A Must have Off-Road Gear. Your check list.

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Well guys, I think we get a tipe popout at least once in every trip, Water is the best or you can also use wet wipes ..

Thanks Hummergirl ... keep on writing and get used to the guys and girls here. We should see you and the family in a trip
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

Bulldozer wrote:
megamoe wrote:
HummerGirl wrote:Can I add some form of lubricant (for when the tyre goes off the rim) and cable ties???
Hi welcome to the club Hummer Girl, you can use either WD40 or water both will do, as for the tie or the bungee ropes they're essential in case you carry allot of things, in my case, wrangler owner i don't have such problem :mrgreen:
Mega WD40 prove to be BAD due accumulate more dust & sand than lubricate things, its better to use a Dispenser spray cans or the cleaning spray used to clean electrical stuff which can clean without causing sand accumulation on the parts & cause more damage later
u have to use the water before the wd40 thats obbvious, beside that i've been using WD40 for more than 2 years offroading and didnt have a problem. its proven by whom, bulldozer labs of accumlative sand! :mrgreen:
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

That was proved in aircraft maintenance Labs not Bulldozer Labs, Mega in Aviation industry proved that WD40 with Hi temp. will burnt & sticks to the movable parts will cause damage to the seals, pickings & out of balance also when its wet in dusty or sandy weather will accumulate sand on it, at the beginning yes it will help then will cause the damage

can we move this to the technical forum :?:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Big Foot
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Big Foot »

Might add a flash light to the list, you never know when you will need light at night (even for day trips that end after darkness :lol: )

sniper

Post by sniper »

all have been taken, but the most important is to bring your self.
Jeep KJ OME lift kit, mopar cat back, mopar cold air intake,BFG A/T<br>Jeep ZJ OME lift kit, K&N filter, Daytona Rim, BFG A/T 31", Garmi 276C<br><br>"My jeep is not an SUV....Your SUV is not a Jeep"

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

sniper wrote:all have been taken, but the most important is to bring your self.
And ur sense of humour
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

It is prohibited By the EMPORER !

Post by FearUAE »

khaiwi wrote:
sniper wrote:all have been taken, but the most important is to bring your self.
And ur sense of humour
:roll:

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

OK, now lets revise the list again ...

1. Your car should be in a very good condition.
2. You should make sure that you have front and rear towing points.
3. a rated towing rope (8000 KG +) ONLY FROM ACE OR ARB and make sure they are 8000 KG not less. (AED 99 in ACE and AED 240 in ARB)
4. Rated Shackles 5000 KG + .. The ones they are selling in ACE is 3.5 Tons and they break .. Better get it from the Marine shops or a shop called Juamaa trading in Najda Street beside RAFCO Building. (AED 40 each)
5. Basic Tool kit from ACE or a professional shop (AED 100 - 200)
6. Air compressor (Bushranger) again from ACE or ARB (AED 600 - 900)
7. Deflators (ARB AED 220)
8. Flash light (Any kind)
9. Gloves
10. Fold-able shovel
11. Fire Extinguisher (The club sells them for AED 35)
12. Tire Gauge

Your Mobile should be fully charged and use the same number that you added when you book a place in the trip ... The list of mobile numbers are given to the Marshals before each trip ... Also please keep the mobile number of the trip Marshal with you ... You don't know when you will need it.

The above are the basic items ... You can add 100 of items to the list ... But those are the most important items ..

Don't throw those items in your car, they will fly on the first dune and might hurt you or your passenger, make sure that all your offroad gear are in one box and the box is placed tightly in your car ... You can cover it with a cargo net or tie it with one of those bungee ropes which you can get from ACE as well.

Please note that we do not recommend the 4x4 items that they sell in department supermarkets as they are not offroad rated.

Sense of humer is most important, we are a free club, we are a group of people who love fun and enjoy week ends together, so if you want to join us you should be part of the FAMILY

Jax

Post by Jax »

You know I have most of them now, Iguana!
Busy planning my next shopping trip to the Mod shop - :D

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Jax wrote:You know I have most of them now, Iguana!
Busy planning my next shopping trip to the Mod shop - :D
Well, we are the modification advisor .. don't go to any shop without consulting us

Jax

Post by Jax »

:lol: :lol: Wouldn't dream of it unless I had a member along with me to make sure I was getting the right stuff - failing that, having all info written down so I didn't get it wrong :lol: :lol:

MrsFJ

Post by MrsFJ »

Just to give you a wee bit of a chuckle - my husband is a bit of an 'old skool' sand driver. He doesn't use a plank of wood as a jackboard, he uses his na'al (arabic slippers), one on top of the other at 90 degree angles! He says it works a treat!

He does have kinda big feet though. I doubt it would work as well with my size four flip flops from Accessorise!

I told him I was off to Ikea to buy a wooden chopping board to put under my jack and he nearly split his sides open laughing. I'll show him!! One day I'll be pulling his Patrol out of the sand with my FJ!! (Or maybe not, but I can dream, can't I?) :D

Have a nice day y'all.

Mrs FJ

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

MrsFJ wrote:Just to give you a wee bit of a chuckle - my husband is a bit of an 'old skool' sand driver. He doesn't use a plank of wood as a jackboard, he uses his na'al (arabic slippers), one on top of the other at 90 degree angles! He says it works a treat!
There are lots of things that you can use ... Another idea is to use the car mats or just put some rocks and stones under the jack.
MrsFJ wrote:I told him I was off to Ikea to buy a wooden chopping board to put under my jack and he nearly split his sides open laughing
I did the same when I read it as well ... Girl , the chopping board will not take the weight of the car, it will break from the first minute ... you need a piece of strong wood from a Carpenter.
MrsFJ wrote:I'll show him!! One day I'll be pulling his Patrol out of the sand with my FJ!! (Or maybe not, but I can dream, can't I?) :D
Well, for sure one day you will do this ... Join some trips and learn sand driving

MrsFJ

Post by MrsFJ »

OK, point taken :oops: ! In my defense though, those Ikea chopping boards are really heavy duty!! On hindsight however, I can see that perhaps they would not support the weight of a Nissan Patrol!

The hubbster is away for a few days, which is why I'm trying to figure this kit out by myself. I think perhaps I'll give the 5/10 trip a miss and join you on the next one after he's come back and helped me with all the stuff I need!

MrsFJ

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

If you need any help just ask and we will help you in buying your items (Jax who is also an Abu Dhabi Women member) can also assist you, she is an under training Marshal and by now knows what you really need