Mob:055 55 247 93

If you will follow that black, you will NEVER come back
Did 335 offroad trips till 1/10/2016

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Looking for Cooper STT - Dubai

Post by scotchyl »

I was up in sharjah yesterday getting some new tyres and can tell you some places.

If you take the road past sahara centre on your right then carry on until you go under the first main over pass there is the start of all the tyre shops. the second third and fourth shop on right after the bridge were offering STT at 800 each, but you could get lower if you barter. i got AT3 for 750 incl fitting then there is a balance shop a little further down which will do that for you for 280.

Now based on what car you have they have a number of options. I would however (having had STT's and spoken to many people) maybe expand my options a little. I have gone with the Cooper 285/75/16 AT3 rather than Cooper STTt 305/75/16. these are the below the STT in terms of tread but offer a better mix of ability. they dont dig as much in desert, less noise on road and far better grip when in wet. also you will notice a huge (and i am not overstating this) in the difference in the steering. the AT3 are much lighter to steer with and makes driving a pleasure.

Anyway that is my 2 fils worth and I am sure others will post there thoughts.

Hope that is of use.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Sean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sean »

Under no citrcumstances buy from shop called Chelsea.... they ripped me off and are a bunch of crooks, I checked all tyres as 2012 as going on car, they then changed tyres that were already fitted to the car while we were away paying, changed both rear right (less obvious to see) on mine + jaynes cars for old tyres..... :evil: didnt notice straight away, actually WM spotted it on mine, then i checked jaynes again, same :evil: .....since replaced these 2...

complain.....yes....result...They accepted no respopnsibility when i went back, its just a game to them.......The Muncipality dont give a..... either...

Live + learn....

Good luck in your search.. :)
2008 - 2011 Hummer H3 Adventure (2008) 3.7L – Off & On Road
2011 - 2012 Hummer H3 Adventure (2008) 5.3L V8 Off & On Road
2012 - 2014 Hummer H3 Adventure (2008) 5.3L V8 On Road
2012 - Jeep Wrangler (2012) Off and On Road

Mobile 050 12 44 976
What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

tajkeh

Post by tajkeh »

Thank you all ... no place to buy from "Dubai"?
Tareq Tajkeh
050 35 39 220
Nissan Xterra

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

yes i agree with Sean, be very careful of them all. I wanted tyres and agreed price etc. then he dropped the shell that the credit card machine did not work so he would go with me to cash machine. HAHA, i think not. he tried it a behold, the machine worked. anyhow i was concerned about the 12 marker and made sure they were right. the STT is more difficult to see on the tyre i think its in a circle and the last two digits should be 12 and the first two i think refer to either batch or week. :?
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Jayne
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jayne »

Tajkeh we got our 'replacement' tyres from a tyre shop next to Marina Home interiors - from mall of the emirates drive towards al kahil rd, last set traffic lights you will see Marina Home interior on the corner on the left, you will also see a Michelon sign, tyre shop in there sells 2012... Good service, reasonable price and not as far to drive...
ph 050 319 7386

2012 Jeep Wrangler 2012
2011-2012 Jeep Wrangler TJ
2008-2011 Hummer H3

Serge
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Serge »

Sean wrote:Under no citrcumstances buy from shop called Chelsea.... they ripped me off and are a bunch of crooks, I checked all tyres as 2012 as going on car, they then changed tyres that were already fitted to the car while we were away paying, changed both rear right (less obvious to see) on mine + jaynes cars for old tyres..... :evil: didnt notice straight away, actually WM spotted it on mine, then i checked jaynes again, same :evil: .....since replaced these 2...

complain.....yes....result...They accepted no respopnsibility when i went back, its just a game to them.......The Muncipality dont give a..... either...

Live + learn....

Good luck in your search.. :)

I had story getting damaged/fake ART/s for my Jimny in SHJ. Found out from Renessance that in this size it was never imported. Try to fight? Did not work the easy way. They dont care. You can open a case, and spend few month of your time running filling documents. Maybe you will get ur money back, but loose more on the gas and time :evil:

Sharjah Tire shops is a DANGER ZONE for sure.

In Dubai, police and consumer rights are lot better, so less risk of suck crap to happen.
Best to get directly from official distributor, to avoid any hassle - as you'd have ability to complain directly ro the manufacturer, and no one wants to lose his distributor rights.
Serge
Mobile: 055 222 71 70
Other Hobby: HAM Radio - A65BU

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

Or buy those Thunderer M/T tires ... much cheaper and for sure better than Chinese Cooper fakes !!!

The Thunderer tires are made in Thailand ... look like the Toyo Open Country M/Ts and are too cheap to be faked by the chinese :lol:

The Thunderers are meanwhile sold in the US as well! (they would not survive there if they were crap!)

The local (UAE! Asian Market) coopers are ALL MEANWHILE made in china at Coopers Shanghai factory!
Have you noticed that the actual cooper STTs have meanwhile this "strange" molding seam at the shoulder? The older generation STTs had a seamless shoulder and our experience and their reputation is largely based on the older generation!
(some guys here are not happy with their more actual STTs anymore!)
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

Sharjah =

1- Tires that are not original.
2- Re manufactured tires.
3- Used tires Getting sold as new.

I know few Manufacturers in sharjah who make Fake Micky Thompsons and Fake Coopers. They can write anything you want on the tire; like "National Tires Special Edition".
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

tajkeh

Looking for Cooper STT - Dubai

Post by tajkeh »

I found the dealer in Dubai and got it for 870 with installation and balance per tire :)
Tareq Tajkeh
050 35 39 220
Nissan Xterra

geox

Post by geox »

tajkeh wrote:I found the dealer in Dubai and got it for 870 with installation and balance per tire :)
Tarek

Can you please let me know where is the dealer as I would like to put the STT on my car

Thank you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legends Don’t Die. They’re Reincarnated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_________________________FJ____________________________
|................................... Cruiser............................................|

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

SSS wrote:Or buy those Thunderer M/T tires ... much cheaper and for sure better than Chinese Cooper fakes !!!

The Thunderer tires are made in Thailand ... look like the Toyo Open Country M/Ts and are too cheap to be faked by the chinese :lol:

The Thunderers are meanwhile sold in the US as well! (they would not survive there if they were crap!)

The local (UAE! Asian Market) coopers are ALL MEANWHILE made in china at Coopers Shanghai factory!
Have you noticed that the actual cooper STTs have meanwhile this "strange" molding seam at the shoulder? The older generation STTs had a seamless shoulder and our experience and their reputation is largely based on the older generation!
(some guys here are not happy with their more actual STTs anymore!)

Where do we get the Thunderer tires from?
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....