2nd vehicle ownership

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
TINTIN

2nd vehicle ownership

Post by TINTIN »

I am just wondering what the procedure is for owning a second vehicle in Abu Dhabi.
I have checked on the police website and it doesn't mention anything about this so can anybody tell me what the procedure is?
It will be a second hand vehicle so I guess it is slightly different than the procedue for a new one yes?
Thanks guys.
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Fredoz

Re: 2nd vehicle ownership

Post by Fredoz »

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing special about owning a second vehicle.
I have 2 (both second hand) and the procedure was the same: arrange insurance, inspection at Muroor by seller, transfer of ownership with seller at Muroor (need employment certificate from your sponsor).

Cheers

sherif78

Post by sherif78 »

Who owned a second hand car as a start, I can say definitely next car must be brand new coz of what he had that much trouble fixing / waiting for her at mechanics and workshops and spending lots of lsot money to get it move again.
anyways, nothing different to own a 2nd car. just they don't allow expatriates to own 3 cars.
good luck.
Sherif
050 386 20 80
Nissan Patrol SWB 2010 Gold

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

Yep agree with all above, I had 2 cars in my name for a while and there was no issue, just go to Muroor with all the paperwork and get it registered.

Andy.... :D

Xtreme
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Xtreme »

It depends where you are registering, Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
In Abu Dhabi I think they ask for an employment certificate and they don't agree on 2 cars for some professions.
In Dubai it's quite simple, I have 2 registered cars, just with your passport copy and License you can register a second car (either first or second owner) on the same file number you already have, even in renewal they ask only for your license and insurance, simpler than Abu Dhabi.
:cheers1:
You will never never Know, If You never never Go.
Xtreme (aka Rober Raouf)
Black Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 2005 3.0L with 2" Old Man Emu
Mob.: +971 50 811 9940

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

Tell them its for the wife just got a license and needs experience.

They will sympathise with you.

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Thanks guys, I was sure there was no difference in procedure but just needed to know about the paperwork needed.
So I just take what I took with me for my registration as normal. Great.
Why not own a second hand car Sherif? As long as it has been taken care of there is no issue I think. :D

May do that wasif, but she don't have a license so I will be giving myself bad karma. :lol:
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

omar_kid77
Marshal
Marshal

Post by omar_kid77 »

TINTIN wrote:Thanks guys, I was sure there was no difference in procedure but just needed to know about the paperwork needed.
So I just take what I took with me for my registration as normal. Great.
Why not own a second hand car Sherif? As long as it has been taken care of there is no issue I think. :D

May do that wasif, but she don't have a license so I will be giving myself bad karma. :lol:

Well buddy I just registered my car (it’s the second one in my name) and the maximum of cars should registered in the expat name is two cars only.
and they are not requesting any employment letter any more just they will check your passport & residence visa copy with insurance and inspection that’s all.
Mabrooook for the new car. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
It's not the car, it's the driver WHO can make it.
Omar Daoud 050 4120334

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

wasifahmed wrote:Tell them its for the wife just got a license and needs experience.

They will sympathise with you.
Bad idea :mrgreen:

Xtreme u are correct :wink:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

A bit OT but interesting. whenever I go to get my cars re regestered and they look up the system and say Sir you have 4000 D woth of speeding tickets to pay.

I go Damm must be my wife I'll never let her drive again and they immediately sympathise and do a 50 % reduction on the fines.

For future reference for members in a similar situation.

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

wasifahmed wrote:A bit OT but interesting. whenever I go to get my cars re regestered and they look up the system and say Sir you have 4000 D woth of speeding tickets to pay.

I go Damm must be my wife I'll never let her drive again and they immediately sympathise and do a 50 % reduction on the fines.

For future reference for members in a similar situation.
Waif.. immediately sympathise and do a 50 % reduction on the fines. I DON"T AGREE
Reduction can be done ONLY through the court judge which is a time wasting procedure it take a full day ....