Hub Centric Wheel spacers for JK wanted

Itemas wanted and Group Orders
wwadi
Advanced
Advanced

Hub Centric Wheel spacers for JK wanted

Post by wwadi »

Hi guys,

looking for 4 hub centric wheel spacers of around 1.25" - 1.5" for my 4dr JK. If anyone is looking to get rid of his please let me know.
Or a rear trackbar relocation bracket.

thanks,
WW

Sebastiaan
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Hub Centric Wheel spacers for JK wanted

Post by Sebastiaan »

Hey wwadi, long time no speak! Since DesNav actually :) I have seen your impressive dune basher and I have seen you drive and you seriosuly don't need to waste your good earned money on spacers. They'll just introduce a weakness and increase wear & tear on your vehicle. So when will you do your ANIT and start your career with AD4x4? :D
Toyota Fortuner on 2" high heels
050-6625490

wwadi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by wwadi »

Hi Bas,

thanks for the response. thanks for your kind words bud, still need to practice. I was hoping to attend my first ANIT last week, but i cannot due to rubbing of my rear tire with my rear swaybar links ( i installed longer links, im afraid of a flat due to the rubbing). the problem is with my 2" lift apparently my axle is not centered and the extended links are thick, plus i have 16" rims, all this together presents me a problem.So my best solution is a rear trackbar bracket to recenter the axle, i found a used one here but i am waitingfor a response from the member. Until i find a bracket/spacers i wont be able to do much offroading. That is why i am looking for wheel spacers. I know what you mean by the weakness introduced, based on my reasearch ive been doing for a while, the spacers needed are hub centric spacers, these will prevent any problems and should act as part of the wheel/rim itself. Until then i do not have much options and cannot attend any trips till i sort this out. :x which pisses me off.

that is why i need the spacers, i do not want to spend alot on them, hence i prefer someone who has used ones such as spider trax or rugged ridge.

thanks for your post buddy, looking forward to see you on a trip once i sort my issue out.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

Hey Wwadi!

just a recommendation:

sell your stock wheels and get some aftermarket wheels with less backspacing (ummm ... of course you need to get the aftermarket wheels first :lol: )

Ballistic wheels (sharjah quality) are not bad at all and are/were used by WM in their tornado kits ... cost around 450 per wheel.

wheelspacers used are rare ... and new not cheap enough to prefer them over a wheel change.

1"-1.25" spacers with stock wheels (stock backspacing) are NOT putting more strain and wear to your knuckles and unit bearings than any aftermaket wheel with less backspacing (than stock).
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

latief
Advanced
Advanced

Post by latief »

I bought my spidatrax 1.25' spacers from AEV for 1100 new.....I run stock Sahara rims with 285/70/17 tires with no rubbing whatsoever.....

good luck
2008 Wrangler JK
056-7148747

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

I would also recommend installing an after market wheel. It is much better than installing a spacer. 8-)

If you want to install a spacer however, Talk to the guys and International tire balance in Mussafah. They sell ready made and custom made spacers. :)
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

wwadi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by wwadi »

Thanks guys for your responses.

Ossme and SSS, the problem is that i have aftermarket wheels. I have the GT wheels found in sharjah. they are 16x10, i believe they have about 4.75 back spacing. But the real problem is not in my wheels or tires, after reviewing it with Hani (Antrax and Ossama of ranger) we realized that my axle is shifted to the left side a bit. I have also installed extended swaybars in the rear, so these swaybar links are tooo close to the tire for comfort. I have been searching everywhere for a tackbar relocation bracket but no luck. I know i can order online but it will take a while which will delay my ANIT. this thing is driving me nuts, so a short term solution i thought of is to use used spacers (hubcentric as per everyones advice) here is an example from another forum. I am having the same problem. Guys on that forum are saying that 4.75 backspacing is not enough and should be more. Hence i think running spacers for the next year or two might be the best until i change rims and upgrade tires.

Your advice is much appreciated Ossme and SSS.
Ossme can you also list the number of international tire please. cheers bud
I am kindof stuck, im afraid that under compression i can pop the tire. It is worth mentioning that it touched under full flex, i.e. driver side fully compressed and passenger side fully drooped.

i hope this explains my problem, im kinda confused if it is due to axle shift or wrong backspacing. So i am still looking for spacers or trackbar bracket.

thanks guys, your help and advice is appreciated.

wwadi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by wwadi »

Thanks guys for your responses.

Ossme, the problem is that i have aftermarket wheels. I have the GT wheels found in sharjah. they are 16x10, i believe they have about 4.75 back spacing. But the real problem is not in my wheels or tires, after reviewing it with Hani (Antrax and Ossama of ranger) we realized that my axle is shifted to the left side a bit. I have also installed extended swaybars in the rear, so these swaybar links are tooo close to the tire for comfort. I have been searching everywhere for a tackbar relocation bracket but no luck. I know i can order online but it will take a while which will delay my ANIT. this thing is driving me nuts, so a short term solution i thought of is to use used spacers (hubcentric as per everyones advice) ill try to post a pic today showing what i am talking about.

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

Sorry man, I have just read this.

Do you still face this problem ??
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

wwadi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by wwadi »

No problem buddy. Yes I actually am still facing this problem. Very scared of flexing it or compressing. The link is literally millimeters away from the true stationary. I am supposed to buy a trackbar relocation from Kermit to see if it fixes it but not sure if it will. Otherside is farther out but I think it's still close. Meaning the track bar relic. Bracket will get it even closer from the good side.

Really appreciate your help mate.