don't conform, everyone has an FJ, we don't need more ugly :yuck:

Sorry :oops: I over reacted

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

I've kept my beak out of this one as my opinion is biased - most of the vehicles mentioned are more than adequate and will serve you well, however as an Fj driver I can only say.... FJ's rock!!!

TomL - wise move my man and look forward to seeing you out and about in your new ride :wink: :wink: Any advice you need, just push the button!
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

The problem with FJ's and Wranglers is they are boring, and these are the reasons why................

1) They dont get stuck.......................Often
2) They dont get stuck on crests.........Often
3) Nothing falls off them....................Mostly
4) They come back at night looking very similair to the way they left in the morning.........Generally

What you need to buy is a vehicle which you never know quite whats going to happen next................ Now thats adventure....!!!!

Have Fun.................

halwa

Post by halwa »

Nice one Andy :peak:

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

Way to go TomL.

The FJs the best bet around. Great on road comfort and a great off road experience.

No extra mods needed at all.

Bags of Torque will get you up any dune you fancy and you can still drive to Dubai without getting your bones shaken.

Good sensible ground clearance for any kind of terrain. Aso check out the FJ-UAE .com website. Its our own FJ club in the UAE

The best part of driving an FJ is that nobody will mess with you on the roads. Guys see you coming in their rear view mirrors will move out of your way. Trust me.

And Sucide Doors -- Every boys dream come true.

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

andleadunn wrote:The problem with FJ's and Wranglers is they are boring, and these are the reasons why................

4) They come back at night looking very similair to the way they left in the morning.........Generally

What you need to buy is a vehicle which you never know quite whats going to happen next................ Now thats adventure....!!!!

:newlol:

But i have to disagree. Despite i'm a happy JK owner, you never know if your wrangler will bring you back home. This is valid for both TJ and JK... Reliability is a japaneese thing, as much as boring is... :wink:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Tom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tom »

andleadunn wrote:The problem with FJ's and Wranglers is they are boring, and these are the reasons why................

You are talking about Jeep Wranglers? The only thing less reliable than a Land Rover is a Jeep.

Tom (Not TomL)

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

wasifahmed wrote:The best part of driving an FJ is that nobody will mess with you on the roads. Guys see you coming in their rear view mirrors will move out of your way. Trust me.
Hehehe, kidding eh? Just wait till you have me in front :mrgreen:
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Danbay
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Danbay »

wasifahmed wrote: Bags of Torque will get you up any dune you fancy and you can still drive to Dubai without getting your bones shaken.
I just have to say I just looked it up and the Xterra has more Horse Power, and more Torque, but the same gas mileage, plus the Xterra comes without the ugly
:lol:

Triplod
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Triplod »

Short Wheel Base Prado
Bumpers and small lift, will go anywhere

Regards Triplod

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

good call Dan the man!
And I have to say, if the FJ ever became a non option for me, I reckon I'd be having a pretty good look at an Xterra. Surprising really there aren't more in the club..?

As to the boringness of the japanesie rice rockets - give me boring any day! :twisted:
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

Nahhash
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nahhash »

wasifahmed wrote:Way to go TomL.

The FJs the best bet around. Great on road comfort and a great off road experience.

No extra mods needed at all.

Bags of Torque will get you up any dune you fancy and you can still drive to Dubai without getting your bones shaken.

Good sensible ground clearance for any kind of terrain. Aso check out the FJ-UAE .com website. Its our own FJ club in the UAE

The best part of driving an FJ is that nobody will mess with you on the roads. Guys see you coming in their rear view mirrors will move out of your way. Trust me.

And Sucide Doors -- Every boys dream come true.
Sure talking about the FJ? 8O , read the name well
MOHAMMAD