Google Earth Image for your GPS

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Pierre
Advanced
Advanced

Google Earth Image for your GPS

Post by Pierre »

I have downloaded the satellite image of a good part of the UAE from Google Earth. It is the level 15 of Gogole Earth corresponding to a resolution slightly better than 4m. It is possible to see the gravel track and bigger. So it is convenient to find the best way to cast the tarmac or going around a farm area. It is also sufficient to evaluate the type of terrain and dune. Currently I have available the all North part of UAE: Abu Dhabi / Kasab / Sohar
Al Khatim Zoom 15.JPG
I have also started some spots at zoo 17, better than 1m resolution, and on this one you can spot bush by bush, and evaluate dune by dune with the small tracks. You can also quite easily guess where there is a gate or a hole in a fence! You will even guess the center white line on the Tarmac road in the example bellow. Of course for this one I do not have yet all UAE, I have currently only the Area Sweihan / Al Khazna / Al Faya.
Al Khatim Zoom 17.JPG
I am using it for offroading on my GPS using Oziexplorer. But there is several possiblity to convert it in different formats, depending on the GPS and the software you are using, but obviously it has to accept imported maps/images.

Zips files are not that small (300/ 500MB depending on the format) so I have not checked yet how to make them avaialble on the long run, but if you are inerested let me know, we will find a way to exchange it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Google Earth Image for your GPS

Post by MooD »

Pierre ............. I would like to have the Same GPS could you PM me About Its Model

Thanx :mrgreen:
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

Pierre
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Pierre »

I am using a regular PDA with GPS in my case that's an Airis T620 ...It s kind of old fashionned, now many moved to smartphone / blackberry

But basically the software that I use can run on PDA With Windows CE or Windows Mobile.

There is also proably other softs / GPS accepting to have images as input, but I do not know them.

Xtreme
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Xtreme »

Hi Pierre,
I have the same PDA GPS, running on windows ce 5.0, so if you think it will work, please send it by email or tell me how to meet you anywhere.
Thank you Pierre.
:cheers1:
You will never never Know, If You never never Go.
Xtreme (aka Rober Raouf)
Black Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 2005 3.0L with 2" Old Man Emu
Mob.: +971 50 811 9940

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

I am currently experimenting with the treckbuddy SW. It is available for diferent mobiles (Nokia & BB).
could you send me the zip-files pls?

Tks

Jo
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

I have the same images on my I phone 3GS.

Interesting Hmmmmmmm :x :x :x
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com