Custom flag and stickers?

Itemas wanted and Group Orders
Mulgara
Intermediate
Intermediate

Custom flag and stickers?

Post by Mulgara »

Can anyone suggest where I can get a custom flag and or some stickers made :?:

I'm working on a 'Mulgara' logo at the moment for a bit of fun :) and would like to have a flag made and possibly a sticker or two as well.

Even just plain letters saying 'Mulgara' would be a good starting point (and will help the Marshals and others keep track of who's who). For example, I notice some have their names and blood group on their cars in nice simple lettering. Can I ask where these come from?

Thanks,
Steve a.k.a. Mulgara
'Mulgara': a small Australian desert-dwelling marsupial that burrows in to sand dunes to escape the heat... Formerly known to drive a blue JK in the dunes of the UAE!'

...Now back on two-wheels in the UK...

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Try Tornado on Salam Street, its next door with Black Tiger, after the 9th take the second parking at the Nissan Logo. They do all kinds of customs stickers, as the car of my wife shows it :lol:
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Brummie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Brummie »

Hi Steve,

If you own a photo style printer you can make your own stickers from photos or graphics and a bit of photoshop modification. The only proviso is the sticker print paper which you can get from good stationary shops or online.

As for the flag I could do with one myself so if you do find out I'll be using it as well. I suppose a teeshirt printing service could be used if you know someone who could make a blank flag?
Anyway good luck, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers

:cheers1:

Brummie
Brummie Bin Harzen Al Magboul
Do everything, regret nothing, don't run with scissors, Al Magboul Rules!!!

Abu Jaguar

Easy

Post by Abu Jaguar »

Try Smart print in Tourist club Area , Old Mazda Road after Vision Residence .

I made my own Logo and Flag over there ,plus if you need any tailoring will be next door.

Just bring your own Logo with you on Flash and give it to them and they will do the rest for you (any mod on Corel and photoshop).

Salam
Abu Jaguar Bin Za3lan Al Bahra

Happy now ?
____________________________________________________________________________________

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Why not buy some iron on transfer printing paper from carrefour and make your own logo on your computer, print it on the transfer paper then iron it on to what ever size flag you can find. Or even buy some plain white T-shirts while at carrefour and make a couple of flags from one T-shirt, then iron the logo on? :D Full of bargains me :wink:
I just thought of this and think I may do it myself you know. (I'm a tight wad by the way) :roll: :oops: :lol:
As for the stickers you can also buy this paper at the same place (I think) :? Just make sure they are 100% waterproof coz otherwise they will dissolve when you wash the car.
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Mulgara
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Mulgara »

Thanks guys - a great response as usual. AD4x4 club is the best!

Once I have my Mulgara logo finished, I'll check out the shops suggested by Mike and Semo75 as I'm after something durable and good quality - and I imagine they'll do a better job than me.

Steve
'Mulgara': a small Australian desert-dwelling marsupial that burrows in to sand dunes to escape the heat... Formerly known to drive a blue JK in the dunes of the UAE!'

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

TINTIN wrote:Why not buy some iron on transfer printing paper from carrefour and make your own logo on your computer, print it on the transfer paper then iron it on to what ever size flag you can find. Or even buy some plain white T-shirts while at carrefour and make a couple of flags from one T-shirt, then iron the logo on? :D Full of bargains me :wink:
I just thought of this and think I may do it myself you know. (I'm a tight wad by the way) :roll: :oops: :lol:
As for the stickers you can also buy this paper at the same place (I think) :? Just make sure they are 100% waterproof coz otherwise they will dissolve when you wash the car.
Works best on 100%cotton non stretch materials with a dense weave. That flag will be whipping like crazy as you drive. I suggest printing both sides separately. Then take it to the local tailor to double stitch it proper around the edges (5 dirhams) for a pair.
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

G-man wrote:
TINTIN wrote:Why not buy some iron on transfer printing paper from carrefour and make your own logo on your computer, print it on the transfer paper then iron it on to what ever size flag you can find. Or even buy some plain white T-shirts while at carrefour and make a couple of flags from one T-shirt, then iron the logo on? :D Full of bargains me :wink:
Works best on 100%cotton non stretch materials with a dense weave. That flag will be whipping like crazy as you drive. I suggest printing both sides separately. Then take it to the local tailor to double stitch it proper around the edges (5 dirhams) for a pair.
Cheers G, I'm goinng to get the stuff today so I will let you know how it works out when its done. Cheers :D mate.
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.

Mulgara
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Mulgara »

TINTIN wrote:I'm goinng to get the stuff today so I will let you know how it works out when its done. Cheers :D mate.
Looking forward to seeing the results - let us know how it goes T.

Steve a.k.a. Mulgara

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Go to the bookshop on the ground floor of Mina Coop. You'll find two type of transfer paper, for dark or light backgrounds. I went for the light. Pack of ten. Took me several tries to get it right. So get a big cotton shirt. You can try printing Both sides on a single sheet of cloth at the same time, but I wanted the extra strength of two sheets of cloth. Align every thing, clip together including the protection sheet of wax paper (included) on either end of the stack, and iron away. :twisted:

You'll probably need new print cartridges. Expensive. or you can take your new shirt to the printers shack in front of the checkout of Carefour Marina or any you know of. If you need the Club Logo Hi Res PM Antrax. Maybe you'll save money that way (no Transfere paper needed or cartridges). Just the cloth.
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Excellent, cheers G. Fountain of seemingly useless info you are mate :lol: Only kiddin, your a star. Cheers pal.
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

If you really need to save money, just get the standard club flag from Iguana or Antrax. Much cheaper than running around sorting all the bits n pieces out. Between the shirts and tranfere paper and Photo Cartridges and fuel, I probably spent 250 Diorhams. :lol:

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

G-man wrote:If you really need to save money, just get the standard club flag from Iguana or Antrax. Much cheaper than running around sorting all the bits n pieces out. Between the shirts and tranfere paper and Photo Cartridges and fuel, I probably spent 250 Diorhams. :lol:
I didn't say I wanted to save money did I , I said I was a tigh a$$ :lol: I'm only doing it because my wife wants to make a joke gift for some friends who just got married and we need the print paper anyway so I thought why not play with the left-overs and see what happens, if it don't wowk then I'll just get the ones from the club.

I like to experiment G-man, Ican't help it. I think its a bit of an OCD :evil:
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.

akube

Post by akube »

I went straight to a tailor, told him I need a small flag, you can get the dimensions off the internet.

You need a pole though. I ordered my 7 foot pole + white flag online.
Jeep Cherokee 2000
K&N Air Filter
Old Man Emu 1.5 inch lift
American Off Road Muffler

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Why order online, why not just get a fishing rod frm carrefour or lulu's?
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.