any gruop order for FJ'S

Itemas wanted and Group Orders
braveheart
Advanced
Advanced

Re: any gruop order for FJ'S

Post by braveheart »

here is my list (I have to apply for a loan from my bank to pay for this)

4-AIRAID Throttle Body Spacer
[p/n 510-624]
$129.99

maddog, do you still have the part number for the dry airfilter?

Thanks
Walid
There is only one BRAVEHEART in this club

braveheart
Advanced
Advanced

Post by braveheart »

use this email to contact purefj

bill@pureautogroup.com

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

cheers Walid

re the filter, I didn't get it from PureFJ, it was through a group order on FJforums...but let me see if I can find it somewhere....

For starters its a AFe Pro S Dry. Part number to come...
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

Well Walid going by the size of the boxes it came in I guessed was round 100 Kg.

That guy Bill Agha has yet to answer me on my Icon request. And about them vaiving their shipping keep dreaming.

Also that TBS is not worth the money its not gonna give you any boost in power or torque its just a gimmic ask others who have installed one.

Thanks Maddog for the contacts for George I will be calling him tomorrow.

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

wasifahmed wrote: Also that TBS is not worth the money its not gonna give you any boost in power or torque its just a gimmic ask others who have installed one.
Gimmic?
Wrong.
Granted the performance claims are questionable and could only be verified by dyno. Ok.

However, an unfortunate aspect of the TRD/aFe intake is the the tube can sometimes remove itself from the filter box due to the engine torquing or twisting under load, and then my friend your fancy dan intake is breathing pure 100% UAE sand. 8O
A side benefit of the TBS is that it squeezes up the tube more between the throttle body and the filter box ie there's less space for the tube to twist out. It locks it in there nice and tight.

I've seen 2 tubes popped off without the driver even knowing :(

PS I have a TBS and very happy with it, and one very rigid and sand proof intake system for me.

You have now been warned :twisted:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

purefjcruiser

Post by purefjcruiser »

Wasif,

You have an email in your mail box. Sorry it took so long, but international shipping is not a fun thing to figure out. Rates keep going up. We do have a new company that we can ship with large shipments that is reasonably priced. If we have a big enough order to ship all at once.

Walid,

Thanks for the link to this website.

All,

Please make sure you send me an email if you need anything and do not feel bad about sending multiple emails. email: bill@pureautogroup.com

Happy Ramadan. I am fasting too!

Kalemero

Post by Kalemero »

:D

first welcome purefj to our club :) and thanks to waleed for introducing you to our wonderfull club .

well the TBS i think it is worth it and thenks maddog for the explaination and yeah it happened for me that the tube had been disconnected the filter and had a rough time to refix it again , it happened to me with the AFE filter but the KNN didnt face this problem :)
Zee Godzilla
15 Nissan SWB Fully modified & Ready

Its my way or the high way :D

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

WOW! Thanks for turning up in our part of the world Bill, good stuff, and well done Walid.
And of course, welcome!!

As you can see, we're just getting the list together prior to submitting the order....

oh, and thanks for the prompt reply to my email re the Exp 1 bumper :okaay:
maddog@ad4x4.com

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

Hi Bill thanks for the shipping quote the 7 day rate is much better sounding . Will you be matching the price that Outlaw is offering on the ICON Stage 1 setup ?

Maddog regarding the TBS do you actually feel any increase in performance? This is applicable if one fits this thing on after driving the car for a while with the CAI and Cat Back. If you had all three installed at one go its hard to tell what is giving you what responce.BTW I got teh Mebar Custom Bumpstops installed as well last week.

I don't have a TBS on as yet so maybe I might buy one later and see if it actually adds anything to the power or to economy otherwise all that I have read on them says they are not really worth the money.

So guys are we ready to consolidate the order and ask Bill for a shipping quote on it ?

PS Walid can you please elaborate on the Import Duty componenet.

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

Sheeeez you can be hard work sometimes Wasif!!!
Maddog regarding the TBS do you actually feel any increase in performance? This is applicable if one fits this thing on after driving the car for a while with the CAI and Cat Back. If you had all three installed at one go its hard to tell what is giving you what responce.

I'll tell you, again. In simple terms -
I did not fit the TBS for performance reasons. I don't care. Its not a gimmick.
So guys are we ready to consolidate the order and ask Bill for a shipping quote on it ?
This is Kalemero's thread, he said he's going to let it run for four days. Give others a chance to sign on man, the more the better for us.
So let Kalemero decide when to close it.

:grr: :grr: :suicide:
maddog@ad4x4.com

purefjcruiser

Post by purefjcruiser »

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have not been to dubahi as of yet, although my brother seems to go there a lot. One day!

TBS does help a little but do not expect huge numbers. I dynoed one on a chevy S10, V6 with a 4.3L vortec and we saw a 3 hp gains. Given every hp counts on these heavy vehicles it was worth it. The gain with the stock air intake. There was not a cold air intake for the truck to see if the benefits are greater or worse.

I will gladly work on getting better shipping once we know what is all invloved in packaging and shipping. The chepest would be shipping to a main airport, and letting you guys manage the customs and imprt fees. I'll gladly do all the necessary paperwork for you as well.

Thank you!

braveheart
Advanced
Advanced

Post by braveheart »

I had my CAI popt out during one of the trips, and thanks to banna who helped me fix it again, it took us one hour to be fixed again, now when on trips I check it on every stop.

So am not after performance, but reliability and safety, and will shift to dry one.

Thanks maddog for the info, will see if Bill can provide the same, I'll get 2

Regards
Walid

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

So guys what is the current status on this group order thing. There is a friend of mine who was also keen on joining this order. Have asked him to sign up here and post his list.

Walid .....is Bill gonna waive teh shipping on this by any chance ??

braveheart
Advanced
Advanced

Post by braveheart »

wasifahmed wrote:So guys what is the current status on this group order thing. There is a friend of mine who was also keen on joining this order. Have asked him to sign up here and post his list.

Walid .....is Bill gonna waive teh shipping on this by any chance ??
Wasif,

I suggest we finalize the shopping list first, and then negotiate this matter with Bill.

Regards
Walid

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

Walid, sorry mate, I foolishly haven't kept the part number for the filter - and I've been digging around on the aFe website, and i cant even find ANY Pro-Dry S filters, let alone the one that fits.

I'll keep looking...
maddog@ad4x4.com