desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

FJ Cruiser All-Pro group order

Post by desert_hawk »

Hi guys & gals,
I am thinking of making an order from All-Pro

http://www.allprooffroad.com/

They have items for some Toyota models, mainly for FJC, if you are interested, plz review their web site and post me here or via PM about what you want, this way we can save some $$$ (not you Shafiq ;) ) on shipping and might be able to get some discount from them.

For other members who are not interested in such order, plz do not hijack it with INTERESTING comments. thank you.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Re: FJ Cruiser All-Pro group order

Post by maddog »

Damn you to hell ;) ;) :twisted:
I don't need anything right now, bu the AP website has sooo much nice stuff.....
What're you looking at getting?
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

maddog wrote:Damn you to hell ;) ;) :twisted:
I don't need anything right now, bu the AP website has sooo much nice stuff.....
well....ummmm......i sent the an inquiry about
1. full skid plates
2. front bumper
3. wheel spacers
4. front timbren bumpstop
5. and may be rock guards...

may be i went mad or something, anyhow, this is just to check how much is the shipping, the final order will be different
but there response to emails is BBBBAAAAAAADDDDDDD, and they promise to respond on the phone but they don't really, will see how it goes.
by the way, i am not an expert in this, and as my FJ mentor in AD4x4, if you have any comment on the above items, or advice, plz feel free to say so, would appreciate it ;)

ahhh, and hell can wait for me, still have more mods to do :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
FJCRUISER

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

SCORPIO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SCORPIO »

desert_hawk wrote:
1. full skid plates
2. front bumper
3. wheel spacers

may be i went mad or something, anyhow, this is just to check how much is the shipping, the final order will be different
but there response to emails is BBBBAAAAAAADDDDDDD, and they promise to respond on the phone but they don't really, will see how it goes.
by the way, i am not an expert in this, and as my FJ mentor in AD4x4, if you have any comment on the above items, or advice, plz feel free to say so, would appreciate it ;)

ahhh, and hell can wait for me, still have more mods to do :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
hi mate

with what you did in your car
and what you'r ordering, think about getting fender flares

see you
YOU CAN NEVER SET OUT TO GET OUT FROM THIS LIFE ALIVE

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

SCORPIO wrote: hi mate

with what you did in your car
and what you'r ordering, think about getting fender flares

see you
thanks Scorpio,
i did think of it, but with the snorkel in, no one can fit it here properly, unless they cut it and they won't do it professionally, it will end up looking very ugly
and i am not gonna loose my beautiful and practical snorkel for a fender flare ;)
may be later from a local supplier, not a priority as it will not affect the performance :twisted:
thanks again, open for any suggestion and appreciate it from all
FJCRUISER

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

desert_hawk wrote:
1. full skid plates
2. front bumper
3. wheel spacers

Gday man, I'm heading off to London shortly, not enough time to reply to you properly - I get back to you tomorrow from there...
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

maddog wrote: Gday man, I'm heading off to London shortly, not enough time to reply to you properly - I get back to you tomorrow from there...
thanks, will be waiting for ur reply :D
have a safe journey and update me about the weather as well, will be heading there in 4 days
FJCRUISER

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

London weather in three words - cold, overcast, dreary. Although I was also here last week in bright sunshine! :coool:

Your shopping list sounds interesting, hope it works out. I'll comment for what its worth, but end of the day you get what you think you need or want... I will say alot of AP's products are focused towards the rock crawling segment, so not always what we need in the dunes, but thats not to say they don't have some good stuff.

1. full skid plates
AP's skids are steel, therefore heavy. But strong also ie rockcrawling
2. front bumper
Excellent low profile steel bumper, one of the lightest out there. The modular design good for shipping. Their first design had some problems and causing deformation on the bodywork - but I understand thats been sorted now. Weight is the most attractive aspect.
3. wheel spacers
spidertrax, plenty of people here with spidertrax on jeeps etc. Loctite is your friend
Yeah these are interesting, I came close to pulling the trigger on a set a while back, but ended up unconvinced if they could do the job I needed. mainly cause mant hadn't used them and couldn't give an informed review. I have heard they're quite "springy"
Are you talking rock rails, or the rock guards they have for the diff, shocks etc?
Rock rails - anything is good to get rid of those horrible running boards we have.
Rock guards - for rocks. ;)

Keep me in the loop as to how the order is going, maybe I should throw in and get a set of Timbrens also
maddog@ad4x4.com

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

OK, here it is, shipping charges for the items I mentioned up is: shipping charges come out to $975.45 through UPS.

The weight is
Total weight is 291 pounds.
The front bumper is 94 pounds, the light bar is 12 pounds.
The transmission skid plate is 12 pounds , the IFS skid plate 55 pounds and the transfer case skid plate is 26 pounds.

If anyone interested plz send me PM with
item name, serial no. if available and price as mentioned in All_Pro web site, shipping ost will be distributed according to weight more or less to make it fare.

Final Order will be made by next Fri. (one week from now)
FJCRUISER

zabata

Post by zabata »

Mohamed,
i sent you a PM for my order....
thanks man.
Many are made by History , But Few make it!

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

zabata wrote:Mohamed,
i sent you a PM for my order....
thanks man.
PM noted, yes, i am outside the country, will be back by Thu
see you soon, will keep you posted about the order
FJCRUISER

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

Brian wrote:Picture of an FJ with fender flares and snorkle.
There was someone in US offering a template to trim the bushwhackers to accept a snorkel - think it was man-a-fre?

Desert Hawk - PM me before you fire off the order, maybe....
maddog@ad4x4.com

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Final order made, will keep people who made orders posted about the progress

and will post the final feedback here at a later stage
FJCRUISER

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

OK...updates :D
The order was made, received, 90% installed, and the guys who ordered with me received their orders.

In summery:
1. AllPro is a professional company (compared to many retailers here), staff very helpful and knowledgable.
2. Communication via email was very bad, they don't respond till you call them and notify them about the emails.
3. You have to check the quotation as some errors were noted in regards to items and had to be corrected.
4. Payment was done via bank transfer, no issues in this regards.
5. Shipment was through UPS, air freight, but the cost was not that expensive compared to sea freight.
6. Error was made in one of the items (bump stop), sent wrong item for another car, error corrected promptly and replacement received very quickly.
7. Items were installed (front bumper, front skid plate, wheel spacers) and they look great, waiting to install the bump stops to be able to give the final feedback.
8. Price was definitely cheaper than local retailers and I saved few $$$ at least, with better quality.

Would I recommend AllPro or order from them again? ...considering everthing...yes, definitely will do, but you need some patience.

Thanks to everyone who advised me on this post or via PMs, your info was of great help.
Last edited by desert_hawk on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FJCRUISER

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

Congrats for the parts. :)