Need tyres

Items for Sale
action jack

Need tyres

Post by action jack »

Hi Guys just thought id ask incase some one could point me in the right direction.

i recently purchased wrangler tj and the previous owner had new 33 inch off road tyres on.

they are a tad big, was wondering if anyone had 31 inch for sale or could point me in the direction of a good deal?

much appreciated .

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Need tyres

Post by Bulldozer »

actionjack welcome to the family hope youwill enjoy bit as much as we do, TJ is agood choice what you need to look at if the differentials are modified or not, if stock the best size is 31x 10,5 15 if you have 15" rims, if the Diff modified you need to know what is the ratio to determine the tyre size.
for tires call our Marshal in Musaffah Alkarmel shop his name Qariouty mobile# 050-6111429 or 055-11177999
the Nitto Dune Grappler or Cooper AT3 or YOKOHAMA Geolander new generation HT/S
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Need tyres

Post by scotchyl »

Maybe even KO2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkbp
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

Do not go with the Cooper AT3, way to heavy for a light TJ ;) Your best option would be the dune grappler but not sure if you could find it anymore in UAE :(
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

Aidy
Marshal
Marshal

Need tyres

Post by Aidy »

Wasabi I think you mean the Cooper STS which are a heavy tire but the AT3 are one of the lightest tires available especially in P configuration ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"We give advice by the bucket, but take it by the grain"

Grant-b
Advanced
Advanced

Need tyres

Post by Grant-b »

What a great choice of truck! I put yoko geolander ats on my TJ. Fantastic. From contact mentioned in bulldozers mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

action jack

Post by action jack »

Thanks so much guys i appreciate it!!

the kit on it i believe is a rancho 2.5 inch sports system and the 33's fit not problem on it at all.

the wheels are 15 inch

and i will check the finer details of the current tire dimensions tomorrow.

im extremely happy with the tj, and its nice to finally have a project to play with

ill add some photos when i get some good ones

:D

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

action jack wrote:Thanks so much guys i appreciate it!!

the kit on it i believe is a rancho 2.5 inch sports system and the 33's fit not problem on it at all.

the wheels are 15 inch

and i will check the finer details of the current tire dimensions tomorrow.

im extremely happy with the tj, and its nice to finally have a project to play with

ill add some photos when i get some good ones

:D
when i mention the differentials setup we are talking about performance, for stock diff u cannot go bigger than 31" tires with 33" its very slow and you will loose the momentum quickly, for the lift 2.5" is good enough for 31" or 33" but with proper pump-stops height.
Qariouty in Jordan so you can call his brother Suhaib on 050-711 8377 or 050- 810 1811
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

QARUOTY

Post by QARUOTY »

Hello guys yes I'm in Jordan now if any body need any thing regarding the tyres call my brother as buldoser said.

Thank you buldoser.

See you soon.

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

i am going to hi-jack this for a moment or two.

My Geolander ATS are coming close to the minimum tread therefore i need to look to some new shoes during the next 2 months so....

Geolander ATS
Cooper AT3 (if i can find at a good price) (had on previous jeep)
BF Goodrich KO2

i hear the KO2 are supposed to be a great tyre in the USA but what is the noise (on road), weight and side wall like for what we do.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

scotchyl wrote:i am going to hi-jack this for a moment or two.

My Geolander ATS are coming close to the minimum tread therefore i need to look to some new shoes during the next 2 months so....

Geolander ATS
BF Goodrich KO2

i hear the KO2 are supposed to be a great tyre in the USA but what is the noise (on road), weight and side wall like for what we do.
Geolander ATS all the way,,, excellent tires.
Gladiator
-------------------------------

NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF
WALK AWAY WHEN REQUIRED

Thom
Advanced
Advanced

Need tyres

Post by Thom »

scotchyl wrote:i am going to hi-jack this for a moment or two.

Geolander ATS
BF Goodrich KO2

As BFG All-Terrain (JK)and Cooper AT3 (F150) user I can tell you the BFGs are less noisy.

When it is time to replace the tyres on the JK, I will go for the Cooper AT3s as I think they are probably better in the sand.

The BFGs are indestructible though.

JK 2012 - "White Rhino"
F150 FX4 2014 - "Canis Majoris"
FB - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005220737029

Kaylie
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Need tyres

Post by Kaylie »

I went from the geolanders to Cooper AT3 and like the cooper better. Also geolander doesn't do 285s for 17" rims.
Not sure about which are noisier because my soft top is so noisy when I'm driving it drowns out everything :mrgreen:

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Kaylie
Club Public Relations Manager
ph: 050 876 6959

action jack

Post by action jack »

Hey guys,

so the tires currently on the tj are bfg all terrain 33x12.5x15.

they have only been on for 1000kms so are still brand new. its a shame to take them off i know but i asked the previous owner and im pretty sure the diff is stock knowing the history of the car, but as bulldozer said i think they are just that little too big. It drinks a serious amount of fuel with the 33's on

i drive this every day and am looking for some a bit more road friendly but still capable to tackle the off road?? also something that isnt going to break the bank although im probably being optimistic there.

the rims are old school one piece 15 inch ultras in chrome :|

i was lead to believe before that painting chrome wheels just wont last the test of time but do you guys have any thoughts on that??
alternatively i may purchase rugged ridge steelies in black unless again you have any other ideas?

as always your feed back is very much appreciated.

cheers