Overland to Lima, Mussandam??

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
keitho

Overland to Lima, Mussandam??

Post by keitho »

Hello All,

I was wondering if it is possible to reach Lima, some places spell it Leema, in Mussandam by an overland route. Was looking on google earth (the source of all inspiration!!) and it showed a black top road leading out of Lima to a dirt track heading for a wadi SSW of Lima village. I couldn't follow the entire dirt track to any road on google earth.

So my question is....is it possible to reach Lima overland by vehicle or is it only accessible by sea?? Also has anyone been there and is it worth the effort?? Would like to go camping there..also heard it is famous for pottery but that not really my thing.. :D

Cheers,
keitho

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: Overland to Lima, Mussandam??

Post by Viking »

Just came from Musandam after a weekend trip but we did Jabal Hamir (I think it is called) and Khor Najd only.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Tawalbeh
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Tawalbeh »

Impossible to reach Lima by any wheel vehicle. The easiest way to park your car in Dibba(Omani Dibba) and take the boat to Leema around the mountain. A nice quite place if you plan to reset your hearing system! The people there are very friendly. I have a good (Leemian) friend living there. Let me know if you are intested to take his number. He can help you while there...
It is about what is right not who's right
BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

keitho

Post by keitho »

Thanks guys ..looks like i'll be taking a boat trip so.

cheers,
keitho