Another Registration Question

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Another Registration Question

Post by Mac »

It appears I have sold my Disco. As I am here on an Abu Dhabi visa and the new owner is also, when I take it to Lic. Dept for testing and handing over ownership, do I have to take the plates off, the new owner is going to use the Insurance until it expires in November. Thanks Mal.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

defender
Advanced
Advanced

Post by defender »

if u take the number plate this means new insurance and new registration for the next buyer, if u will keep the number plate and u want to give it to the new owner then if there is still valid insurance u should go the insurance and change the insurance from ur name to the buyer name and sometimes the insurance dont agree depends on the buyer age and driving license if it is new or issued from RAK(ppl from RAK charegd higher insurance rates)

Ahmed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ahmed »

Hi Mal,

If the insurance is from AXA(NORWICH UNION) then forget about insurance transfer -- they just don't transfer it. If your insurance is from any other company call them and ask that if they would transfer the remaining period to the new owner. They will ask a copy of the new drivers license to check his/her age. They might charge you a nominal fee for insurance transfer. Once transfered then you can get the car directly transfered to the new owner in the traffic dept without even going for the technical inspection. Make sure the new owner if any expat has an employment letter from his company plus his passport and driving license. Need to bring a copy of passport and driving license also.
Incase you have any doubts call me i just went thru this procedure a few days back!

Thanks and Regards !

Ahmed (050)-614-1696

H3

Post by H3 »

Ahmed wrote:Hi Mal,

If the insurance is from AXA(NORWICH UNION) then forget about insurance transfer -- they just don't transfer it. If your insurance is from any other company call them and ask that if they would transfer the remaining period to the new owner. They will ask a copy of the new drivers license to check his/her age. They might charge you a nominal fee for insurance transfer. Once transfered then you can get the car directly transfered to the new owner in the traffic dept without even going for the technical inspection. Make sure the new owner if any expat has an employment letter from his company plus his passport and driving license. Need to bring a copy of passport and driving license also.
Incase you have any doubts call me i just went thru this procedure a few days back!

Thanks and Regards !

Ahmed (050)-614-1696

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

thanks guys, invaluable advice, pleased i do not have to wait for the vehicle test again.!!!
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Ahmed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ahmed »

Hi Malpatt,

If u need to get the technical inspection then you will have to wait depending on what time u go for the transfer. If you go early morning u might get done fast otherwise if you are there between 3:00pm & 4:00pm u will get thru quickly. Anytime after 4:00 especially on the first day of the week gets very crowded.

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Ahmed, I intend to transfer Insurance to new owner from my company, as the Disco is registered/tested till Nov do I still need the technical inspection?
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

H3

Post by H3 »

As far as I know Mal you will still have to have the Tecnical Inspection in order to transfer to new owner. We did last year when we sold our previous car.
Plate No stays the same.

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Hemm, well we sold a car in the last 4 months and it was already expired to a guy from dubai so he needed to export the car, anyways they told us that we had to do the test because it was goin to be exported, but i dont think a car that has like 9 months to expiry would need to have a test, but then if you have to take it in the morning or from 2-4 like ahmed said.

regarding the insurance, you can transfer the insurance and get to keep your plates ... Thats as far as i know ... Good luck man

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Thanks guys for the posts, definitive answer from my experience this morning. Transferred Insurance to new owner at 8am. 9am we were at Traffic Dept, As we are both on Abu Dhabi visas and car is registered in Abu Dhabi and tested until November 2007, we just had to transfer ownership. This took 10 minutes from start to finish. NO vehicle examination required. Mal :P :P
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350